Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Senior Member JAZZGASM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    14

    Tomic MVP Week 1 Top 16 Euroleague

    FWIW--Maybe he's improving?

    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Euroleague_MVP

    12 points, 11 rebounds, five assists and three blocks in just 21 minutes

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Interesting. I honestly wouldn't mind going fun and young, losing Jefferson and Millsap, getting someone new who doesn't demand much PT, and having Tomic as our 4th big next year.

  3. #3
    In Pursuit of #PKM UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    28,881
    Rep Power
    137
    Gasol stopper.
    #Hope4Hoiberg #OrOllie

  4. #4
    Senior Member Hotttnickkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Interesting. I honestly wouldn't mind going fun and young, losing Jefferson and Millsap, getting someone new who doesn't demand much PT, and having Tomic as our 4th big next year.
    Yep agree with this. Lose both Jefferson & Millsap. If Tomic is decent, I'd actually have him as our 3rd big with Evans as our 4th.
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk
    #Hungry
    #LoveYourNeighbour

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Yep agree with this. Lose both Jefferson & Millsap. If Tomic is decent, I'd actually have him as our 3rd big with Evans as our 4th.
    Evans isn't a real big and he and Tomic would both likely get absolutely destroyed. I thought of Tomic as a 3rd big but highly doubt that would work, unless he's gained 15-20 pounds or something. Let Favors and Kanter get 32 minutes each, Tomic 12, and have a 3rd big playing ahead of Ante for about 20 a night. A smart, solid vet who plays d and can pass. Collison or someone like that maybe.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Rep Power
    0
    Wouldn't we have to over pay to get him here? Isn't this a dead issue?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Wouldn't we have to over pay to get him here? Isn't this a dead issue?
    Pretty much but we can dream.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,964
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Wouldn't we have to over pay to get him here? Isn't this a dead issue?
    How much did the Spurs pay for Splitter? Wasn't he a Euro MVP before he came to the Spurs?
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Rep Power
    0
    BTW, those were honest questions. I really don't remember where these things stand. On the surface, I'd like to see what he can do in 15-20 minutes of NBA action.

  10.  

     

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    How much did the Spurs pay for Splitter? Wasn't he a Euro MVP before he came to the Spurs?
    Players' buyouts and their desires to come to the biggest league vary widely.

    Based on Tomic's last contract, you can assume he isn't really motivated to come over here (the smoking gun is the high $ buyout).

  12. #11
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Rep Power
    24
    We need a 7 footer.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,964
    Rep Power
    41
    Wiki'd it, Splitter was indeed a Euro-League MVP and his contract with the Spurs was 11 million for 3 years.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Wiki'd it, Splitter was indeed a Euro-League MVP and his contract with the Spurs was 11 million for 3 years.
    From what I remember, he was pretty keen to prove his **** at the next level. And, I don't think the spurs had to pay a buyout.

    Tomic makes more than Splitter right now, and would cost somebody a lot to buyout.

  15. #14
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,964
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    From what I remember, he was pretty keen to prove his **** at the next level. And, I don't think the spurs had to pay a buyout.

    Tomic makes more than Splitter right now, and would cost somebody a lot to buyout.
    Yeah, I don't know all those specifics, but I was just referring to how much it would cost if we got him that far.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  16. #15
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    the heavens
    Posts
    9,347
    Rep Power
    62
    Lol

    So now its better to have Tomic on your team rather than Jefferson and Millsap.

    I know we are down on them, but is Tomic really better than both of them?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •