Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Jazz won't make playoffs ...

according to CNNSI

6. The Mavericks and Jazz will miss the playoffs.
    Utah, on the other hand, is playing decently but remains ill-equipped to win out in this war of attrition. The Jazz rank only 24th in points allowed per possession, and the deficit created by their slow rotations leaves just enough of an opening for the rest of the playoff contenders to pass them by. A midseason trade could help rearrange some of Utah's resources, but even a fair deal isn't all that likely to save the Jazz from being nudged out of the postseason by a narrow margin.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...#ixzz2GhrV817j

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My gut feeling is they do. But just barely. We still have played more road games to this point. It should get a little better as the season goes on. It will probably be just like last year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ^ My bet as well.

****!
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Will only be upset if we miss out on Trey Burke or Otto Porter.
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So you'll only be happy if we get both?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'd still bet the Jazz scrape by and get a 7th or 8th seed, but honestly, it wouldn't be the surprise of the year if they crashed and burnt this season.

Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What's the worst we could do .. within reason?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I am beginning to agree. Unfortunately, the Jazz are rather loaded with talented players who are flawed, many of who are dumps from other teams. (Al, Favors, Mo, Foye, Marvin, Carroll) All of these players were either given to the Jazz for nothing but a trade exception, signed for tiny contracts, or were traded for equally dumpy players. (ok, Favors was part of a trade for a superstar, but his team and his fans wanted to get rid of him ever since they drafted him.)

Point is that the Jazz are flawed, their players are inconsistent and their 'leader' is of the loosest cannons on the team. While some of these players may be keepers, none of them are the foundation that the team needs to breed consistency. Add to that the fact that even the players that aren't castoffs are inconsistent and you have a completely flawed team which needs to be trimmed and reshaped. I welcome the offseason. That's not to say that I want to tank, I believe that a team always needs to try to win to keep a winning culture intact. The Jazz have shown that they can get other teams picks when they want to, so our pick doesn't matter much.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The woman at Betos says the jazz are estupido,

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Is this really surprising?

You can't keep playing the bad players as starters while keeping the good players on the bench.

Think LA would have won all those championships had they benched Shaq, Kobe, Pau Gasol, and Bynum in favor of Luke Walton, Steve Blake, Trevor Ariza, and Mad Dog Madsen? So why should we expect different results when we bench guys like Hayward, Burks, Favors, and Kanter in favor of Raja Bell, Foye, Marvin Williams, Millsap, and Big Al?

Plus, we're the worst coached team in the league. We make the Kings offense look like a well oiled machine. We make the old Nash led Suns defense look like the Spurs when they had the Twin Towers.

Bad rotations, terrible offense, even worse defense, worst coach in the league=chances of making playoffs not too high.

It's that simple.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have to say, I've really been enjoying Thriller's passion lately. Always a good read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    My gut feeling is they do. But just barely. We still have played more road games to this point. It should get a little better as the season goes on. It will probably be just like last year.
    Doubt it. Right now we're the 11th seed. We'd have to pass three teams in order to make it. Who are we going to pass? The Lakers? Doubt it with Nash back and them warming up. Denver? Not happening. Very well-coached and very favorable schedule from here on out. Basically we'd have to pass three of the following four imo: Portland, Minny, Houston and Golden State. I doubt that happens. I highly doubt we pass GS as we're 6.5 games behind and they seem to know what they're doing there which means we'd have to pass the first three and that's too tall a task imo.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If the season were to end now, what pick would we get?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    If the season were to end now, what pick would we get?
    The 13th and 24th.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The East really sucks.