Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Considering JV has a lot more experience than Kanter (who has some of the least in the entire NBA, at least at the beginning of the season this was certainly true), it's hilarious that people are making excuses in the vein of 'JV needs more experience' in this discussion.

And in case it requires clarification, I'm talking about experience playing real games. I'd take what JV did last year every day over a token 12 minutes a game against bench players in the NBA. At least developmentally.
    Not to mention is a condensed season with less games than normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not to mention 2010-2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Not to mention 2010-2011.
    You win.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Best case:

Enes Kanter: Poor man's Karl Malone. Tougher Big Al with better defense.
    Derick Favors: Cross between Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler
    Jonas Valanciunas: Tyson Chandler but rather a slightly worse version of him

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by underKANTER View Post
    Best case:

And worse case?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Best case:

You've basically just described Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon. That would put him in the top 5 of all time.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mhindy View Post
    And I'm assuming you'd then agree that Valanciunas floor is a less physical Fesenko?
    ROFL....Tyson Chandler or J.Noah comes to mind.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Best case:

Thats ridiculous. JV is already better offensive player then Chandler. D.Casey had a chance to coach Chandler and compared them - according to him JV is much much better player then Chandler was at that age.

JV's best case is Noah and P.Gasol hybrid
    Kanter's best case is Al Horford.
    Favors best case: hm....Dwight Howard?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Watch the Raps suck again once JV gets healthy.
    Lol, Raptors were losing because of Bargnani and Lowry being two selfish chuckers/ball hogs. Lowry made adjustments to his game and is coming of the bench now and Bargs is still out. Thats the reason they are winning, not JV.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Oh my, get over it Kanter has much more potential, a big-man player with poor Basketball IQ cant lead a fastbreak and finish with a hesitation dunk. Kanter playing for the Raptors without highly paid Big-Man infornt of him, would turn into a main point in this league.
    Finishing fast break with dunk has nothing to do with basketball IQ. Javale McGee does it all the time and yet is dumbest player in NBA. Understanding offense and defense and knowing when to pass out of the post does.
    Kanter has better body now, is better rebounder and post up player, but JV has higher ceiling. Not sure why you arguing that.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    so kanter's worst case is reggie evans and valanciunas' two borderline allstars or even allstar players? stop dreaming... valanciunas will never be the passer like noah or gasol, will never have noah's motor and never gasol's skills on the offensive end...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    You've basically just described Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon. That would put him in the top 5 of all time.
    Nope. Because of Chandler's defensive and because of his size and athleticizm similar to Amare and since Favors has better offensive potential than Chandler's, a hybrid of Amare and Tyson makes sense to me... But yes, Favors won't become the offensive force like Amare. But I like his potential on the defensive end...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    The point I'm making is that saying a taller Reggie Evans is the floor of Kanter is just stupid.

Look, I know you have a boner for AK and apparently anyone not on the Jazz, so why don't you just go root for a team that actually has players that you like? Being a Raptors fan is great fun, you'll get to watch OKC draft Shabazz a year after missing out on Barnes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mhindy View Post
    The point I'm making is that saying a taller Reggie Evans is the floor of Kanter is just stupid.

Look, I know you have a boner for AK and apparently anyone not on the Jazz, so why don't you just go root for a team that actually has players that you like? Being a Raptors fan is great fun, you'll get to watch OKC draft Shabazz a year after missing out on Barnes.
    why is there not a like button?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    so kanter's worst case is reggie evans and valanciunas' two borderline allstars or even allstar players? stop dreaming... valanciunas will never be the passer like noah or gasol, will never have noah's motor and never gasol's skills on the offensive end...
    I said taller R.Evans. Evans was leading NBA in rebounding one season before he got hurt - which is what Kanter being taller can do as well. I may add Evans with better offense if that would make you happier.
    And if you think I am dreaming it just shows that you have not seen JV play. His motor already at Noah's level and he is very capable passer.

See JV dropping 22 pts one Duncan and Spurs and tell me if there is no chance he would develop Gasol's skills on offense. In that game alone he made more jumpers then Kanter during his all rookie season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuCi6...layer_embedded