Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 121
  1. #76
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    14,458
    Total Rep Points
    17871
    Rep Adjustment Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Harcher View Post
    I think it is becuase the wolves were simply not good tonight. Jazz get some credit, but mostly it was not a good showing by the wolves.


    Derrick williams looked as though he doesn't care. The only wolf with effort seemed to be demarre amundson.
    So is Dwill 2.0 better than Kanter still?
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

  2. #77
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    53,426
    Total Rep Points
    80802
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    So is Dwill 2.0 better than Kanter still?
    Haha ... attack!!!!!!!!! Answer, no.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  3. #78
    Lazy Nate505's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    6,404
    Total Rep Points
    12153
    Rep Adjustment Power
    61
    Very good win tonight. Maybe the most complete win by the team all season. Nice to see everyone on the roster getting at least a point.

  4. #79
    Lazy Nate505's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    6,404
    Total Rep Points
    12153
    Rep Adjustment Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    I didn't watch the game.

    I was curious if anyone had any insights on why Burks minutes got cut so that the determined scrub could get more.
    I thought it was odd too, though honestly Burks deserves more of Foye's minutes now.

    Yet Foye will continue to start.

  5. #80
    Eating Souls Stifle Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Swat Lake City
    Posts
    18,698
    Total Rep Points
    36032
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I hope Kevin O'Lindsey sees that article. It's clear Demarre won't be around next season. He's a good energy guy. I think a few contenders could use him off the bench. Trade him for a late first.
    "He can say what he wants...we know we have a great organization. He got his stats...and as always, he got the L, too." - Trevor Booker

  6. #81
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,055
    Total Rep Points
    18471
    Rep Adjustment Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    I thought it was odd too, though honestly Burks deserves more of Foye's minutes now.

    Yet Foye will continue to start.
    That's a fight that anyone paying attention knows can't and won't be won unless the FO does something. Foye is going to play, and it won't really matter how bad he plays.
    "I will say, almost everything. And I didnít bring it every night. But I think most everything was a frustration."

  7. #82
    Premium Member zbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Realtor hell
    Posts
    1,189
    Total Rep Points
    1188
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    That's a fight that anyone paying attention knows can't and won't be won unless the FO does something. Foye is going to play, and it won't really matter how bad he plays.
    Trading players only to make coach adjust because he is not able to handle players ego is counter-productive in the long run. It only hurts organization and feeds bad culture. If coach is unable to keep the team under his total control get rid of him and get a new guy.

  8. #83
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,055
    Total Rep Points
    18471
    Rep Adjustment Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by zbone View Post
    Trading players only to make coach adjust because he is not able to handle players ego is counter-productive in the long run. It only hurts organization and feeds bad culture. If coach is unable to keep the team under his total control get rid of him and get a new guy.
    I don't necessarily disagree. The FO is also in charge of who's coaching and not, though.
    "I will say, almost everything. And I didnít bring it every night. But I think most everything was a frustration."

  9.  

     

  10. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pearl of the Orient Seas
    Posts
    253
    Total Rep Points
    80
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    I thought it was odd too, though honestly Burks deserves more of Foye's minutes now.

    Yet Foye will continue to start.
    I don't care if Foye starts as long as more minutes shall be given to Burks.

  11. #85
    Senior Member addictionary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,855
    Total Rep Points
    26358
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    not the thread name I would appreciate. I don't like this losing attitude. I don't like tanking. we have the best contributing bench in the league. let's enjoy it.

    but it's a game thread anyway so thanks.

    nice hustle game by kanter. dude is just on fire when he's fired up.


  12. #86
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    9,055
    Total Rep Points
    16012
    Rep Adjustment Power
    74
    Carroll's comments bugged me. He's lucky to be in the league right now.
    And he's acting like he's a rotation player in this league. It's ok to think that,
    but to voice your opinion in the media just makes you look bad.

    He's part of the me first thing that is going on in the team right now.
    Corbin reacts to it just as he wants to, by being inserted back into the rotation.
    Whine to the media get what you want.
    We can disagree about religion. We can disagree about politics. but if you like the first three prequels of Star Wars just go ahead an unfriend me right now.

  13. #87
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    9,055
    Total Rep Points
    16012
    Rep Adjustment Power
    74
    Burks out of the rotation now? Corbin why are you jerking around our core?
    We can disagree about religion. We can disagree about politics. but if you like the first three prequels of Star Wars just go ahead an unfriend me right now.

  14. #88
    Senior Member addictionary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,855
    Total Rep Points
    26358
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Carroll's comments bugged me. He's lucky to be in the league right now.
    And he's acting like he's a rotation player in this league. It's ok to think that,
    but to voice your opinion in the media just makes you look bad.

    He's part of the me first thing that is going on in the team right now.
    Corbin reacts to it just as he wants to, by being inserted back into the rotation.
    Whine to the media get what you want.
    carroll seemed pretty impatient about making his statement that he deserves to be a rotation player at the start of the season and in the media day. he is a good hustle player, so I think he contributes well when needed, but he is not a part of a contender team's rotation, well at least not a sixth man.


  15. #89
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    9,055
    Total Rep Points
    16012
    Rep Adjustment Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by addictionary View Post
    carroll seemed pretty impatient about making his statement that he deserves to be a rotation player at the start of the season and in the media day. he is a good hustle player, so I think he contributes well when needed, but he is not a part of a contender team's rotation, well at least not a sixth man.
    again you are spot on. Carroll is a nice hustle guy, and has done some good things for us. He doesn't have any consistent go to offensive moves, and isn't a defensive stud or anything.
    He makes his plays on hustle on energy. Gets some steals, and can finish well on the break. He by no means has earned the right to demand to be in the rotation.
    We can disagree about religion. We can disagree about politics. but if you like the first three prequels of Star Wars just go ahead an unfriend me right now.

  16. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    590
    Total Rep Points
    327
    Rep Adjustment Power
    12
    I love Carroll, he is a good defender and always plays his heart out and I think his hustle is contagious for the other players on the court. Not to mention Carroll is tough, if I recall right, last year he got slammed down on the court hard, had to get one or two teeth removed and still played the next day. He is a good energy guy off of the bench, but if I had to choose between seeing more minutes for Carroll or Burks, I choose Burks every time. Burks has more potential and is better offensively. Carroll is pretty bad when it comes to scoring decent at everything else

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •