Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    That's a good point. On the other hand, Clippers were playing back-to-back, 4 games in six nights, and had just played the late game the night before and then flew all the way from Boston to SLC. The players were obviously tired and not ready for OT. 4 players in foul trouble. Risking all that time for a bad end of regulation shot could have easily meant overtime for tired legs & resulting injury risk.
    Hahahaha.

I know you're trolling now, but I have to give you credit for creativity. It's been awhile since I've seen somebody reach that far to keep an argument alive.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I changed my mind. The Norm's detailed responses have convinced me he is 100% correct on this.

Most troubling is this is the third time Corbin has refused to play Favors on defense in crunch time.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thanks Norm!
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Corbin has reasons, that's good. Well, this is a competition and bad reasons may result in losses.

So, what was the reason of playing BigAl vs the Warriors? BigAl admitted himself that it was just an off night.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    So much LoL.

I'm never for tanking. I fully supported last year's playoff push. But, I'm now hoping things get ugly just so this NEVER-FIRE, LONG CONNING organization realizes that everybody sees the cards they are holding.

Corbin is problem #1
    I'm still not for tanking, but my thinking is if we go on a long losing streak with Al and Sap as the starting bigs, and we miss the playoffs, the jazz might finally decide to trade Al or expire, and put Sap on the bench where he belongs. At this point I can no longer endure sap and al in the starting lineup. I'm so ready for the Favors, Kanter era to start, with Hayward back as a starter.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    I'm still not for tanking, but my thinking is if we go on a long losing streak with Al and Sap as the starting bigs, and we miss the playoffs, the jazz might finally decide to trade Al or expire, and put Sap on the bench where he belongs. At this point I can no longer endure sap and al in the starting lineup. I'm so ready for the Favors, Kanter era to start, with Hayward back as a starter.
    Sap said he didn't want to come off the bench, so that may not be an option.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I do not the Jazz to win another game that Sap and Jefferson start. Until they are off the team or on the bench and Corbin gone, I am 100% anti-Jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That is it for me with Tyrone Corbin. I have questioned him from the start but have tried to keep an open mind. But that strategy, and to divulge that strategy openly, is unacceptably bad decision making. Tie game and you worry more about what you are going to do if you get the ball back instead of trying to counter their obvious ploy to go ahead? WTF?

Job 1: stop them, stop them, stop them, stop them.

Job 2: See Job 1, because for the moment, there is no job 2. You don't know if you get the ball back, what the time left is if you get the ball back, what the situation and score is if you get the ball back. You are already thinking about what shot to get Big Al when you know none of the above? What if they make a 3? Still gonna get it to BA? What if there is 1 second left, gonna get it to BA?

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Corbin is as stubborn as Sloan; he wants his starters who can SCORE on the floor down the stretch, rather than his best defenders. With each passing game, that's becoming more and more clear... Not good. They TALK about defense, but unlike coaches like the Raptors' Dwayne Casey and the Bucks' Scott Skiles, they don't play the guys putting out the best effort on defense. Nor will Corbin mess with a starters' minutes, even when the b/u's are playing much better than the starters. Very disappointing.
    A good example of D: With Andrias Bargnani, the Raptors prized scorer who plays little D, in the starting lineup, the Raptors were 4-19; since his injury, they are 7-1... On the Bucks, lazy D in practice or the prior game will get you a seat on the bench from Scott Skiles, regardless of who it is...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That has always seemed to be Jazz problem even with Malone and Stockton playing.
    They would never seem to have enough scorers on the floor to win the big games when they needed to.
    Corbin may still believe that.
    The great teams always seemed to have a clutch scorer who could win a game at end.
    Jordan, Olajuwon, Bryant, etc.
    Malone and Stockton could be stopped from getting the big basket at times.
    Jazz are still like that.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    Corbin is as stubborn as Sloan; he wants his starters who can SCORE on the floor down the stretch, rather than his best defenders. With each passing game, that's becoming more and more clear... Not good. They TALK about defense, but unlike coaches like the Raptors' Dwayne Casey and the Bucks' Scott Skiles, they don't play the guys putting out the best effort on defense. Nor will Corbin mess with a starters' minutes, even when the b/u's are playing much better than the starters. Very disappointing.
    A good example of D: With Andrias Bargnani, the Raptors prized scorer who plays little D, in the starting lineup, the Raptors were 4-19; since his injury, they are 7-1... On the Bucks, lazy D in practice or the prior game will get you a seat on the bench from Scott Skiles, regardless of who it is...
    Absolutely true: the jazz often talk about D but play guys who can run the good ole "jazz basketball" low post offense even if they suck completely on D. Sap guarding Griffin is one of the worst mismatches out there, maybe only slightly less terrible than Slow Al trying to guard CP3 on the pick and roll. But they are our solid vets whom we must rely on! We beat the Spurs donchya know!

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Absolutely true: the jazz often talk about D but play guys who can run the good ole "jazz basketball" low post offense even if they suck completely on D. Sap guarding Griffin is one of the worst mismatches out there, maybe only slightly less terrible than Slow Al trying to guard CP3 on the pick and roll. But they are our solid vets whom we must rely on! We beat the Spurs donchya know!
    Hi Jazz haters.
    What's Toronto's record? Yeah, let's fire Ty and hire they are coach.
    Millsap haters didn't see how many times he shut down Griffin? Lol.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Hi Jazz haters.
    What's Toronto's record? Yeah, let's fire Ty and hire they are coach.
    Millsap haters didn't see how many times he shut down Griffin? Lol.
    Garsh, ya got us. We hate the Jazz so much that we watch the games and come here to post our observations. Hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em. Now I am going to go eat some worms.

Ya dork, is that the best defense you can come up with for a terrible coaching decision? Please explain the brilliance of Ty's strategy and how well it worked. If you cannot do that but can only try to ridicule and others, then don't bother.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    But Favs was much more effective against him in this game. (And Millsap was steam-rolled in the previous meeting when we refused to bring a double... flat out refused).
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Some of you are getting a little out there. But the point remains that we witnessed an unbelievable snafu from Corbin that really is a remarkable moment of clarity: the guy is in over his head.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF