Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marvin

Rep Level
    I like Marvin. He just does his thing. He could always do more, but he hasn't done enough to make me hate him yet.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Rep Level
    I live Marvin, but I think he's criminally under or miss utilized in Corbin's 'system.' Get rid of Big Al, open the offense up, run plays for other players, such as Marvin, and I think he'll do much better.

The big mystery to me in all this is all the love Corbin's giving Foye. He's this year's Raja Bell. I wouldn't be sad if Foye were shipped off in a trade, but I would be disappointed if we gave up on Marvin so soon without giving him some kind of actual role in the offense, other than to pick up Big Al's leavings.

Rep Level
    After watching him shine in preseason I am dissapointed but not that surprised. He doesn't do anything amazing, ever, but plays good defense on SFs. He has about an even +/- rating nearly every year, which is a lot more than Al and Foye can say.

Rep Level

Rep Level
    he's the best wing defender we have by far. not everybody has to score 15+ to earn their keep.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

Rep Level
    Yep as I said the DA game thread I think this knee injury is hampering him more than we realize. Not saying it entirely responsible for his inconsistency but a large part for his low production games.

Rep Level
    what are the chances he opts out? given that his numbers have dropped this season and may struggle to get what he'd earn here on the open market.

i like marvin and agree he's our best defender, but wish he was used more on offence. more ball movement would make much more use of his strengths.