Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Big Al 4-13... " Blah blah haters he's our best player " news flash it's REAL BAD NEWS if he's our best player
    Yes, it is bad news that he's our best player.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks: 3 for 5 from the floor, 9 points in 16 minutes

Foye: 2 for 9 from the floor, 8 points in 26 minutes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Tonight Favors showed why Jersey traded him. He's not a smart offensive player, and when he encounters a player that matches him in physical gifts, he struggles. The refs have always hated him too. Hayward has turned into a chucker somewhat. They were tired after the first half and it showed.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Tonight Favors showed why Jersey traded him. He's not a smart offensive player, and when he encounters a player that matches him in physical gifts, he struggles. The refs have always hated him too. Hayward has turned into a chucker somewhat. They were tired after the first half and it showed.
    So Favors has one really awful night and suddenly he sucks? Look at everyone's numbers. They all sucked.

I wish I could say it was just a bad night but they always seem to have a bad night in Denver. It doesn't help that they play in Denver on the second night of a back-to-back. Everyone's struggles with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The problem here seems to be that the Jazz have very limited offensive sets, and have limited ability to even run any offensive sets because they don't have a real front-line PG. So people stand around, spread the floor and post Al, then re-post Al, then hand the ball to Hayward to either shoot or dish to a wing to shoot. If Hayward isn't on the floor, then typically Millsap is on the floor doing what Hayward would do. Opposing teams don't care much about our outside shooting because they know we can't win a whole game with our outside shooting alone. Foye, Marvin, Carroll and Hayward are streaky. So defenses pack in to double or triple-team Al and close the lanes that Millsap wants to work with. Unless the Jazz are cutting hard off picks, no one gets freed up, and our offense looks like crap.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Favors is our best player at battling defensively. He puts a lot of energy into defense. Quite often, he's like a one-man interior defense. Millsap gets outreached, outhustled and outworked. He couldn't deal well with either Faried or Koufos tonight.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Oh and this game was a solid reminder that we are still pretty pathetically coached
    Long Live JYD

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Corbin is so in over his Kermit head.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Jazz need to add quickness. We come across a bit slow at several positions. Kanter has decent quickness for a PF/C. Favors is okay. Al is slow. Hayward isn't super quick. Even Millsap is slow when he isn't playing hard. Marvin is limited offensively. Both of our re-tread PGs are slow.

If the Jazz could add skill and quickness at the PG and the wing, that would help tremendously.

We need a couple guys who can get a step to break down defenses.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Foye is kinda slow, a streak shooter, mediocre at best on defense, and he doesn't rebound. Not the kind of cocktail you want as your starting SG.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Gallinari had 12 free-throw attempts. I'm not sure how that happened, but I'm pretty sure that shouldn't have happened. Who is he blowing by?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Foye wouldn't start on 3/4 the league.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Andre Miller had 18 pts and 11 free-throw attempts. I'm not sure how that happened, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't have happened. He was playing as an undersized, 36 year-old SG half the time.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Could this season be any worse? We're completely mediocre, likely #13 pick. Golden State is killing it, our pick from them #23 or something close. All of our minutes are going to vets who won't be on our team next year. Our coach is exposed as an idiot. Man I'm depressed
    Long Live JYD

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If Randy Foye and Marvin Williams walked away from the team right now, I wouldn't mind.