Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Oh my.
    Watch out Wes gyps gonna go all Cy on you and neg you into the Stone Age!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Watch out Wes gyps gonna go all Cy on you and neg you into the Stone Age!!
    I'm gonna neg myself?

Rep Level
    I know nothing about this Iris system, but the idea of receiving an email or text about an alarm is a good one. I know somebody who used to work at Control4 here in Utah. Since he was a salesman there, he got all the equipment on the cheap. He had it set up to where he could control everything in his house from his iphone. He could do lighting, sound system, heating/cooling, etc. all remotely. He didn't even have to be in the state. He said that one day while they were on vacation, he got an email saying that his garage door had just gone up. Rather than call the cops, he called his sister (who lived a few blocks away). She confirmed it was her. By not having an alarm company automatically call the cops, it saved all that mess of a false alarm.
    In the time it would take to call a neighbor before calling the cops, there's not much more that a burglar could do that he couldn't do without that extra minute.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    I know nothing about this Iris system, but the idea of receiving an email or text about an alarm is a good one. I know somebody who used to work at Control4 here in Utah. Since he was a salesman there, he got all the equipment on the cheap. He had it set up to where he could control everything in his house from his iphone. He could do lighting, sound system, heating/cooling, etc. all remotely. He didn't even have to be in the state. He said that one day while they were on vacation, he got an email saying that his garage door had just gone up. Rather than call the cops, he called his sister (who lived a few blocks away). She confirmed it was her. By not having an alarm company automatically call the cops, it saved all that mess of a false alarm.
    In the time it would take to call a neighbor before calling the cops, there's not much more that a burglar could do that he couldn't do without that extra minute.

This is basically what the Iris system does. I think the best think is being able to control lights and temperature. My brother has the system that lives in Pheonix and when they are on vacation he can turn on the air conditioner like an hour or so before they get home. This way its not an oven when get gets home

If people jus want temperatue control only look into the product called "the nest".
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Banned
    Rep Level
    Is this regional, more in the Utahr area?

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Is this regional, more in the Utahr area?
    Iris is national. They sell it at Lowe's. The hardware store.

Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Rep Level
    Lying sales people and crappy customer service will be the end to all security sales systems. Not this. Besides, how many poor southern people and old people use smart phones? Those are the primary targets of these salespersons.
    Corbin sucks.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Lying sales people and crappy customer service will be the end to all security sales systems. Not this. Besides, how many poor southern people and old people use smart phones? Those are the primary targets of these salespersons.
    Units like these could also end companies that don't door knock, like ADT...etc.