Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Rep Level
    Bad Offense Part II: I literally sat up on my couch (Ok, lazily lurched forward) when Carroll and Al worked a baseline give and go 1 minute into the 3rd. For a split second, I thought maybe Ty had actually told guys to cut. Carroll actually did cut once more, and Sap ran a few, but otherwise the same old routine.

Rep Level
    Bad Offense Part III: At the end of the 2nd, there were two straight possessions where the only thing that happened was Foye dribbled for 10 seconds and took the best shot he could. It was a microcosm of most of the night, but those were crucial possessions.

Rep Level
    Yup, the offense was about as bad as possible. It was even bad out of timeouts and at the beginning of quarters when a decent team would roll out a few scripted plays. Just BAD.

Rep Level
    Not that it really matters, but can we end the whole "Hayward is the Captain of the second unit" thing? He's just not cut out for that role. He will never effectively initiate offense and needs to be a supporting player who gets shots set up for him. Also, just put him back on the 1st unit. He can do so much more good there (providing we let him dribble as little as possible.)

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Let me help: it's because Millsap has spent the vast majority of his career as a winner, even on losing teams. Jefferson has spent the vast majority of his career as a loser, and to his very core. And one is a Jazz player, and one will have worn a Jazz jersey for 2.5-3 years.
    It doesnエt matter for me IF youre orginally from UTAH, or even far away from RUANDA who will just wear our Jersey for one season. The most important thing for me is, "are you a good piece for ou team or not. "
    It just important for me who can take our jersey with more pride and can win with us more games. And for me this is AL, no doubt about it.

I got nothing else to say.
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice I知 going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever I知 on the court with other big men it痴 much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Rep Level
    I got a little sad tonight when I realized Hayward will never be as good as Crawford is now. Incredibly impressed with Crawford.

Rep Level
    Our second unit literally can't score. If we magically traded Al and Sap tonight, we might only win 5 more games the rest of the way, and I bet we wouldn't average 90 points a night.

I'm not saying that still shouldn't be the plan next year, but no way are Favors and Kanter ready. Even if they improved, they'd be stuck in Ty's offense.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    I got a little sad tonight when I realized Hayward will never be as good as Crawford is now. Incredibly impressed with Crawford.
    He is just overrated becausse he is looking like a mix of Justin Bieber and a "Lord of the Rings" charakter. Hayward can be a very solid role player and can be a good piece, on a Championchip team,but nothing more. He is not a leader, he is no Manu, Hedo or even a Jamaal Crawford.

"In practice I知 going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever I知 on the court with other big men it痴 much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    But just today, becausse nobody can bitch about Big AL who scored 30 points and blocked 4 shots. Even with his no-hustle AL is NATURALLY a better defender than Millsap, becausse he has his size and his presence of a BIG-BODY. Itエs not easy to shoot above a guy who is as BIG as BIG-AL or bullying away this amount of a BIG body. But even if Millsap is playing with effort, he is not BIG enough to break down the opponents offense most of the time, becausse they are even a alot of SF in this league, who are even bigger than Millsap. BUT, the main problem is that Millsap even is playing without effort the whole season long, but still your just able to read on this board how much BIG-AL sucks.

BIG-AL would be great next to Kanter or Favors, but with Millsap on his side, our frount court just gets to small. You had to see the reality the problem is not AL, its Millsap.
    That was a great effort to defend Al and you are correct about Sap he is too small and his hustle plays are on the decline. Sap is only a small portion of the problem. Having to play 4 on 5 because we have no point guard is a bigger issue. The biggest issue is coming from Big Al. If he gets 30 but gives up 50 is never a good thing no matter how you or Locke try to spin it. There is no flow on offense with him in the game and his complete lack of understanding on how to defend the pick and roll is killing us. Send Paul to the bench and trade Al, throw in the towel on this season (I can't believe I just typed that) and hope for the best in the draft to get a pg who can stay on the court and lead this team.

Rep Level
    Hayward is a more complete and infinitely more intelligent player than Crawford. Hayward will not be the scorer Crawford has been, but Crawford hasn't basically done anything of note in his career if you care about winning basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Rep Level
    Hayward is a more complete and infinitely more intelligent player than Crawford. Hayward will not be the scorer Crawford has been, but Crawford hasn't basically done anything of note in his career if you care about winning basketball.
    Maybe you are right, but this board is expecting to much out of him. Jazz Fans are hoping that he can something like MANU for the Spurs, or Hedo for the Magic a few years ago, but Iエdont thing that he is capable for such a big role like this.

No Kanter ,but more AL

Rep Level
    Either has Al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    From the interesting but I don't know what it means files: We're actually doing something different on PnR defense. Instead of the usual show and drop, we were dramatically overplaying the show by design. Basically Al/Favors/whoever would come way over the top to force Paul left. It wasn't a bad concept, and served its function, but it also requires a baseline big and wing to rotate which didn't always happen. They didn't really kill us with PnR tonight, anyway. But I'll be interested to see if this was a pure matchup decision or something Ty is trying to do.

Rep Level
    Hayward doesn't have half Crawford's natural skill. And Crawford has been stuck on losing teams where he's had to do too much. I'm not really knocking Hayward, there's just a big disparity of talent between the two of them.

Rep Level
    Milsap whines about correct non-calls all the time and now he's whining about another.