Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I like the thinking but I see 2 flaws right off...

1- why poythress? He needs some seasoning from cal. I am not a fan of his work ethic right now and I don't see him being an answer to a championship.

2- there is no way Burke will be available for the jazz with the gsw pick. Unless the tankers start to lose.

Brandon knight has not shown the ability to run a team effectively at the next level. He is still a shoot first pg. I would say no to this trade.

With all the Kentucky players involved I thought this might be PKM as an alt.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    It was a joke .. I'm an insane fan of UK, but speak to the players strengths and weaknesses fairly and objectively. I'm okay with being called a homer, as long as it's in the correct context.

Bring on the onslaught!
    Ya I know. I was joking too. I love your insights, and have never thought your insights to be homerish. As someone who isn't as knowledgeable about the many potential draftees I hang on your every post in the draft thread.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Xthren View Post
    I like the thinking but I see 2 flaws right off...

1- why poythress? He needs some seasoning from cal. I am not a fan of his work ethic right now and I don't see him being an answer to a championship.

2- there is no way Burke will be available for the jazz with the gsw pick. Unless the tankers start to lose.

Brandon knight has not shown the ability to run a team effectively at the next level. He is still a shoot first pg. I would say no to this trade.

With all the Kentucky players involved I thought this might be PKM as an alt.
    I agree with all of that. Only thing I'd nit-pick is the Poythress work ethic thing. It's similar to Darius Miller. He's a hard worked, great kid, honor roll student, but not driven to drive a stake through the heart of the competition. He works hard, but plays like he wants to be a 3rd/4th option .. when he should maybe be the 1st.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I agree with all of that. Only thing I'd nit-pick is the Poythress work ethic thing. It's similar to Darius Miller. He's a hard worked, great kid, honor roll student, but not driven to drive a stake through the heart of the competition. He works hard, but plays like he wants to be a 3rd/4th option .. when he should maybe be the 1st.
    Sounds like Marvin Williams v2.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Could be. Kids got top 5 talent/skill/ability and right now I'd be weary of taking him in the lottery, at all. Calipari has started one on one coaching him so maybe he'll light the pilot and Alex will take off.. I'm not overly optimistic, but am obviously hopeful.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Work ethic wasn't the best word but desire to dominate. He seems to take plays off and let others do it.not what I call a star.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would give everyone up to have a shot at a championship. Who would say no to that? Your method isn't going to achieve that though.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would give up nothing. I've become comfortable in a state of perpetual mediocrity, and I'm not willing to gamble with that. Besides, nobody ever gets anywhere in life by taking risks.
    Eneshttp://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u77/gtrutzel/airgordon-1.jpgThe Menace

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thing about trades is that you never know if they are actually going to work out. Look at the Marvin Williams trade: was there anyone who didn't think that he was going to fit in great here and become at least to some degree the star he was supposed to. Now, while he may be good defensively, i think everyone would agree that he isn't producing near to what was hoped considering how high KOC was on him. That's not to say that he won't figure it out eventually, but trades are fickle that way, you never know.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid View Post
    I would give up nothing. I've become comfortable in a state of perpetual mediocrity, and I'm not willing to gamble with that. Besides, nobody ever gets anywhere in life by taking risks.
    Your posts are most always awesome. This one is no exception. Couldn't rep.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Seems to me like a Knight / Hayward straight swap which gets a big NO from me. Not even close.

You don't give up assets just to tank. You follow the tanking expert and do what the Golden State Tankers did last year.
    #Humble#Humble#Humble#Humble

AllTimeNBAdraftRunnerUp

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Seems to me like a Knight / Hayward straight swap which gets a big NO from me. Not even close.

You don't give up assets just to tank. You follow the tanking expert and do what the Golden State Tankers did last year.
    Good post.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Whenever you think of a trade remember to think of why the other team would do it.

just sayin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I say we go for the Washington Wizards model like OP suggested.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I just saw how many times you wrote the word Kentucky and feel obligated to approve of the moves.
    As I read it I had to keep on looking who was the op!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png