Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlnstall View Post
    I love Carroll, he is a good defender and always plays his heart out and I think his hustle is contagious for the other players on the court. Not to mention Carroll is tough, if I recall right, last year he got slammed down on the court hard, had to get one or two teeth removed and still played the next day. He is a good energy guy off of the bench, but if I had to choose between seeing more minutes for Carroll or Burks, I choose Burks every time. Burks has more potential and is better offensively. Carroll is pretty bad when it comes to scoring decent at everything else
    I would give Marvin's minutes to Carroll: Marv is just too invisible way too often. Start Carroll with the other guys we have, espec when Mo comes back, and let him be the D man, energy man. He is consistent at that. I would also tell him that if he shoots more than one jump shot per quarter he is coming out. He cannot shoot but he can hustle.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Favors with 16 minutes tonight. He only has 8 points, 6 rebounds and 3 blocks in that time. Bench him, that is pathetic!
    And Hayward with 23 with 17 points. Tyrone is just way too vet-centric. Foye needs to go to the bench and be used more like we used Korver.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Who does Minnesota take at #2 if they get to redo the pick?
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Carroll's comments bugged me. He's lucky to be in the league right now.
    And he's acting like he's a rotation player in this league. It's ok to think that,
    but to voice your opinion in the media just makes you look bad.

He's part of the me first thing that is going on in the team right now.
    Corbin reacts to it just as he wants to, by being inserted back into the rotation.
    Whine to the media get what you want.
    This is exactly what's wrong with the players voicing their wants/opinions to the media. Perhaps it is a lot to expect from a 26-yr old to be a pr expert when they are millionaire sports players, but the right pr move is to defer to the team/coach and let your on-court performance do the talking.
    Chop it!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If I recall Carroll said the exact same thing when he was first signed by Jazz and playing spot minutes last year. He said it was something Tony Allen taught him. Its just his mantra.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Serious?
    He said something about wanting to be able to be on the court so he could audition for the rest of the teams in the league for a contract next year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Who does Minnesota take at #2 if they get to redo the pick?
    They drafted by need and with PG, PF and C spots secured on that team they had no other real choice. There was no good shooting guards available for them.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Carroll's comments bugged me. He's lucky to be in the league right now.
    And he's acting like he's a rotation player in this league. It's ok to think that,
    but to voice your opinion in the media just makes you look bad.

I agree; but what do you expect when Corbin names Derrick Favors the starting 4 to start last season and then caves after all of 2 games because Millsap didn't want to come off the bench?

If you're a vet and you're a squeaky wheel, you get more minutes by complaining - it's just how it is on this team.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Lol...

Also remember Harpring saying something like he got the rebound before he missed the shot. I remember thinking what the hell!
    For the player who missed 20 games per season in his last 10 seasons Harp sure liked to point to AK's injuries as biggest reason he underachieved with Jazz. Matt, - it is kind of funny, when you are not picture of perfect health himself.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This game kicked ass. Didn't matter who was on the floor, they executed and were exciting to watch. Too bad Kanter racked up fouls so fast. Fun game, would watch again.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Carolinajazz we just **** all over your new team....
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    one of my favorite self-confirming jazz fan myths of the year is that DMC is a good defender. he's actually not. there is a difference between being the energy-and-hustle guy and actually being a lockdown defender. he's definitely the former, not taking that away from him. but every time the jazz have asked DMC to be the latter, he's been lit up. his lateral movement isn't good so guys get away from him way too easily, and he has slow recognition when it comes to taking away angles.

simiilarly, hayward is not a great defender either. hayward has great defensive ABILITIES, which is why everybody thinks he should be the guy guarding durant, kobe, cp3, lebron, etc.... but the fact is, he does very little to make guys uncomfortable.

burks is quick enough, but fouls too much. foye is a joke on the defensive end.

our best wing defender is marvin, and it's not even close.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    For the player who missed 20 games per season in his last 10 seasons Harp sure liked to point to AK's injuries as biggest reason he underachieved with Jazz. Matt, - it is kind of funny, when you are not picture of perfect health himself.
    It felt more like Harpring was excusing the injuries, not baggin on them.
    Also, with regards to harp's comments, he noted for a second time in two games (can't remember the first) when talking about Burks that "ya know, there are 29 other teams watching, so make your playing time count..." or similar. Has harp said that in reference to other players or just burks? He must be chatting with burks on the side and this comment has popped out on air...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    It's not surprising that you identified what Harpring was saying as some sort of dig on AK instead of making excuses for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    I agree; but what do you expect when Corbin names Derrick Favors the starting 4 to start last season and then caves after all of 2 games because Millsap didn't want to come off the bench?
    Hold on a second. Corbin yanked Favors for Millsap two games in because Favors was awful and Millsap was far and away the best player on the team. He actually made the right call on that one.

Coincidentally, when the Jazz started Favors in Jefferson's place and he played next to Millsap, he went off and the Jazz beat a pretty good team after getting embarrassed in their first two.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF