Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 95
  1. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,325
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    I cant remember any other player who was 3rd overall, with a leck of playing time, for around 2 years ?

    I can, Derrick Favors

  2. #77
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,424
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    And you are lying Kanter was listet 2.08 on this tournament and JV was already listed as 2.13

    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_61806.html


    Valanciunas was more than 2 inches taller on this tournament, but it didnt stop Kanter to make him his wife.

    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...26-63-A-1.html
    Thats nonsense. He was 2.10 at best at that time and that data most be updated as their recent high. He was listed as 2.11 prior draft and during last European Championship in 2011, did he shrunk and then got back to 213cm this year again? Look at pictures from tourney and see who was bigger or stronger 3 years ago and who already was mature and developed. Jonas was long and skinny kid, probably no more then 200lbs at that time, Kanter was a man already. And you somehow forget that they played two games in that tourney vs each other and other game was basically a draw - 20pts vs 22pts.

    Kanter 3 years ago:



    JV 3 years ago:

    "People do not want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche.

  3. #78
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,800
    Rep Power
    150
    ^^^ Just find a new team. We don't need to follow AK, we don't need to be convinced the Cavs got our pick .. just go the **** away.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  4. #79
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    AKMVP, your comments are full of stupidity, idiocity creamed with ignorance. How can you tell that Enes Kanter, a 20 year old man would stop growing while another 20 years old man (JV) would continue to grow? In one of your comments in this thread, you accused another user of not knowing/understanding science and technology. I suggest that you first go get some understanding of science and biology and then start making claims, which would be hopefully more rational. And the pictures that you attached does not help proving anything at all because I have seen people in their mid 20s yet looking like 17 years old.


    [QUOTE=AKMVP;459877]Thats nonsense. He was 2.10 at best at that time and that data most be updated as their recent high. He was listed as 2.11 prior draft and during last European Championship in 2011, did he shrunk and then got back to 213cm this year again? Look at pictures from tourney and see who was bigger or stronger 3 years ago and who already was mature and developed. Jonas was long and skinny kid, probably no more then 200lbs at that time, Kanter was a man already. And you somehow forget that they played two games in that tourney vs each other and other game was basically a draw - 20pts vs 22pts.


    Yes since you brought up the subject I also checked out the original link sent by the user named Cakar. And if you check both Kanter's and VC's profiles you will realize

    Enes Kanter: 2.08m
    VC : 2.13m

    from

    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_62134.html

    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_61806.html

    How come the organization didn't update Enes's height while they updated VC's? The possibilities are that indeed he was 2.13m at that time, or the european championship organization had bad measurement devices or else they took the data from Russia and russians had bad measurement devices, or as you claim they updated VC's profile while not updating Kanter's?

    I also checked out a few other websites (including wikipedia, in which both show up as 2.11m (6'11), while Enes is 248 lb; JV is 231 lb) and didn't come to a conclusion about the height of VC at that time. I felt the necessity of checking out the profile of Enes Kanter from www.cnn.com and found out that Kanter's height is 2.11m (6'11"), while VC is 2.13 (7'00"). In any case Kanter has the evidence that he grow up from 2.08 to 2.11, while things are a bit commplicated for VC; I can't come to a good conclusion that he is growing; apparently here JV is showing up as 6'11"

    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa/pla...N_A/index.html

    The weights are subjected to speculations because none of the profiles related to European Championships are including this data. However, from wikipedia and cnn one can make a rough comparison that VC has jumped from 231lb to 258lb while Kanter stays steady at 248lb. Perhaps wikipedia didn't update VC's profile again whereas they updated Kanter's?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_V...4%8Di%C5%ABnas

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enes_Kanter

    Please try to post meaningful comments, you are contradicting yourself in most cases and I'd prefer not to respond your other meaningless comments. Nevertheless, I find your comments very entertaining. I guess the other users of this forum are having a lot of fun too...

  5. #80
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    AKMVP, your comments are full of stupidity, idiocity creamed with ignorance. How can you tell that Enes Kanter, a 20 year old man would stop growing while another 20 years old man (JV) would continue to grow? In one of your comments in this thread, you accused another user of not knowing/understanding science and technology. I suggest that you first go get some understanding of science and biology and then start making claims, which would be hopefully more rational. And the pictures that you attached does not help proving anything at all because I have seen people at mid 20s yet looking like 18 years old.


