Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Denouncing God

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Hayward's Holy Grail is 3-pnt shooting consistency. If he ever finds it, then he very well could be an all-star.

This is very speculative (if I had league pass I'd go back and review), but I think the problem with Hayward's shot can be summed up thusly:

1. the purposefulness of how he sets his feet. If he gets too "tender" here, the shot is off.
    2. the over-thinking that goes into the position of his elbow... instead of just trusting and pulling the damn string.

When these two things are fluid and fast, then he is absolutely solid. When the slightest hesitation creeps into either, then he can be a mess.
    I think it is his balance and head position. I've watched him enough that I can tell 90% of the time if his shot is going in. He has a good stroke, but he often lifts his head and jumps to far forward or to the side.

He's actually looked a lot better over the past few games. Hopefully the coaching staff has been working with him.

Rep Level
    Thanks, nerd, for explaining team PPP. Makes sense. I wish there was a stat for pts/(possession-ending fga +.44fta + to). Field goal attempts that become an offensive rebound or get blocked out of bounds shouldn't count.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    he rebounds very adequately when he isn't TOLD to release for the break. The ability is there; nobody who watches him would question that.
    Well blow me up, or neg rep or whatever the kids are doing these days, because I watch him and I don't see what you are seeing. Oh, I agree the ability is there, but the heart is too often missing.

'Tis also true that the emphasis on running has the wings releasing and going, but not always and when he stays I've noticed too many instances where he stands and watches, or makes a feeble reach for the ball while the other team is jumping and grabbing for it.

He shouldn't be out rebounded by a pg or another jazz wing player playing half as many minutes, but it happens to often. I just want him to step up and be more assertive/aggressive.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Well blow me up, or neg rep or whatever the kids are doing these days, because I watch him and I don't see what you are seeing. Oh, I agree the ability is there, but the heart is too often missing.

'Tis also true that the emphasis on running has the wings releasing and going, but not always and when he stays I've noticed too many instances where he stands and watches, or makes a feeble reach for the ball while the other team is jumping and grabbing for it.

He shouldn't be out rebounded by a pg or another jazz wing player playing half as many minutes, but it happens to often. I just want him to step up and be more assertive/aggressive.
    i agree 100% with this, but i also don't think this is a unique problem for hayward or even for utah. every team in the L has wings that sometimes help on the glass and sometimes forget that's part of their job. now that gordo's playing almost exclusively at SG, that also tends to keep him farther from the basket. not making excuses, i'm just saying, most teams look at wing rebounding as a bit of a bonus.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    He's good, he's young, and the Jazz need perimeter players desperately. I think the issue is that nobody is sure trading Hayward gets you a player better than Hayward. Pretty simple.
    This is easily the best post in the thread.

Rep Level
    Agree with Numberica. The problem is that almost every trade proposed is trying to trade big for small. Since Hayward is a small player who is at least decent with some upside, he's not going to be mentioned as much.

I certainly don't think he's untouchable or has much of a chance to be an all-star, I just don't think what we'd get back for him would really be worth it.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post

Agreed with Mellow. Yes, he is probably told to break, but he also has to be able to read the game and know when the team needs rebounding help. Burks, Carroll, and Marvin know when to do this, Hayward doesn't (for the most part).

Rep Level
    If someone makes us a good offer we'd all listen. I don't think he's untouchable. If he is overrated, then that is a good thing for us.
    He is well talked about by other teams commentators. We might get an overpay.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    If someone makes us a good offer we'd all listen. I don't think he's untouchable. If he is overrated, then that is a good thing for us.
    He is well talked about by other teams commentators. We might get an overpay.
    i think the point is that he is overrated here. in utah. doesnt help with trades bro.

Rep Level
    i am one of those brain washed jazz fans that over value him. i think the kid still has alot of untaped potential. he plays for like 23 mins a game and quitely gives you 15 points 3 rebounds 2 to 3 assits and a block and a steal. who doesnt want a player like that coming off your bench. and i had an epiphany a few days ago. look who hayward is on the floor with. watson, carroll, favors, kantor. now we all know favors and kantor can score, but they are not quite what i would call consistant yet. watson couldnt hit the ocean with a rock, carroll isnt know for his shooting. heck hayward is like the only guy that probably even shows up on the opposing teams scouting report on a regular basis.
    Ithink we cant keep defending him saying "he is only a boy of 22" but he is still pretty young. and if he progesivly gets better like he has every year he will be one of those players that you need on a championship team. will he be an allstar? who knows. my personal opinion i think he will be one once or twice. however, he is a peice every team needs.

end of rant/
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Banned
    Rep Level
    Ahh! Sacrelige! How dare you take the Lords name in vain

Rep Level
    Darest not!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Rep Level
    If you believe in monotheistic religion you cant just trade away "the only god" for mortals.
    If you believe in polytheistic religion things could change but you need to get god(so-called)+fillers in return.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Banned
    Rep Level
    ^what if u don't believe in either of those bro

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    ^what if u don't believe in either of those bro
    Nice question. In that case, just trade him for Alexy Shved+Barea.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..