Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Hayward hasn't been given a shot with 30 minutes per night the last couple years?
    If you give me a shot at performing surgery and I struggle, that doesn't mean I've failed at my chance to be a healer. My skills are elsewhere.

I might particularly struggle if I had to perform next to a guy that can't hand me the right tools.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Actually, this is not what I rail against the Jazz for doing. The fact that you can't distinguish between the two is not surprising though.
    Sorry, I actually don't really read your posts. You bitch constantly, so I just assumed that you'd bitched about that oft-mentioned topic.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    If you give me a shot at performing surgery and I struggle, that doesn't mean I've failed at my chance to be a healer. My skills are elsewhere.

I might particularly struggle if I had to perform next to a guy that can't hand me the right tools.
    You're an AK apologist too, aren't you?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    For me Hayward is a classic "Sell High" type. Good, but not going to be a star level player.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You're an AK apologist too, aren't you?
    AK had special talents, and was often mis-used. That said, I'm glad for everybody that he is gone.

Thanks for reading.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    For me Hayward is a classic "Sell High" type. Good, but not going to be a star level player.
    Very funny. I was thinking the exact thing today. I think his value may be higher than his worth and for me at this point, I'd trade him in the right deal.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Very funny. I was thinking the exact thing today. I think his value may be higher than his worth and for me at this point, I'd trade him in the right deal.
    Which is? Can you provide the rest of us a list of 5 players that you would reasonably trade Hayward for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Which is? Can you provide the rest of us a list of 5 players that you would reasonably trade Hayward for?
    No, not at all. It was just a thought that crossed my mind.

And to be fair, his value is probably a big question to mark to all 30 GM's and so we'd never get what we wanted right now. Which kind of goes against what I said earlier but, uh, yeah, I don't know.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I do think that Hayward has been used the wrong way. Three years of Jefferson is going to derail anyone's career.

I keep going back to KLove as an extreme example of this. Also, DWill struggled with Jeffy and he is an all-star/Olympian/all-NBA type talent. Don't you think that there might be some truth to him being the reason that Hayward hasn't reached a higher level?

I think this is true for Millsap and of course Favors as well.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

And to be fair, his value is probably a big question to mark to all 30 GM's and so we'd never get what we wanted right now. Which kind of goes against what I said earlier but, uh, yeah, I don't know.
    Thanks for being honest. I was just wondering.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Valuable stuff.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Gordon Hayward's problem is not Al, or Ty, it's Gordon Hayward. He'll wind up being slightly better than Jared Dudley and never get to AK's level no matter how he's used.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Gordon Hayward's problem is not Al, or Ty, it's Gordon Hayward. He'll wind up being slightly better than Jared Dudley and never get to AK's level no matter how he's used.
    There's a huge range between Dudley and AK.

And, whether he's being used correctly or whether he has a lot of room to grow are two very debatable questions. For your part, you've been under-selling (as well as with Kanter) whilst also (correctly) hammering the offense. I don't think you can do both with the info you have access to. Imo.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

And, whether he's being used correctly or whether he has a lot of room to grow are two very debatable questions. For your part, you've been under-selling (as well as with Kanter) whilst also (correctly) hammering the offense. I don't think you can do both with the info you have access to. Imo.
    I second all of this.

Hayward has been looking better this year. He is rebounding more, creating more, getting to the line more and still playing respectable defense. He just hasn't had a game where he does all of this at the same time.

If he Jazz get rid of the low block offense I see Hayward thriving and putting together better games. I do think his shooting percentages will suffer though.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Well said.