Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    The Norm = Franklin
    ?

And you guys realize that with a full timeout, you can only make two subs, and on a 20s, you can only make one sub.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    And you guys realize that with a full timeout, you can only make two subs, and on a 20s, you can only make one sub.
    One sub = Favors for Jefferson and then back again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Banned
    This post makes me think that the Corbin apologists on this board are just trolling the rest of us. There's grasping for straws and then there's this, holy ****.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    NBA Rulebook: "Each team is entitled to six (6) charged timeouts during regulation play. Each team is limited to no more than three (3) timeouts in the fourth quarter and no more than two (2) timeouts in the last two minutes of regulation play(This is in addition to one 20-second timeout per half.)"
    If you're correct then your criticism at least has a foundation, even though it's wrong. The Jazz are much better in transition and had good success with it toward this point in the game (i.e. the Hayward play). I would have preferred that and Al Jefferson backup than calling a timeout and hoping the guys can score after allowing the Clippers to get 100% set on defense. That's the old Sloan philosophy & I agree with it in some instances. This was one of them as the Jazz just don't have the players to run a short clock offense with any success.

The 20 second rule is washed out under the 2 minute mark though.

This post makes me think that the Corbin apologists on this board are just trolling the rest of us. There's grasping for straws and then there's this, holy ****.
    Someone made a post on the first page saying how he should have taken Foye, Jefferson, Tinsley out ... ... you can't do that

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    One sub = Favors for Jefferson and then back again.
    He subbed out Tinsley if I remember right, too slow for Paul or crawford.

I'm not going to argue whether that is the right move or not.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    If you're correct then your criticism at least has a foundation, even though it's wrong. The Jazz are much better in transition and had good success with it toward this point in the game (i.e. the Hayward play). I would have preferred that and Al Jefferson backup than calling a timeout and hoping the guys can score after allowing the Clippers to get 100% set on defense. That's the old Sloan philosophy & I agree with it in some instances. This was one of them as the Jazz just don't have the players to run a short clock offense with any success.
    We all knew the Clippers would hold for the final shot and we all knew they would put Big Al in the pick and roll. Are you honestly trying to tell me that the benefits of having Favors guard the pick and roll over Jefferson are outweighed by the benefits of having Al Jefferson (super slow player) on a fast-break with in all likelihood virtually no time left?

Banned
    Someone made a post on the first page saying how he should have taken Foye, Jefferson, Tinsley out ... ... you can't do that
    Then quote him specifically, don't say "You guys". That's so far beyond the point of this topic.

The 20 second rule is washed out under the 2 minute mark though.
    The game was tied and the Clippers were going to take the last shot. Before Jefferson can save the day on the offensive end, two things must happen: 1) Clippers have to miss the shot and 2) Jazz have to get the rebound. Please explain to the world the benifit in having Jefferson in the game over Favors or Kanter given that situation?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    The game was tied and the Clippers were going to take the last shot. Before Jefferson can save the day on the offensive end, two things must happen: 1) Clippers have to miss the shot and 2) Jazz have to get the rebound. Please explain to the world the benifit in having Jefferson in the game over Favors or Kanter given that situation?
    The Clippers would also have to miss the shot with enough time left for Al Jefferson to get down the court fast enough to be effective in a fast break. When you factor in that Al Jefferson has never been good at getting the ball and scoring quickly with it, franklin's argument just completely collapses.

The game was a pretty close mirror of the one back on Dec 3. I suggest any doubters of Corbin's ineptitude rewatch it. The Clippers ran the pick and roll on Jefferson with near 100% success (score or foul) in that game down the stretch, and you had to expect they would exploit him again. Corbin just does not learn from mistakes.

Banned
    Only dumbasses rationalize why Jefferson was kept in the game on a defensive possession. Pops and Thibs would never do something like that. Ever. Well, unless it's a teaching moment. Something Corbin knows nothing about. He's done nothing with a talented roster. Lowe brings nothing to the table. And Horny proved he's pretty much worthless to this point.

Well, Jefferson does have a better 3-PT% than Burks, Watson, Favors or Kanter. It's clear Ty, expecting the Clips would guard everyone BUT Jefferson, had a secret play drawn up for the Jazz to quickly pass the ball up court without calling a timeout and for Al to make the game-winning shot. Foye messed it up.
    JUST LOSE BABY!

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    We all knew the Clippers would hold for the final shot and we all knew they would put Big Al in the pick and roll. Are you honestly trying to tell me that the benefits of having Favors guard the pick and roll over Jefferson are outweighed by the benefits of having Al Jefferson (super slow player) on a fast-break with in all likelihood virtually no time left?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    That's a good point. On the other hand, Clippers were playing back-to-back, 4 games in six nights, and had just played the late game the night before and then flew all the way from Boston to SLC. The players were obviously tired and not ready for OT. 4 players in foul trouble. Risking all that time for a bad end of regulation shot could have easily meant overtime for tired legs & resulting injury risk.

Of course, it's possible Corbin forgot about having this possible second timeout and completely screwed the pooch.

Then quote him specifically, don't say "You guys". That's so far beyond the point of this topic.
    Well yes sir!

Banned
    That's a good point. On the other hand, Clippers were playing back-to-back, 4 games in six nights, and had just played the late game the night before and then flew all the way from Boston to SLC. The players were obviously tired and not ready for OT. 4 players in foul trouble. Risking all that time for a bad end of regulation shot could have easily meant overtime for tired legs & resulting injury risk.

Of course, it's possible Corbin forgot about having this possible second timeout and completely screwed the pooch.

Well yes sir!
    The Celtics game was in L.A., not Boston dumbass.