View Poll Results: Would Sloan come back to coach the Jazz if asked?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

9 23.68%
  • No!!

21 55.26%
  • Greg will be too proud to ask Sloan

4 10.53%
  • They'll promote Hornacek instead

4 10.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

What IF Poll: Would Sloan agree to come back and coach the Jazz?

What if we lose the next 8 of 10 games?

I dunno how realistic that is, but I'm pretty sure that would make the GregKocSey team (Greg & KOC & Lindsey) think hard about firing Tyre Carbon and with the lack of great coaching talent available ATM - WHAT IF they ask Sloan to come back?

Would he agree?

My answer would be YES. He seems to take an interest in the team lately. He'd sold all the tractors. He'd been interviewed for the Lakers, Bobcats, etc, etc. So I'm leaning towards a YES.

But anyone who has inside info please do share.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I doubt it but more importantly, I want nothing to do with him.

Premium Member
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I voted for too proud but you can't step into the same river twice. Van Gundy bros are still out there and I would pick any of them over Corbin in a heartbeat.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think Jerry would come back, mostly because of boredom and familiarity. But, we do not want Jerry back. We already have little dark Jerry running the team now, and it isn't pretty. I actually think someone like Brad Stevens (Hayward connection) would be a good fit. Someone who consistently gets more out of the available talent than they should, because they play to the collective strengths of the players, and they play smarter than the average team. Jerry consistently gets the most out of his players, but plays the wrong ones, and is an absolute nightmare for players that aren't extremely self motivated.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Little, dark Jerry? I likey.

That said, I don't like Stevens. I think NBA players would walk all over him. I think Shaka Smart makes more sense on a professional level. I'm not sure how great he is with his x's and o's but he really can't be worse than Ty.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sloan would never come back.
    He would never stab Corbin in the back like that.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by slc View Post
    Sloan would never come back.
    He would never stab Corbin in the back like that.
    How is it stabbing Corbin in the back? Hiring of Sloan would be completely unrelated to how crap Corbin has been this year.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    I doubt it but more importantly, I want nothing to do with him.
    This

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesDeep View Post
    I think Jerry would come back, mostly because of boredom and familiarity. But, we do not want Jerry back. We already have little dark Jerry running the team now, and it isn't pretty. I actually think someone like Brad Stevens (Hayward connection) would be a good fit. Someone who consistently gets more out of the available talent than they should, because they play to the collective strengths of the players, and they play smarter than the average team. Jerry consistently gets the most out of his players, but plays the wrong ones, and is an absolute nightmare for players that aren't extremely self motivated.
    First of I think everyone knows my answer to this, but I'll say it anyway... Hell ya I'd take him back without hesitation!!

Second it's a complete lack of respect to compare TyCo to the legend that is Sloan. Sloan would never allow this crap to go on. First... He knows how to get a team to run an actuall offense, not lets just throw it in to Sap and Al, and everyone else stand and watch. Sloan would pull the starters first.

Second I remember a long time ago Sloan inserting B-Russ as a starter because he could play defense. At the time he had no offense. Fast forward to today and it's the same situation with Favors. I truly believe he'd be starting if Sloan were the coach.

Third. If the players weren't giving any effort, he knew to go deep into the bench to send a Message to the regulars

To compare Jerry to Ty is asinine!!!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Can't you guys just move on? Its 2013, not 1993. No Sloan, no Stock, no Malone.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    As much as I loved Sloan, no. We've been there and know exactly what we get with him which is both good and bad. I would rather look forward and outside of the organization for better options.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesDeep View Post
    That's a great out if the box suggestion... Repped!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Why I love Sloan, I think it just doesn't work.... How long would he coach from this point on.. I would prefer a coach who will grow with the jazz like Jerry did... And I'm not sure TyCo is the answer!!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Why I love Sloan, I think it just doesn't work.... How long would he coach from this point on.. I would prefer a coach who will grow with the jazz like Jerry did... And I'm not sure TyCo is the answer!!!
    Maybe he signs a 2 year deal, and brings back Johnson, who would continue as Coach after Sloan's 2 years are over. Always felt he would make a great head coach for this team.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Maybe he signs a 2 year deal, and brings back Johnson, who would continue as Coach after Sloan's 2 years are over. Always felt he would make a great head coach for this team.
    Yes I like that idea. But I would actually look to see if Hornacek can learn under Sloan and then coach after Sloan's 2 year deal is over. I think he has the poise, the smarts, and just always seemed under control.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion