Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    It's a joke. Relax.

And no, the two statements aren't at all the same. One guy flatly stated that he's a starter, the other stated that he's frustrated he's not playing during crunch time. Paul should be frustrated; he's playing poorly, and watching from the bench as his team loses close games.
    i'm with you in this thread in overall terms, but i'm not sure i can endorse "he's playing poorly." in the last 5 games, he has 54 points on 47 shots (1.15 pps) and has played far better defense than al and even better than derrick has been in certain long stretches where he got exposed, particularly in the home-and-home with the clippers. he also grabbed a rebound every 4 minutes in december and had an assist for every 3.8 shot attempts with an assist-to-TO ratio of 2.9.

(for comparison's sake, al's PPS over those 5 games was actually about the same because of his 30-points-on-22-shots explosion in LA. his rebounding was a hair better, but he only had an assist for every 7.4 attempts with a 2.1 A/TO ratio. so if you're corbin how do you explain to paul why al is better except in terms of sheer volume of shots? how do you explain to paul how al is more important to the team when you've played every bit as good as him on one end of the floor, and a hell of a lot better at the other end?)
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It's a joke. Relax.

And no, the two statements aren't at all the same. One guy flatly stated that he's a starter, the other stated that he's frustrated he's not playing during crunch time. Paul should be frustrated; he's playing poorly, and watching from the bench as his team loses close games. Boozer's statement was made while he was injured, his replacement was playing well, and the team was doing ok without him.

Frustration (Millsap) does not imply a sense of entitlement (Boozer). Wake the **** up.
    You're creating your own context here to defend the argument you made. Millsap could very well be saying that he's frustrated because he isn't getting the crunch time minutes that he deserves. I'm not saying he is, but it is one way of interpreting the quote. But you're right about blowing something out of proportion for the sake of drama. It sounds trivial either way.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The trib has a good article on why Corbin is letting Favors start to see more time at clutch time.

Corbin said one of the reasons he has been more comfortable with Favors late in games is the big man’s improved free-throw shooting.
    Makes sense.
    Link

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    You're creating your own context here to defend the argument you made. Millsap could very well be saying that he's frustrated because he isn't getting the crunch time minutes that he deserves.
    Sure, he could be. I never said or implied otherwise.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Pansy.

Moron.
    I'm usually all for players speaking their minds and being real human beings. I'm a big fan of the DMC antics. On the other hand, that isn't Millsap's thing and he's in a contract year where he's most likely not in Utah gear for more than 50 games. I like Millsap & would hate to see him sour fans like Raja did, or even Watson.
    No Mediocrity

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I dont have a problem with him being upset about not being in in the 4th, he has been pretty clutch, but he also is kind of the odd man out, Al is more reliable scoring on the block and Favors is a better defender. It is what it is, get used to it Paul. I do have a problem with him being a bitch about coming off the bench though. Thats where he needs to be.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Al is more reliable scoring on the block
    FWIW, Al has been the least efficient Jazz big in postups this season.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How about saying something about the moronic job the management of this team has done. Of course this situation was going create bad feeling for somebody. It was obvious from the start this 4 big log jam was a bad idea. I blame Millsap none for his frustration. I put it all on the shoulders of the moron Kevin O stupid **** Conner.

Just wait til we find out Favors and Kanter are sick of it too. But this board will still think KOC is genius.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thanks to GVC for taking the conch on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    hack, i'm just curious... you say you have insider information on trades that the jazz have been offered, but you also say you hate KOC and think he's a moron. i'm just wondering how it works that you're so plugged in to what is coming across KOC's desk, and yet you think he's a moron. earnest question here.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ah, reality. what a pain.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by theNBAnerd View Post
    hack, i'm just curious... you say you have insider information on trades that the jazz have been offered, but you also say you hate KOC and think he's a moron. i'm just wondering how it works that you're so plugged in to what is coming across KOC's desk, and yet you think he's a moron. earnest question here.
    nevermind, just saw your post in the other thread that you were kidding.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al's reliability does not exactly correlate to efficiency. Put another way, it's a lot to presume that Sap, Favors, and Kanter would maintain their current levels of efficiency if they got the same touches Al did. So Al being a more reliable post scorer is accurate if you buy that premise.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    How about saying something about the moronic job the management of this team has done. Of course this situation was going create bad feeling for somebody. It was obvious from the start this 4 big log jam was a bad idea. I blame Millsap none for his frustration. I put it all on the shoulders of the moron Kevin O stupid **** Conner.

Just wait til we find out Favors and Kanter are sick of it too. But this board will still think KOC is genius.
    KOC has done some nice things IMO, but this logjam makes no sense. Hand the reigns to the young bigs & watch them respond. Someone has to go.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!