Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The LAC deal is dope. The other great idea was floated by Franklin, who suggested we deal Al to Philly for Bynum (the deal is more complex than this), who we help s&t to a team of his choosing this offseason. Maybe to ATL for a recently re-upped Teague. Maybe to Brooklyn for Lopez. (these examples are mine.)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    i still think toronto might do al-calde straight up or with some extra pieces attached that don't involve the young 4 or a pick. that trade meets a need for both teams.... toronto has lowry back so they don't need an 11M backup PG, but they do need scoring bigs. we desperately need a point guard, but have a logjam up front. both guys are expiring, so neither team is giving up any long-term flexibility. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cjcng7g

houston doesn't really have anything we need that would add up to millsap/jefferson's salary range, so with them it would have to be a 3-way. i was messing around yesterday with NOH-HOU-UTA scenarios where houston gets al, we get something like terrence jones and greivis vazquez, and new orleans gets asik. extra pieces would have to be added in, and that's where we'd probably have to cough up burks or a pick. we'd also have to take some additional salary back - probably lopez and delfino, as those are the only guys that make enough that those teams would actually give us. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2g4h2w

i don't want anything sacramento has to offer.

with phoenix it really comes down in large part to dragic, unless we really think we can resurrect kendall marshall in a hurry. thing is, even if they'll give us dragic, they'll insist we also take beasley, so we're basically biting off a 4-year commitment and a 3-year commitment in exchange for an expiring contract. if that's the case, they better sweeten the deal for US (and not vice versa) by giving us marshall and/or some picks. they'd also have to be willing to take somebody else back because even if we waive bell, we can't do a 1-for-3 trade. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bfhcf3a

my preference out of those three trades? toronto, by far. the uta/noh/hou deal has some intriguing possibilities, but it'd be a complicated deal to work out because of the disparate salary levels.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Maybe I should repost the rules to this game because only two people have got it so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by theNBAnerd View Post
    i still think toronto might do al-calde straight up or with some extra pieces attached that don't involve the young 4 or a pick. that trade meets a need for both teams.... toronto has lowry back so they don't need an 11M backup PG, but they do need scoring bigs. we desperately need a point guard, but have a logjam up front. both guys are expiring, so neither team is giving up any long-term flexibility. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cjcng7g

houston doesn't really have anything we need that would add up to millsap/jefferson's salary range, so with them it would have to be a 3-way. i was messing around yesterday with NOH-HOU-UTA scenarios where houston gets al, we get something like terrence jones and greivis vazquez, and new orleans gets asik. extra pieces would have to be added in, and that's where we'd probably have to cough up burks or a pick. we'd also have to take some additional salary back - probably lopez and delfino, as those are the only guys that make enough that those teams would actually give us. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2g4h2w

i don't want anything sacramento has to offer.

with phoenix it really comes down in large part to dragic, unless we really think we can resurrect kendall marshall in a hurry. thing is, even if they'll give us dragic, they'll insist we also take beasley, so we're basically biting off a 4-year commitment and a 3-year commitment in exchange for an expiring contract. if that's the case, they better sweeten the deal for US (and not vice versa) by giving us marshall and/or some picks. they'd also have to be willing to take somebody else back because even if we waive bell, we can't do a 1-for-3 trade. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bfhcf3a

my preference out of those three trades? toronto, by far. the uta/noh/hou deal has some intriguing possibilities, but it'd be a complicated deal to work out because of the disparate salary levels.
    Something like this is what I was hoping for. Good work Nerd.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    BTW, Nerd, I'm surprised that you even attempted something with Beasley when you have no interest in anything from Sacramento. Both teams are similar to me in the fact that they have a bunch of pieces that don't seem to work for their respective teams. And they both have a so called locker room cancer that might be dealt.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    The LAC deal is dope. The other great idea was floated by Franklin, who suggested we deal Al to Philly for Bynum (the deal is more complex than this), who we help s&t to a team of his choosing this offseason. Maybe to ATL for a recently re-upped Teague. Maybe to Brooklyn for Lopez. (these examples are mine.)
    Hell yes! We could get Marshon Brooks in that deal as another project. Then stockpile picks with this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aleylc4

How does everyone feel about this team:

Orlando #10, Jazz #9, GSW #23
    Hayward, Burks, Marshon
    Marvin, Hayward
    Kanter, Favors, Hedo (or released)
    Favors, Lopez

$56.5mm in payroll + draft pick prices, and $19.5mm expiring in Hedo and Marvin.

3 draft picks and Lopez could damn well haul in Rajon Rondo.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I dont really care at this point. I just want to see any kind of effort by management to get something for Al or Paul. Something is better than nothing. Which is where we are headed if we dont move one of those guys, because re-signing both would be dumb as ****.

Ill play.

Jefferson for

T jones and other stuff.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I dont really care at this point. I just want to see any kind of effort by management to get something for Al or Paul. Something is better than nothing. Which is where we are headed if we dont move one of those guys, because re-signing both would be dumb as ****.

Ill play.

Jefferson for

T jones and other stuff.
    Thanks for playing Hack.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Orangeyolo

Play in our postseason fantasy football league in the UGLI forum.

Don't be a weenie
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Orangeyolo

Don't be a weenie
    Yes please do........
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Orangeyolo

Don't be a weenie
    Then play my game!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Yes please do........
    Yes, you too!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Millsap and GS pick for Bledsoe, Odom, 2nd rounder
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Millsap and GS pick for Bledsoe, Odom, 2nd rounder
    You're playing all wrong.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    BTW, Nerd, I'm surprised that you even attempted something with Beasley when you have no interest in anything from Sacramento. Both teams are similar to me in the fact that they have a bunch of pieces that don't seem to work for their respective teams. And they both have a so called locker room cancer that might be dealt.
    yeah, but that's the cost of dealing with the suns right now. their #1 priority is dumping beas. in my scenario above, the idea would be to buy him out since we have no use for him. but yeah, there's a reason that scenario was my last choice.

in the toronto scenario, our depth chart would look like this:

calderon / tinsley / watson
    foye / hayward / burks
    marv / carroll / murph
    sap / (favors) / evans
    favors / kanter

a little light up front - i'd prefer something that also nets us a 4th big to play 15-20 minutes, but no big deal. then, when mo gets back from injury, calderon can start but we'd see them play some minutes together with mo coming off the ball in a JET type of role.

or...

vazquez / tinsley
    foye / hayward / murph
    marv / delfino / carroll
    sap / jones / evans
    fav / kanter / lopez

vazquez is even better suited to join mo in the backcourt because he's 6'6" so he can legimimately check some SGs so it's not a liability on the other end. this roster would be fantastic. we could look to move lopez in a separate deal, buy him out, or play him as the fourth big for a while and let jones learn some stuff.

i really like either of those deals, to be honest.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.