Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    But Favs was much more effective against him in this game. (And Millsap was steam-rolled in the previous meeting when we refused to bring a double... flat out refused).
    Is Corbin responsible for Favors 4 fouls that took him out of the game? Favors alone gave 6 free throws to the Clippers (4 to Blake). That's not a coach firing offense.

Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Ya dork, is that the best defense you can come up with for a terrible coaching decision? Please explain the brilliance of Ty's strategy and how well it worked. If you cannot do that but can only try to ridicule and others, then don't bother.
    Any more commandments on how I must respond to haterade red herrings?
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Is Corbin responsible for Favors 4 fouls that took him out of the game? Favors alone gave 6 free throws to the Clippers (4 to Blake). That's not a coach firing offense.

Any more commandments on how I must respond to haterade red herrings?
    Actually it takes 6 fouls before anyone is required to be removed from a game, not 4.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Favs was still more effective against Blake in THIS game.

Did I say Corbin should be fired for this one offense?

Are we still having fun with this?
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Actually it takes 6 fouls before anyone is required to be removed from a game, not 4.
    LOL. Ya hater! Quit giving us uncomfortable facts.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jefferson should never have been put back in in the first place. Without him we were somehow sustaining our narrow lead - but we were nonetheless, with fluid ball movement and better shots. When Jefferson was put back in we immediately throw it to him and watched as he did his 15 second pump-fake jumpshot routine possession after possession. I knew that we were going to lose at that point.

I was a mild Corbin apologist until I witnessed the Golden State game in person. Then, when I heard his quote before the Clippers game that he was still lukewarm on a starting lineup change it was the final nail for me. I was completely dumbfounded.

I can't wait until we get smacked around by 20 tonight. Obviously I want us to win, but we won't; the next best thing is a beat down that a) gets the kids on the floor and b) pressures the front office

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Jefferson should never have been put back in in the first place. Without him we were somehow sustaining our narrow lead - but we were nonetheless, with fluid ball movement and better shots. When Jefferson was put back in we immediately throw it to him and watched as he did his 15 second pump-fake jumpshot routine possession after possession. I knew that we were going to lose at that point.

I was a mild Corbin apologist until I witnessed the Golden State game in person. Then, when I heard his quote before the Clippers game that he was still lukewarm on a starting lineup change it was the final nail for me. I was completely dumbfounded.

I can't wait until we get smacked around by 20 tonight. Obviously I want us to win, but we won't; the next best thing is a beat down that a) gets the kids on the floor and b) pressures the front office
    Garsh, you must really really hate the Jazz too. Welcome to the club! LMAO. Why is that some think any criticism of the team you love actually means you hate them?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Favors was only marginally more effective than Al/Sap. In fact, Griffin's points were pretty evenly split between Favors/Kanter and Al/Sap.

I'm not arguing that subbing Favors in for Al wasn't the right move, but the David Locke narrative of Favors giving Griffin all kinds of trouble is patently false.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Griffin was eating Millsap for breakfast, as he has the last few times they've matched up. The same was not true for Favors. This represents more than a marginal difference.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Garsh, you must really really hate the Jazz too. Welcome to the club! LMAO. Why is that some think any criticism of the team you love actually means you hate them?
    For some, blind devotion is the only form of devotion.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Griffin was eating Millsap for breakfast, as he has the last few times they've matched up. The same was not true for Favors. This represents more than a marginal difference.
    13 points with Al/Sap on the floor. 9 with Kanter/Favors.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

I must have misread what you meant after leading with "but".

Favors should play more as long as a) he can stay on the court and b) isn't a liability on the other end.

A lot of Griffin's points came from fast breaks, FTs, and dunks set up by CP3 and Crawford. Both Sap and Fav were susceptible to the alleyoop this game.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Favors was only marginally more effective than Al/Sap. In fact, Griffin's points were pretty evenly split between Favors/Kanter and Al/Sap.

I'm not arguing that subbing Favors in for Al wasn't the right move, but the David Locke narrative of Favors giving Griffin all kinds of trouble is patently false.
    13 points with Al/Sap on the floor. 9 with Kanter/Favors.
    Billy, point totals don't tell a very complete story. It's how the points are scored, from where, etc. You'll need a shot chart and evidence that one or both were asked to guard him one-on-one at different times.

I don't have LP so I can't go back and review.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I can tell you Sap was getting help on pretty much every half-court set.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Billy, point totals don't tell a very complete story. It's how the points are scored, from where, etc. You'll need a shot chart and evidence that one or both were asked to guard him one-on-one at different times.

I don't have LP so I can't go back and review.
    Not sure how it matters. He only scored 5 points in the 4th (2 with Favors/Kanter; 3 with Al/Sap) and he didn't attempt a shot almost the last 5 minutes with Al/Sap on the floor.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not sure how it matters. He only scored 5 points in the 4th (2 with Favors/Kanter; 3 with Al/Sap) and he didn't attempt a shot almost the last 5 minutes with Al/Sap on the floor.
    Not sure how it matters?!?

We are talking about who was more effective against Blake, right? You got involved in this conversation, right?

I'm confused.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]