Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by IUhoosiers View Post
    Kanter has slow hands, and he shys away from shooting jumpers for some reason. He needs to develop alot more. Also his court vision, and understanding of the game is still very raw
    He shies away from jumpers because he understands it's not currently his role. He has a good shot, but until he's given minutes and the green light to shoot it, we shouldn't expect him to do it confidently. He's not Christian Watford.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I understand how people can want everything all at once, but there's usually a progression. I want my bigs to play big first and bring the other stuff later. But also consider that Koufos was billed as the next Memo from a young age and was never given the green light Kanter has been given on jumpers.

I suspect his jumper is going to be a big part of the game that he builds. And I can see a really high ceiling for him if he takes developing his left hand seriously and putting a greater emphasis on hook shots (if he went to his left more to finish on his up-and-under, and if he went to a reliable right hook more often, he could conceivably be just about unstoppable on the left block. I've noticed that sometimes when he tries to sell the up-and-under, the defender won't bite on a shot-block and he then goes to his awkward shuffle-and-bump where he's in danger of getting called for a travel or offensive foul and part of that is because when he makes the spin to face the basket he's suddenly exposed the right side of his body to defense and won't counter with a shift of hands. Changing that move to a progression of what the defense gives you where he looks for the hook first but ready to kill the move and go up-and-under to his left hand [to protect the ball] could be devastating).
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It safe to say out of the core four (Favors, Hayward, Burks, Kanter), we still don't have even a slight clue who will end up the best.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He still has some flaws, but I like how he's playing for the most part. Given 25 minutes a game, I think we could see some real development. Gotta hope for something at the deadline.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mhindy View Post
    He still has some flaws, but I like how he's playing for the most part. Given 25 minutes a game, I think we could see some real development. Gotta hope for something at the deadline.
    The best part is if the Jazz clear any wood in the big rotation, that's probably just going to mean more minutes for Evans and not Kanter (since we've already kind of seen this). Which would probably be Corbin's biggest failure as a coach.

I'm going to use this opportunity to reiterate that I don't give a **** about Jeremy Evans, and neither should any fan of real basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    The best part is if the Jazz clear any wood in the big rotation, that's probably just going to mean more minutes for Evans and not Kanter (since we've already kind of seen this). Which would probably be Corbin's biggest failure as a coach.

I'm going to use this opportunity to reiterate that I don't give a **** about Jeremy Evans, and neither should any fan of real basketball.
    Jeremy brought this team a trophy. Betta recognize son

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jope View Post
    He is making real strides for sure. I would love to see his ast rate come up -- and have seen flashes.

Also, something of note for those who care: his rebounding (though still averaging 10/36 mins) has dipped noticeably from last season (which is interesting seeing as it was his 1 sure NBA level skill last season, and many {including myself} thought he would be a kevin love status rebounder going forward). Particularly interesting is his defensive rebounding % (from 22.7% to 17.2% of all available defensive rebound opportunities, or in other words from the 2nd best defensive rebounder on the jazz to the worst def. rebounder on the team --- Al jefferson is at 28.0% this season, kevin love is at 34.0%). To put it in perspective -- 17.2% (131st in the league) is on par with JR Smith, Mike Dunleavy, Ryan Anderson, DaQuan Jones, and Landry Fields.

I guess my question is, is this change in rebounding a result of his weight change, rotation issues, effort? etc. I really see his biggest defensive impact with this team being on the defensive glass as i don't see him become a defensive stopper. If i can see the rebounding effort from last year, paired with his new offensive successes, the kid will be something special, (we need it -- We are 24th as a team in d reb%, and give up more o rebs than 24 other teams; limiting extra possessions is a huge part of defense).
    Kanter's drop in rebounding stems from his focus this year on setting picks for the wings, which too often means he's above the 3-pt line when the shot is taken. (Personally, I would like this play dropped from playbook until such time that the wings learn to use his pick.) On defensive rebounds, Kanter is nearly always boxing out his man, but the rebound frequently goes to another Jazz player or the other team; I don't know whether this is just a temporary statistical anomaly or a reflextion of him having to work harder to box out from his weight loss. The drop in defensive rebounds could also mean that someone else on the team isn't doing a very good job of boxing out his man, allowing him to come in and steal the rebound from Kanter.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    Kanter's drop in rebounding stems from his focus this year on setting picks for the wings, which too often means he's above the 3-pt line when the shot is taken. (Personally, I would like this play dropped from playbook until such time that the wings learn to use his pick.) On defensive rebounds, Kanter is nearly always boxing out his man, but the rebound frequently goes to another Jazz player or the other team; I don't know whether this is just a temporary statistical anomaly or a reflextion of him having to work harder to box out from his weight loss. The drop in defensive rebounds could also mean that someone else on the team isn't doing a very good job of boxing out his man, allowing him to come in and steal the rebound from Kanter.
    Not only is he setting picks that hurt his rebounding but he actually boxes his man out. Maybe Kanter could teach Jefferson a thing or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?