Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

It's Time to Move Sap To The Bench

This is really not a dig at Sap who I love. I also genuinely believe he's a starter in the league. And even though I think the problem is Ty more than anything else, moving Sap to the bench is the best short term move we can make to jumpstart the offense.

1. Sap is struggling, and making him the focus of the second unit is good for us and good for him.
    2. Hayward is not capable of being the focus of the second unit as he is now. Hayward/Sap is a great 2nd unit tandem, however, and Sap is by far the best PnR player Hayward can play with.
    3. We need the extra defense/rebounding in the 1st unit desperately. We get beat on the wings so routinely that having Favors back there should help.

I don't expect Paul will like this. But at this point, you have to figure he realizes he's hurting himself for his next contract. He needs the numbers and we need the spark. It's just time.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We might as well just move him then. This log jam of bigs is stupid. It helps just in case we have an injury, but thats it. Id rather get something for him. I think he is gone at the end of the year anyways.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    We might as well just move him then. This log jam of bigs is stupid. It helps just in case we have an injury, but thats it. Id rather get something for him. I think he is gone at the end of the year anyways.
    Yup. One thing this logjam has produced is enough frustration from the players that I see almost zero chance Sap re-signs. So, when you piss so hard in your own pool, you gotta drain it.

But, if you want this thread to proceed down a line of discussion that doesn't involve a trade:
    Move those wangs named Al and Randy to the bench. Pair Paul and Gordon in the starting lineup. Increase PnR sets. Improve wing D. Bury the mother **** outta Foye.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Naw, never mind.... What would our offense look like without those wangs?!?!?!?!?!?!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No way we'll ever see Al sitting meaningful minutes on the bench, barring injury.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Naw, never mind.... What would our offense look like without those wangs?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Mannequin?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    No way we'll ever see Al sitting meaningful minutes on the bench, barring injury.
    The fact that this conclusion is so easily reached by so many is the thing I hate most in the world of sports.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Mannequin?
    Hahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What I am most interested in right now is just for this season to end. Im curious to see how this 3 year long fiasco ends. Or will we re-sign both Al and Paul? Man, who knows with this management, anything is possible I guess. All that surrounds this team now is doubt and bad vibes. Im tired all the negativity its creating around here. I cant imagine that it hasnt reached the players either. They all look like they want it to be over with too. I think management sees it differently though. They can be so freaking stubborn.

My prediction for the end game is we either barely make or miss the playoffs. Either way it doesnt matter because we wont make any noise in the playoffs. The vets will get all of that magical playoff experience. The season will end and Millsap will sign else where. Al will be re-signed because we will have no other options. Half of Jazzfanz will quit supporting the team. Marvin opts in, I puke. We re-sign Foye. We trade our two upcoming picks for some stupid vet that we will all hate, because management doesnt want more rookies.. And basically just do this mess all over again with slight improvement because Favors finally gets to start. No attempt by management will be made to do something great.

Thats our reality.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hack - this is why I am 100% against the Jazz right now. I hope they lose every game until Al and Corbin are gone. But, we will end up 7-10, the Jazz will laude Corbin and Al and we will be stick with this mess for four more years and watch Favors and Burks leave via FA.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think Millsap can be a starter on almst any low-rank playoff contender. I don't think he is starting-caliber on a team contending for a championship. I have no trouble moving him to the bench in favor of Favors.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    I think Millsap can be a starter on almst any low-rank playoff contender. I don't think he is starting-caliber on a team contending for a championship. I have no trouble moving him to the bench in favor of Favors.
    Since Al is a "known quantity", would you like to characterize him with respect to playoff and championship contention? How about your feelings regarding his benching?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Listening to one of the radio shows a few weeks ago, they had a weekly chat with the "NBA scout." About the most emphatic thing he said about the team is that the Jazz have to realize that Sap is not a starting PF in this league.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Time to move Sap, Foye, and Marvin to the bench.

Time to trade Jefferson.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    What I am most interested in right now is just for this season to end. Im curious to see how this 3 year long fiasco ends. Or will we re-sign both Al and Paul? Man, who knows with this management, anything is possible I guess. All that surrounds this team now is doubt and bad vibes. Im tired all the negativity its creating around here. I cant imagine that it hasnt reached the players either. They all look like they want it to be over with too. I think management sees it differently though. They can be so freaking stubborn.

My prediction for the end game is we either barely make or miss the playoffs. Either way it doesnt matter because we wont make any noise in the playoffs. The vets will get all of that magical playoff experience. The season will end and Millsap will sign else where. Al will be re-signed because we will have no other options. Half of Jazzfanz will quit supporting the team. Marvin opts in, I puke. We re-sign Foye. We trade our two upcoming picks for some stupid vet that we will all hate, because management doesnt want more rookies.. And basically just do this mess all over again with slight improvement because Favors finally gets to start. No attempt by management will be made to do something great.

Thats our reality.
    What really worries me is that our away games appear to be front loaded this year. End of the year schedule looks fairly favorable for them so I see an end-fo-the-year win streak and unwarranted optimism based on that. Hey, we beat the Spurs donchya know?