    [QUOTE=AKMVP;459877]Thats nonsense. He was 2.10 at best at that time and that data most be updated as their recent high. He was listed as 2.11 prior draft and during last European Championship in 2011, did he shrunk and then got back to 213cm this year again? Look at pictures from tourney and see who was bigger or stronger 3 years ago and who already was mature and developed. Jonas was long and skinny kid, probably no more then 200lbs at that time, Kanter was a man already. And you somehow forget that they played two games in that tourney vs each other and other game was basically a draw - 20pts vs 22pts.


    Yes since you brought up the subject I also checked out the original link sent by the user named Cakar. And if you check both Kanter's and VC's profiles you will realize

    Enes Kanter: 2.08m
    VC : 2.13m

    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_61806.html

    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_62134.html

    How come the organization didn't update Enes's height while they updated VC's? The possibilities are that indeed he was 2.13m at that time, or the european championship organization had bad measurement devices or else they took the data from Russia and russians had bad measurement devices, or the euro organization updated VC's profile whereas they didn't update Kanter's as you claim?

    I also checked out a few other websites (including wikipedia, in which both show up as 2.11m (6'11)) and didn't come to a conclusion about the height of VC at that time. I felt the necessity of checking out the profile of Enes Kanter from www.cnn.com and found out that Kanter's height is 2.11m (6'11") now, while VC is 2.13 (7'00"). Kanter has the evidence that he grow up from 2.08 to 2.11 (or steady at 2.11 perhaps if you discard euro league data), while things are a bit commplicated for VC; I can't come to a good conclusion that he is growing. Apparently, he is showing up as 6'11" here:

    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa/pla...N_A/index.html

    It seems like the euro organizations do not include the weights and this is subject to speculations. However, from the wikipedia pages and the nba profileson cnn; one can see that VC jumps from 248lb to 257lb while Enes Kanter stays steady at 248lb. Perhaps they didn't update the profile of VC in wikipedia?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_V...4%8Di%C5%ABnas

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enes_Kanter

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...899/index.html

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...886/index.html

    Based on cnn's profile, I can see that VC has already a grown up to man's weight and height yet he plays like a soft garbage player in Raptors. Please try to post meaningful comments, you are contradicting yourself mostly anyway and I'd prefer not to respond to your other meaningless claims. Nevertheless, I find your comments very entertaining. I guess the other users of this forum are having a lot of fun too...

  6. #81
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,800
    Rep Power
    150
    You can say that again.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  7. #82
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    11,985
    Rep Power
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    You can say that again.

    Lots of lolz... tried to rep but have to spread it aroung i guess.

  8. #83
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,424
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzfan32 View Post
    AKMVP, your comments are full of stupidity, idiocity creamed with ignorance. How can you tell that Enes Kanter, a 20 year old man would stop growing while another 20 years old man (JV) would continue to grow? In one of your comments in this thread, you accused another user of not knowing/understanding science and technology. I suggest that you first go get some understanding of science and biology and then start making claims, which would be hopefully more rational. And the pictures that you attached does not help proving anything at all because I have seen people in their mid 20s yet looking like 17 years old.


    Yes since you brought up the subject I also checked out the original link sent by the user named Cakar. And if you check both Kanter's and VC's profiles you will realize

    Enes Kanter: 2.08m
    VC : 2.13m

    from

    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_62134.html

    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_61806.html



    Please try to post meaningful comments, you are contradicting yourself in most cases and I'd prefer not to respond your other meaningless comments. Nevertheless, I find your comments very entertaining. I guess the other users of this forum are having a lot of fun too...
    Hey, I am the wrong person to ask this question why data is screwed up in FIBA page - look at Eurobasket 2011 page - same high for both of them as in 2009. But I have been following Valanciunas career long before he was drafted and trust me, he was not listed as 2.13 at that time anywhere.
    In Europe most of basketball websites and organizations give players high without shoes, thus Kanter is listed at 2.08 which is his right height without shoes. Not sure why JV is 2.13 there as it looks to me that they put his data with shoes or as they do it in NBA.
    At any point you must agree with me that people mature differently. Some will have facial hair growing at 14 years and some at 18. Just looking at body types from 3 years ago you can tell that Enes Kanter matured very early while JV much later - which is common trend among south and north european boys ( don't throw at me racist card as it was done before - it is what it is no matter how you argue that ) . Look at Kosta Koufos - he was so dominant at his age due to extremely early maturity that he posted most dominant numbers in U-18 history but that did not translate into men's leagues. That's why I was so skeptical about Kanter prior draft - he was just so much stronger then anybody at U-18 level that it was not really a good indication about how he will perform vs men.
    "People do not want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche.

  9. #84
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,800
    Rep Power
    150
    Looking at Jeremy Evans, he has much maturing yet to do, obviously. Does he yet have facial hairs?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  10.  

     

  11. #85
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    In Europe most of basketball websites and organizations give players high without shoes, thus Kanter is listed at 2.08 which is his right height without shoes. Not sure why JV is 2.13 there as it looks to me that they put his data with shoes or as they do it in NBA.
    I won't buy this because Europian basketball organizations are professional enough to set a standard to include the physical data of players, especially at the Europian level (I can't comment on national leagues though). Although I agree that Euroleague is not as big an organization as NBA, I don't think they would make this kind of a mistake. Perhaps the data is coming from Russia and they felt the necessity of playing with JV's profile, which is also a speculation (from me).

    You claim that Enes has already matured and JV didn't yet. And you claimed that when this happens JV would be a better player than Enes, which is a very meaningless claim based on your dreams. Cnn's data already show that JV is bigger than Enes. Then again you claim that Enes is (or was) looking bigger and more grown up? Let me tell what my impression is on JV based on his data. He looks like quiete a grown big man, yet he plays soft and gargabe in Raptors as of now.

    I don't want to deal with your other comments because they are not worthy of taking seriously.

  12. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Rep Power
    0
    What's puberty?

  13. #87
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,090
    Rep Power
    9
    AKMVP

    IF you are a jazzfan why you are trying desperately, to prove that your JV guy is a better player than OUR Kanter ? Even after Kanter dominated him game after game when they played against each other ? Kanter is a freak of nature with his strenght in this age, his bones are burly as hell and JV will not even get close into the strenght level in which Enes Kanter will get. Youre complaining against us, that we are just speculate about something, but all of your statements are just baised on speculation, becausse Kanter kicked Jonas ass every game they played against each other.
    Last edited by CAKAR; 01-06-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

    "In practice Im going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever Im on the court with other big men its much easier."


    No Kanter ,but more AL

  14. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Power
    0
    According to AKMVP raw and unrefined means that they have more potential which means they are better! Lets assume that Jonas is indeed an inch taller (which I doubt but whatever) that is where you are going all your data that he has more potential. **** look at Jabbar or Olajuwon they were skinny and didn't do bad. You cannot use the excuse Jonas is skinny for much longer.

    AKMVP was using the fact that Jonas has a really high FT percent for so long before the draft. Now that Kanter has a higher % he is backed into a corner and has yet to put up a defensible argument.

  15. #89
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,424
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    AKMVP

    IF you are a jazzfan why you are trying desperately, to prove that your JV guy is a better player than OUR Kanter ? Even after Kanter dominated him game after game when they played against each other ? Kanter is a freak of nature with his strenght in this age, his bones are burly as hell and JV will not even get close into the strenght level in which Enes Kanter will get. Youre complaining against us, that we are just speculate about something, but all of your statements are just baised on speculation, becausse Kanter kicked Jonas ass every game they played against each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    I know on this board, it was a big question who of them the Jazz should have picked in the 2011 draft. Just right now, who is the better player ? And was Enes the right choice over Jonas ? Or do you like Jonas more ?
    You asked to discuss and now you do not like different opinion then yours? Why even bother making a thread like that then?
    "People do not want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche.

  16. #90
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,424
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post

    AKMVP was using the fact that Jonas has a really high FT percent for so long before the draft. Now that Kanter has a higher % he is backed into a corner and has yet to put up a defensible argument.
    It is going to change, difference is only 0.5% now. Jonas was always 80% FT shooter, few bad shooting games he had means nothing in big picture. I can bet that at the end of the season JV will have better FT% then Kanter.
    "People do not want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •