Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

KANTER- The most underrated Player on the Jazz ?

Maybe Iam the only one who is realising this, but this young Man has improved very fast. He came to the Jazz, as 3rd Pick with an unknown amount of talent, with a BIG lack of playing time, becausse he was called by the NCAA rules as ineligible and according to that, to much body Fat.

But see what happened after one season, the chubby Kanter has transformed to a running Kanter. Hes is rebounding less, but i think its an coaching order to him, to block out and run to the FASTBREAK.

Hes improving every month just look at his stats per game..

November:

Minutes: 14.2 FG .536 FT . 632 Rebounds 3.5 Points 5.4

December:

Minutes: 16.5 FG: .556 FT.793 Rebounds 4.7 Points 7.5

Im hoping that IAM not the only one who is seeing that BIG talent on this kid. Hes 611 a BULL with a good range and very skillfull. Hes getting better with every minute hes playing and also have all the tools to be a good defender, but i dont think on a elite-level. This boy can be a great one and IAM always right, like my prediction that BIG-AL will score 30 points against Jordan and Griffin. Man Iam an NBA Fan for 15 years and Icant remember manys players, like Kanter. A Bull with a a very soft touch...
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice Im going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever Im on the court with other big men its much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Maybe Iam the only one who is realising this, but this young Man has improved very fast. He came to the Jazz, as 3rd Pick with an unknown amount of talent, with a BIG lack of playing time, becausse he was called by the NCAA rules as ineligible and according to that, to much body Fat.

But see what happened after one season, the chubby Kanter has transformed to a running Kanter. Hes is rebounding less, but i think its an coaching order to him, to block out and run to the FASTBREAK.

Hes improving every month just look at his stats per game..

November:

Minutes: 14.2 FG .536 FT . 632 Rebounds 3.5 Points 5.4

December:

Minutes: 16.5 FG: .556 FT.793 Rebounds 4.7 Points 7.5

Im hoping that IAM not the only one who is seeing that BIG talent on this kid. Hes 611 a BULL with a good range and very skillfull. Hes getting better with every minute hes playing and also have all the tools to be a good defender, but i dont think on a elite-level. This boy can be a great one and IAM always right, like my prediction that BIG-AL will score 30 points against Jordan and Griffin. Man Iam an NBA Fan for 15 years and Icant remember manys players, like Kanter. A Bull with a a very soft touch...

Great post. I was originally anti-Kanter after last season, but this year he's made huge strides in his game. Once we ship ManSap, his "first big off the bench" role will shine.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    I'm buying.

Kanter is incredibly strong. I've called him Shaq-light since he came into the league. That alone is allowing him points that very few in the NBA can make. He's still raw as hell but I think he should be unleashed win or lose. Hurry up trade deadline.

Does he play for the Jazz, you say?

His improvement is very rapid.

Seeing the line from Vucevic today makes me hopeful for Kanter. I don't think it is too crazy to think that Kanter could have a few 20+ rebound games in his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    His improvement is very rapid.

Seeing the line from Vucevic today makes me hopeful for Kanter. I don't think it is too crazy to think that Kanter could have a few 20+ rebound games in his career.
    Kanter is a much bigger talent than Vucevic (he is very talented,too), IF Kanter could get just as much playing time as Vucevic is getting on the Magic, he would be a facial point on this league.
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice Im going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever Im on the court with other big men its much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Izmir, Turkey and somewhere in Eastern Europe
    In recent matches, somehow he learnt to pass against the double teams and already reached the same assists numbers of last year,his FG is impressive and you can see the improvement on his post moves. His offensive rebounding is better and defensive rebounding is worse than last year but they compensate eachother and his total rebounding is same as last year. His problem is his awareness on defense. I do not see any improvement of him about P n R defense, mostly he stays on guard and misses his man rolling to the basket. His lateral quickness is mediocre so he's gotta be so smart and know how to show up or where to stand. It worries me the defensive part when he becomes starter not the offensive part most fanz here concerned about.
    Che: I have got two things "freedom and death." If I can not have one, i wish to have the other; because noone is able to capture me alive

Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Kanter is a much bigger talent than Vucevic (he is very talented,too), IF Kanter could get just as much playing time as Vucevic is getting on the Magic, he would be a facial point on this league.
    Vucevic did play 47 minutes tonight. That has got to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I'm buying.

Kanter is incredibly strong. I've called him Shaq-light since he came into the league.
    Can anyone verify this? I call BS.

What i took from his offseason transformation is his willingness to work on different aspects to improve himself. Very encouraging.

Gotta think he'll figure out his post moves better with more time on the court... I hate all the traveling calls and offensive fouls me gets!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Gotta think he'll figure out his post moves better with more time on the court... I hate all the traveling calls and offensive fouls me gets!!
    WHOA! YOU are KANTER???
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    WHOA! YOU are KANTER???
    Lol
    repped.

CAKA is an under-rated up-and-coming alt on this board.

I guess "Kwame Kanter" = "Shaq-lite"