Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Since Al is a "known quantity", would you like to characterize him with respect to playoff and championship contention? How about your feelings regarding his benching?
    I don't think Kanter is as ready to start as Favors is, and a Favors-Millsap starting tandem doesn't have a strong post defender.

Of the top 3 teams in each conference right now, Jefferson might or might not start to Atlanta over Pachulia, but certainly none of the others. I don't see Millsap starting for any of them. Jefferson could certainly start on many other playoff teams.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    I could see him succeed on a Lakers, Heat, SPURS, type of teams because of the focus being on the big stars of the team.
    In whose place does he start for the Heat of the Spurs?

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Rep Level
    From my observational point (on my couch), every time the bench came in during the clippers games we stopped runs and went on our own runs. More than a few times throughout the games I've seen the bench bring the Jazz back into it. Do my eyes deceive me?
    When the bench can run, as it did in Clippers Part I, it looks great. When it can't, like Clippers Part II, it's atrocious. But in neither game could they run competent half court sets. In a few games they've gone on exciting runs mostly with the break and rebounding like Clips, Orlando. But against GS, Miami, Indy, or any team with a semblance of a team defensive concept, they get schooled because they have no post option whatsoever.

Rep Level
    From my observational point (on my couch), every time the bench came in during the clippers games we stopped runs and went on our own runs. More than a few times throughout the games I've seen the bench bring the Jazz back into it. Do my eyes deceive me?
    IN the few games I've seen, the runs are coming from fast break buckets, not running an offense. billyshelby specifically referred to running an offense.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Are the Heat still starting Shane Battier?
    And are the Spurs still starting Diaw?
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Rep Level
    You could start Lebron at 3, Millsap at the 4, and Bosh at the 5.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Are the Heat still starting Shane Battier?
    And are the Spurs still starting Diaw?
    I don't see Millsap replacing either of them. He's not versitile enough.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    You could start Lebron at 3, Millsap at the 4, and Bosh at the 5.
    While I don't follow the Heat closely, I've heard they're very happy with James starting at the four. He has the height and strength, he will make that move eventually.

Banned
    Rep Level
    While I don't follow the Heat closely, I've heard they're very happy with James starting at the four. He has the height and strength, he will make that move eventually.
    This doesn't mean they were unhappy with him at the 3, the position in which he's played 98% of his career.

Rep Level
    The foursome log jam was never going to last, but it was also never going to be solved by management. They were happy to let it play out and let one of the players remove himself by injury or attitude.

It appears to me that Milsap, with a little help from Corbin, is being removed from the competition. Management will have to act, it won't be long now.

FTR--I'm not sure how I feel about it.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    I wasn't thinking of anyone specifically, just more of an general statement that Sap could start/be a better player on a team with top talent. I mostly agree with you that he's not starter materia and it's something I've been a supporter of for most of his career, that being he should come off the bench. However, I think it can be argued that someone like Sap could start on a team with super stars and see some success. Pretty ambiguous statement, I know.

Rep Level
    This doesn't mean they were unhappy with him at the 3, the position in which he's played 98% of his career.
    If James plays until he is 40, people will still be happy with him, I'm sure.

Banned
    Rep Level
    If James plays until he is 40, people will still be happy with him, I'm sure.
    I'm not sure if you have a point.

Rep Level
    I'm not sure if you have a point.
    While they were happy with James at the three, Miami at one pointthis season felt that James was even better (more of a mismatch, presumably) at the 4. So, I don't see them sitting their current starting 3 to move James there and start Millsap (were Millsap to play for that team).

Banned
    Rep Level
    While they were happy with James at the three, Miami at one pointthis season felt that James was even better (more of a mismatch, presumably) at the 4. So, I don't see them sitting their current starting 3 to move James there and start Millsap (were Millsap to play for that team).
    That doesn't change the fact that Miami's a situation where Millsap makes some sense starting, if Miami wanted to go in that direction. That was the original sentiment by someone and it makes sense.