View Poll Results: who makes his teammates better?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • jeffy

9 50.00%
  • mansap

9 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

who makes his teammates better?

Jefferson or Millsap?

Explain.

I think millsap is better passer, though not really any more willing of a passer. Plus i think millsap plays better defense.

Of course jefferson draws double teams to get guys open..... so i voted millsap, but i guess i could be swayed to jeffersons side.

Obviously the "old" Paul Millsap would make this team better, but this new guy, with his droopy on court attitude, and seemingly declining athletic and defensive abilities makes them worse.
    Watching him against DeAndre Jordan last night reminded me of how he would get owned against the Lakers in the playoffs years ago. He seems completely disinterested in playing with the Jazz anymore, and needs to get traded while he still has value.

As for Al Jefferson....

We all know what Big Al brings on the offensive end, and how a lot of the time he struggles/doesn't play defense.
    At the same time, that's just fine with me because we have two great defensive players in Favors and Kanter to do that job.

No, I don't think they should drop it down to Jefferson every play and have everyone stand around.
    He's a decent post passer, and as long as you keep everybody moving on offense, I don't see a problem.

This team is built around Al's offensive abilities, and obviously no team is fearing Paul Millsap in the post. Not to mention, Paul can not hit a jumper to save his life anymore.
    In conclusion, Big Al is the better team player now days.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Obviously the "old" Paul Millsap would make this team better, but this new guy, with his droopy on court attitude, and seemingly declining athletic and defensive abilities makes them worse.
    Watching him against DeAndre Jordan last night reminded me of how he would get owned against the Lakers in the playoffs years ago. He seems completely disinterested in playing with the Jazz anymore, and needs to get traded while he still has value.

As for Al Jefferson....

We all know what Big Al brings on the offensive end, and how a lot of the time he struggles/doesn't play defense.
    At the same time, that's just fine with me because we have two great defensive players in Favors and Kanter to do that job.

No, I don't think they should drop it down to Jefferson every play and have everyone stand around.
    He's a decent post passer, and as long as you keep everybody moving on offense, I don't see a problem.

This team is built around Al's offensive abilities, and obviously no team is fearing Paul Millsap in the post. Not to mention, Paul can not hit a jumper to save his life anymore.
    Sadly, this.

I wonder too how much of a negative influence Paul's uncle is which is stupid considering the kid is in a contract year. Obviously it can't be easy to see reduced PT and having Favors finish games instead of yourself. It also can't be easy to see Al, starting last year, become such a focal point of the offense and black hole who stalls everything while Millsap's essentially done everything he's always been asked. If I'm him, I totally question Corbin's basketball knowledge and ability to communicate that as a coach. It has to be totally deflating. That said, it's no excuse. He should realize he's in a contract year. He should realize he's a hell of a player and just as good if not better than Fat Al, and that if he busts his ass (like he used to) and plays with a chip again, he could perhaps regain his starting role, thus sending Jefferson to the bench, especially with a new GM like Lindsey who apparently understands the game so well, in Ty's ear. He should also realize how bad this looks to everyone else. No enthusiasm or effort. Mediocre play. That's simply not good. Basically, I think we're past the point of no return with him and almost have to trade him. Yes, we could trade Al but I think Millsap would still feel like Corbin doesn't know what the **** he's doing. Which he doesn't.

cemal. no question about it.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"

Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Dave Locke:
    The Jazz PR guy just walked by shaking his head at you.
    What did you do?

Kanter: I dropped a bomb.

~I'm sure it's hell to go to the public bathroom Kanter uses.

Neither.

Millsap is having a horrible year playing help defense and rotating on the perimeter.

Jefferson just plains sucks at everything that doesn't have a statistical measurement associated with it.

I'm going with Paul. I mean the Paul of 3 years ago though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Hard to say until we find out which teams they end up on.
    Eneshttp://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u77/gtrutzel/airgordon-1.jpgThe Menace

I voted for Jefferson, even though I feel like this is a "lesser of two evils vote." Jefferson draws the double team which has helped Randy Foye chuck shot after shot. So, in a sense, Jefferson helps Foye. Millsap is no longer Mansap. He plays like he is on cruise control. The only problem with that is that he just is not good enough to play the game as if he were just going through the motions. Millsap has become a hustle player who no longer hustles.

Both of them need to be bailed out on the defensive end. Although Jefferson has comedic value when he is guarding the pick and roll.

Overall feeling of Poll: Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by underKANTER View Post
    All in all, I'd be surprised if he (Trey Burke) ends up being a starter in this league.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Guys! Remember that franklin troll guy who was saying this stuff all summer long?

There is a LOT more ball movement when Jefferson is out.

6-1 without Jefferson. Never forget.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Sadly, this.

I wonder too how much of a negative influence Paul's uncle is which is stupid considering the kid is in a contract year. Obviously it can't be easy to see reduced PT and having Favors finish games instead of yourself. It also can't be easy to see Al, starting last year, become such a focal point of the offense and black hole who stalls everything while Millsap's essentially done everything he's always been asked. If I'm him, I totally question Corbin's basketball knowledge and ability to communicate that as a coach. It has to be totally deflating. That said, it's no excuse. He should realize he's in a contract year. He should realize he's a hell of a player and just as good if not better than Fat Al, and that if he busts his ass (like he used to) and plays with a chip again, he could perhaps regain his starting role, thus sending Jefferson to the bench, especially with a new GM like Lindsey who apparently understands the game so well, in Ty's ear. He should also realize how bad this looks to everyone else. No enthusiasm or effort. Mediocre play. That's simply not good. Basically, I think we're past the point of no return with him and almost have to trade him. Yes, we could trade Al but I think Millsap would still feel like Corbin doesn't know what the **** he's doing. Which he doesn't.

Sadly this ↑

I think there is a lot to do with Millsap just getting sick of playing next to Al and watching him play zero defense, hustle none, know nothing about a team game, then have to play second fiddle to him with two obvious bench players coming for his job. I would be frustrated too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post

As for Al Jefferson....

Maybe he's been spending a lot of time with DWill lately?

Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    Maybe he's been spending a lot of time with DWill lately?

Maybe there is a reason players get all sad and droopy around here with frustration.