3 9.09%
  • E

11 33.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pick a trade

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I voted for B but I also like A and E.

B- This trade would be a no brainer if the pick was Charlotte's instead of Detroit's pick because Charlotte is going to get a top 5 pick. It is still the best trade because of the lack of protection in 2015.

A trade- I would like this trade even more depending on what year the Boston picks were. The Jazz do not need anymore picks this year but next year or the year after it would be nice to have two lottery picks. I don't think Boston would do this trade unless we some how included AJ.

E- I like this trade because it gets rid of AJ, freeing up time for Kanter and Favors. The unprotected pick could be a very nice pick. However, I don't like this trade because I wouldn't want to take on both bust Johnson and Beasley.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    E....
    B....

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How many firsts do we want this year? There is never a guarantee we can trade two for one or trade one for a future pick.

That said, phoenix's pick would be nice. It'd give us a good shot at MCW. It'd be nice if we could get Marshall in the deal, too. Maybe by giving them a second rounder?
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    A few things:

Nobody's going to offer picks of any serious worth for players they want to keep AND are on expiring deals. I'm pretty sure for players on veteran deals, they can be extended at any point, so that could put Al in some of these discussions since he's a teddy bear and already was cool with getting extended in a trade to ****ING MINNESOTA (even though he could only extend two additional seasons). But that means Millsap is out of these, and really, basically any meaningful trade unless the Jazz are bringing back a player with years on a deal that their team doesn't want to deal with because a team going nowhere will not part with real assets to rent Millsap.

That said, anything involving kicking Al out of Utah and scrubbing him from team history earlier than later is something I'm always interested in. E doesn't seem realistic, but C does (even though the Jazz would HAVE to jettison some other players in some way or other to make it work, which is all the better to me), so that's what I voted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The only picks worth getting in the open market right now are the Toronto one or Detroit one. That being said Toronto's will likely be used this year in a weak draft somewhere around 6-9, and the Detroit one has top 8 protection in next years good draft, but will only be #1 protected in 2015 (but we don't know if that will be a good draft). All that being said I think getting Gasol will give us the greatest total value because I think he returns to form this year and we can trade him at the draft to a team in the Lottery where we want to get a player and then we will get the player we want instead of hoping that Detroit stinks in two years which I don't think they will. I think they are worst case scenario a borderline playoff team. Teams that I think would be interested are: Toronto, Washington, Minnesota, Houston etc. Assets available could be picks with Washington or Toronto if they land in the top 3, or players like: Derrick Williams, Andrei Kirilenko or Parsons, Patterson, Jones.

The other thing I like about getting Gasol beyond the fact that we can trade him at the draft for an actual piece we want, we will likely have some cap space next year to do this type of thing again.
    Last edited by blackham9258; 01-01-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would do B or E, primarily for the draft picks. I would do C as a last resort, because I like Terrence Jones' potential, and we're probably going to lose Al anyway.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In order of preference:

E-Phoenix's pick will be very good, Beasley has the least bad contract of the deals
    A-Picks in future drafts will be nice, I actually think Jeff Green would work here
    B-Detroit's eventual pick should be good
    D-As someone mentioned, Gasol could fetch something nice later on
    C-Spare parts. Pass

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    B is horrible. Jazz have so much more in FA without Thomas' awful contract.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    A few things:

Nobody's going to offer picks of any serious worth for players they want to keep AND are on expiring deals. I'm pretty sure for players on veteran deals, they can be extended at any point, so that could put Al in some of these discussions since he's a teddy bear and already was cool with getting extended in a trade to ****ING MINNESOTA (even though he could only extend two additional seasons). But that means Millsap is out of these, and really, basically any meaningful trade unless the Jazz are bringing back a player with years on a deal that their team doesn't want to deal with because a team going nowhere will not part with real assets to rent Millsap.

That said, anything involving kicking Al out of Utah and scrubbing him from team history earlier than later is something I'm always interested in. E doesn't seem realistic, but C does (even though the Jazz would HAVE to jettison some other players in some way or other to make it work, which is all the better to me), so that's what I voted for.
    Good post.

I don"t feel like most of those are all too realistic anyways.. I think they are probably the only type of deals the Jazz would even do. I don't see Koc and Lindsey taking any deals that aren"t ones where they came out at least good to great on their end.

When I did that, C was the one I felt like was most realistic that both could agree to. I would be in favor of it too. I like Terrence Jones. I'm intrigued by his potential.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is a trade that could actually happen: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=auelwz6
    Jazz get NOH 2nd from Phili, which is as good as a late first.

Then ask Bynum where he wants to sign next season and help him get there by facilitating bird rights to a team over the cap.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This is a trade that could actually happen: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=auelwz6
    Jazz get NOH 2nd from Phili, which is as good as a late first.

Then ask Bynum where he wants to sign next season and help him get there by facilitating bird rights to a team over the cap.
    Nice idea. This is obviously only do-able after you've determined that his Bird rights mean anything... given his health issues. Is he getting that kind of contract?
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sorry... This is just catching up to me...

We could also facilitate a trade to a team he wants to go to which is over the cap.
    What teams might this be, and what players might we get?
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    B. Lopez + filler?
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Nice idea. This is obviously only do-able after you've determined that his Bird rights mean anything... given his health issues. Is he getting that kind of contract?
    Bynum is nothing more than salary filler in this trade.

It means moving on from Jefferson, dumping Foye, ridding Bell's salary, getting a meager pick for it, and potentially getting something for Bynum. Noone else wants Jefferson but Phili actually needs him and has motivation to make the trade. Plus, Foye > Nick Young for them as a situation benchie.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Good post.

I don"t feel like most of those are all too realistic anyways.. I think they are probably the only type of deals the Jazz would even do. I don't see Koc and Lindsey taking any deals that aren"t ones where they came out at least good to great on their end.

When I did that, C was the one I felt like was most realistic that both could agree to. I would be in favor of it too. I like Terrence Jones. I'm intrigued by his potential.

I like C but we would have too many players in this deal. I don't see a need for Delfino but Douglas would be an upgrade at backup point guard and I like Terrence Jones as a stretch/face-up 4. If we could pawn off Bell and pick up a draft pick or two I would like it better.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead