Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Enes Kanter vs Jonas Valančiūnas

I know on this board, it was a big question who of them the Jazz should have picked in the 2011 draft. Just right now, who is the better player ? And was Enes the right choice over Jonas ? Or do you like Jonas more ?

Besides that, look what i found on the I-net, oh my, what a wife-making-game by Enes Kanter on Jonas Valančiūnas, 3 years ago.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...26-63-A-1.html

DISCUSS...
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice Im going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever Im on the court with other big men its much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Enes. No doubt.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    As of right now Jonas looks a little disappointing. His main NBA skill which I thought should translate straight over was rebounding and that's not happening.

I personally will reserve judgement on these guys until next year. I was huge on JV and IMO he was a prototypical Center. Kanter was an unknown (to me) and so without a lot to go on I don't like to guess. These guys are completely different players but I have to admit from the limited amount I've seen of JV Kanter is definitely better right now.

Sorry, but are you real? That AJ avatar is hilarious. It just screams ghost.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think Jonas is better defensively and Enes is better offensively.

Enes fits better next to Favors, so I'd still take him. Too soon to tell though

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't really care. I wanted Enes over Jonas all day.. but they're both good players (or going to be).

I'm still anxiously awaiting everyone getting excited even more when Kanter knows it's his time to get stuff done. We'll see better range and overall better play. I can tell he's still playing with hyper-tentativeness.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jonas is on my fantasy team.... He is getting good minutes but is very up and down..

Kanter appears to be more consistent!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What I'm seeing from Enes that is not evident from Jonas is a competitive fire. EK wants to destroy his opponents and while he looks clumsy attempting it sometimes it's very evident and that quality is extremely valuable at the highest level. To me it's transcendent to the individual skills or talents of the players. It's what made Deron so good.

The other side of this is that JV is a quintessential team player. This guy will never need plays run for him and will do garbage work all day long without complaint. He also has some physical advantages in his length and mobility.

This could be a comparison that goes well over the 3 years I wanted from Sepanol. Both of these guys could very easily become elite.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    What I'm seeing from Enes that is not evident from Jonas is a competitive fire. EK wants to destroy his opponents and while he looks clumsy attempting it sometimes it's very evident and that quality is extremely valuable at the highest level. To me it's transcendent to the individual skills or talents of the players. It's what made Deron so good.

The other side of this is that JV is a quintessential team player. This guy will never need plays run for him and will do garbage work all day long without complaint. He also has some physical advantages in his length and mobility.

This could be a comparison that goes well over the 3 years I wanted from Sepanol. Both of these guys could very easily become elite.
    This.

Enes seems to have that competitive fire that you can't teach. Also Kanter seems to have more 'toughness' and 'nastiness' that JV seems to lack as a Center.

I really think that Kanter can be that 20/10 guy for the Jazz if he develops in the way that I think he can.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion
    2014AllTimeDraftFinalist

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    This.

Enes seems to have that competitive fire that you can't teach. Also Kanter seems to have more 'toughness' and 'nastiness' that JV seems to lack as a Center.

I really think that Kanter can be that 20/10 guy for the Jazz if he develops in the way that I think he can.
    Agreed.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I initially thought Kanter was a low end double/double guy; but his mid-range game is more refined and has come along faster than I imagined. The kid just does not miss many 12-15 footers.

But the bigger part is his free throw shooting - no doubt he could be a consistent high 70's/low 80's FT shooter. That's rare for a low post player and could be the difference between solid and all-star (see Chris Bosh)

As an eventual starter, these two factors could propel him from about 12/13 ppg to 17/18ppg.
    Last edited by candrew; 01-04-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Enes has potential to be a center of his own kind.

If he can establish an outside shot, and if he could, which we all dearly hope so, oh so much, then he'd be a top C in the league. Given if we get rid of Captain Kermit....

I could eat a peach for hours.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Right now?....... kanter, and its not even close

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    I initially thought Kanter was a low end double/double guy; but his mid-range game is more refined and has come along faster than I imagined. The kid just does not miss many 12-15 footers.

But the bigger part is his free throw shooting - no doubt he could be a consistent high 70's/low 80's FT shooter. That's rare for a low post player and could be the difference between solid and all-star (see Chris Bosh)

As an eventual starter, these two factors could propel him from about 12/13 ppg to 17/18ppg.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    Enes has potential to be a center of his own kind.

If he can establish an outside shot, and if he could, which we all dearly hope so, oh so much, then he'd be a top C in the league. Given if we get rid of Captain Kermit....
    Kanter's had a well above average shot to 20' for years. All he needs is a consistent 25 minutes per game and the experience/confidence that comes from it. I don't know how that stacks him against others in the league, but we will be even more glad to have him.
    #dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post

I see Kanter's floor being something like a Nikola Pekovic, who is a 16/8 type of guy.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by larryselbows View Post
    I see Kanter's floor being something like a Nikola Pekovic, who is a 16/8 type of guy.
    I can see that. If Kanter was getting a consistent 20 mpg then I can see him being close to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?