Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post

What exactly are you asking?

Well GVC was providing information on the rules for extending contracts with Bird rights. I was asking if you can avoid these regulations by allowing the player to enter FA.

Asik was a RSA iirc. So the Rockets inserted the poison pill in the first year knowing the Knicks are SOL. But I don't know if there are rules on what you can do once a player is a true FA. If there are any. I am currently under the impression that UFA signings aren't subject to much of anything structure wise.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Well GVC was providing information on the rules for extending contracts with Bird rights. I was asking if you can avoid these regulations by allowing the player to enter FA.

Asik was a RSA iirc. So the Rockets inserted the poison pill in the first year knowing the Knicks are SOL. But I don't know if there are rules on what you can do once a player is a true FA. If there are any. I am currently under the impression that UFA signings aren't subject to much of anything structure wise.
    A) No.

B) JJAS entered with top notch info on the poison pill rules. IIRC, they include tight day limitations on matching and on the amount counted against cap differing between the offering and bird rights team.

FWIW to the Jazz, they can offer a CBA max with 4.5% annual pay cuts, not compound, to UFAs.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Dang. One more dream dashed.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes