Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Is there any more room on the back of the bandwagon guys?
    Always
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    I've become convinced that he will never be a dominating offensive player, so the most we can hope for is dominance defensively, 11 plus rebounds a game, and 12-16 points per game on 50% shooting or more.
    Anything wrong with that? Sounds fantastic to me. Notice how many NBA teams have a non-scoring defensive center? Favors can be much more than that. He should be starting.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by udflyer View Post
    Was the goal tending call on Hayward correct? I never saw anything like that
    Technically is goaltending, but in Haywards defense, had he not hung onto the rim, he'd have landed on his head. In my opinion the refs should've accounted for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Anything wrong with that? Sounds fantastic to me. Notice how many NBA teams have a non-scoring defensive center? Favors can be much more than that. He should be starting.
    Lol. Thought the same thing, not to mention Kanter looks like he could develop into a low post scoring machine. If that happens. Those two will dominate for years to come and be a great front court tandem. I'm rooting for that.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So Denver plays a line up at the wings of 6-6 iggy and 6-10 Galinari....so Corbin plays the 6-8 Hayward 19 minutes?

Also, I liked the Denver offense. It created lots of open lanes going to the basket, they have 3 players in the top 11 for dunks (jazz highest player is #30). And not only does the Nugents offense create lanes to the basket it also sends rebounders to the basket when the shots go up. The Jazz's Jefferson iso doesn't put rebounders in postion.
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    So Denver plays a line up at the wings of 6-6 iggy and 6-10 Galinari....so Corbin plays the 6-8 Hayward 19 minutes?

Also, I liked the Denver offense. It created lots of open lanes going to the basket, they have 3 players in the top 11 for dunks (jazz highest player is #30). And not only does the Nugents offense create lanes to the basket it also sends rebounders to the basket when the shots go up. The Jazz's Jefferson iso doesn't put rebounders in postion.

Good post.
    Denver is pretty fun to watch.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Again, nothing wrong with it. Miami would be unstoppable with Favors at the 5, and I agree that he should be starting, but it's more complicated than that of course. The composition of the team and how it gels is the most important aspect of any team. Therefore, the Jazz need at least two very good and efficient scorers that play semi-quality D. Kanter and Hayward might be those two, but that remains to be seen. I like Favors, but he has a lot to figure out on the offensive end, and I'm not just talking about scoring, which he doesn't do very well (6'10": 45% shooting). I'm optimistic in his development if he gets the minutes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Hey, Mellow, where do you get the list of dunk leaders? I've looked for that in the past and have not been able to find it. Thanks.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Again, nothing wrong with it. Miami would be unstoppable with Favors at the 5, and I agree that he should be starting, but it's more complicated than that of course. The composition of the team and how it gels is the most important aspect of any team. Therefore, the Jazz need at least two very good and efficient scorers that play semi-quality D. Kanter and Hayward might be those two, but that remains to be seen. I like Favors, but he has a lot to figure out on the offensive end, and I'm not just talking about scoring, which he doesn't do very well (6'10": 45% shooting). I'm optimistic in his development if he gets the minutes.
    But you missed the major point about Favors: No, he does not have to have to figure out a lot on the offensive end. His D now makes him a good starter, anything he gives on offense is gravy. And even now his offense, especially foul shots, is much better than most defending C's in the league. And he will get better, especially with more time and more calls from the refs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hayward should get 35 minutes per game. he is our most reliable effort and action player.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This "system" as people have come to call it doesn't work with young players. It also doesn't help that Corbin thinks the exact same way as Sloan regarding playing "vets" over young talent when we are not in a win now situation. With that said I'm done watching this debacle.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    It seems like Al vs. a double team every play. It's like no one else wants to shoot.
    This

AL is the only player on Jazz who is taking on additional responsibility to win a game. Itīs not like that AL is just a selfish player, they pass him the ball and then they are watching him fighting against a double tripple team. No one is cutting or trying to get into an other good shooting position, where AL can pass the ball. Im not defending AL becausse heīs a great guy, Iam defending him, becausse I see him as one of the few players on the team who are doing something to win games. AL is not a good defender, but why the hell he is sorounded with guys, who are also bad on defense und canīt even score ? Earl Watson 7 points ??? Oh my, is this his career high ?
    AL is one of the best offensiv BIGS in the entire NBA, this guy scores on elite level, by creating opportunities by himself. But what are the other players doing ?

Our best players on this team are
    BIG-AL
    MO
    Kanter
    Favors

The rest are just roleplayers, who need a good coach and a good system to be effektive, but where is the good coach ??? Corbin is dump as hell and he is not able to use players on their strenghtīs
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    But you missed the major point about Favors: No, he does not have to have to figure out a lot on the offensive end. His D now makes him a good starter, anything he gives on offense is gravy. And even now his offense, especially foul shots, is much better than most defending C's in the league. And he will get better, especially with more time and more calls from the refs.
    And you missed the main point about Favors that I was making: you have to have offense in addition to defense to make any sort of noise post season. You are correct in saying that there are teams that have defensive-minded centers, but these guys usually shoot at about 55-65%, and on good/great teams they are surrounded by one to three very good to elite scorers/facilitators. Look at DeAndre Jordan, Tyson Chandler, Serge Ibaka, Omer Asik, and even Dwight Howard this season. Teams that have a good to great defensive player with mediocre offensive players do not win in the Playoffs or even at all in many cases. Without offensive players that can dominate or who are extremely efficient, a team with a quality defensive big will be right where the Jazz are or a little higher. Favors is a top 15 defensive big at this point, who needs to improve his defensive rebounding. He also needs to improve his offense a lot, and not just scoring as I've said. He needs to improve his screens, cuts, passing, spacing, and general activity and BB IQ. If you think that we have the luxury of having an offensively inefficient and lackluster big that is a top 15 defensive player, you are mistaken. Name another team now or ever that has competed with this type of a player with a similar supporting cast to what the Jazz has (not what they will have because frankly it's fantasy land until it happens). His offensive production is not "gravy" because he is not dominant enough defensively to justify this. I too think he will get better and needs playing time, but I am not oblivious to the player we currently have and the current reality and immediate future of the Jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    JJAS

Are you that in your pic ?
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Are you the dump big al is taking in that pic?
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Are you the dump big al is taking in that pic?
    Lolz, lolz, lolz!