Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Did any one catch during a stop in play The Pepsi Center played the guitar part to "Detachable *****" by King Missile?

Wow - they just legalized it and already the whole state has gone to hell.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Did any one catch during a stop in play The Pepsi Center played the guitar part to "Detachable *****" by King Missile?

that is awesome.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post

Ever since Colorado and Washington has legalized the Broncos/Seahawks haven't lost a game.

Just sayin

Somewhere between Tucson and Taylorsville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Anything wrong with that? Sounds fantastic to me. Notice how many NBA teams have a non-scoring defensive center? Favors can be much more than that. He should be starting.
    I can forgive the pandering to "vets" for the starting spot if that vet is Millsap. And starting AJ for the scoring is just too alluring.

And in this game, Favors came in for Millsap at the 6-minute mark in the first quarter. Then Millsap came in for Jefferson about 3 minutes later. I like that arrangement as a compromise--not just when you're trying to save legs in the second game of the back-to-back. Then the coaches (assuming they pay attention) can compare the starters' performance to the performance by Favors and the remaining big in the first quarter. Then they adjust the rotation for the rest of the game based on what is working.

What a concept. #InGameStrategy
    Someone asked if a center can still be a difference-maker in today's NBA, and Shaq said, "No. Not shooting jumpers."
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...nant-bigs-done

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    Ever since Colorado and Washington has legalized the Broncos/Seahawks haven't lost a game.

Just sayin
    Must spread the rep around

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Hey, Mellow, where do you get the list of dunk leaders? I've looked for that in the past and have not been able to find it. Thanks.
    cbs sports. It has a bunch of stuff on dunks, including ranking the best dunk and keeping track of # of dunks.

Favors is #30, no other Jazzman in top 50.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    And you missed the main point about Favors that I was making: you have to have offense in addition to defense to make any sort of noise post season. You are correct in saying that there are teams that have defensive-minded centers, but these guys usually shoot at about 55-65%, and on good/great teams they are surrounded by one to three very good to elite scorers/facilitators. Look at DeAndre Jordan, Tyson Chandler, Serge Ibaka, Omer Asik, and even Dwight Howard this season. Teams that have a good to great defensive player with mediocre offensive players do not win in the Playoffs or even at all in many cases. Without offensive players that can dominate or who are extremely efficient, a team with a quality defensive big will be right where the Jazz are or a little higher. Favors is a top 15 defensive big at this point, who needs to improve his defensive rebounding. He also needs to improve his offense a lot, and not just scoring as I've said. He needs to improve his screens, cuts, passing, spacing, and general activity and BB IQ. If you think that we have the luxury of having an offensively inefficient and lackluster big that is a top 15 defensive player, you are mistaken. Name another team now or ever that has competed with this type of a player with a similar supporting cast to what the Jazz has (not what they will have because frankly it's fantasy land until it happens). His offensive production is not "gravy" because he is not dominant enough defensively to justify this. I too think he will get better and needs playing time, but I am not oblivious to the player we currently have and the current reality and immediate future of the Jazz.
    Seems to me you are asking way too much of Favors based on the players around him. Because they other players suck he has to become much better than he is already? How does that work? Why don't we ask that of every player?

Favors is a high quality defensive big with moderate offensive skills. That is what he is and likely will not become hugely better on O. Surround him with the right kind of players, don't put the burden on him to be something he is not. Now I realize that is easier said than done but it cannot be done if you don't set your goals there. Favors plus any high quality wing works for me as a core. I wanted the Jazz to go for Harden, but it did not happen.