13 30.23%
  • Jefferson

25 58.14%
  • I'd rather not play any PF then

5 11.63%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Boozer is getting paid 47 mil this season through the next two. Hard to imagine some of you would rather take that on than watch AJ another day, but there it is right in front of me.

"I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    at least the team offense flowed much better with booz. he realized that the jazz were more dangerous when the ball was moving, so it didn't stick to his hands for half the shot clock.

jefferson is clearly better as an on-ball post defender. both guys are laughable at help D.

boozer was a better passer out of the post. also better at getting hurt.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Don't forget that since Al has been here he had played almost every game for us.

Boozer on the other hand was missing games left, right and center. What I don't like about Boozer is he's not a real team player. Booze only cares about 1 thing and it's Booze.Inc
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The one thing that sticks out about both of them is that they make a lot of money to play one side of the court. Boozer is significantly better at jump shots, using the left hand, interior passing, rebounding anything that touches his hands, and is generally more explosive, whatever that's worth. Jefferson is the best pump fake artist in the history of b-ball, and compliments that with a nice array of short push shots, spin moves, and up and under moves, so I give him the edge as a post up player. Boozer is light years ahead of AL in passing and transition offense. Al has one speed, slow. Both make decent teammates from the standpoint of optimism, and vocally supportive of teammates. Both players are historically bad on help defense, and neither one consistently challenges shots, but I'm giving the overall edge to Jefferson defensively. SO, if I had to choose today, I'd pick Jefferson because he makes less, and comes off the books in 4 months. Then, I'd play Favors 35 minutes a game, and give Al scraps until he learned to give a %# on helping his team on defense. Honestly, for Corbin, and because of Utah's personnel, I believe our record with Boozer instead of Jefferson would be 10+ wins better. In my opinion, losing Jefferson immediately makes Utah better because of simple addition by subtraction. If somehow Brandy Foye could be gone, too, even Corbin wouldn't be able to prevent the Jazz from winning better than 50% of their games. I imagine a world where Burks, Hayward, Favors, Millsap, and Tinsley (gasp), hey he's way better than Earl Wasting (course, so am I), and I hope someday that dream becomes a reality, with or without Ty in it ( I prefer without).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesDeep View Post
    The one thing that sticks out about both of them is that they make a lot of money to play one side of the court. Boozer is significantly better at jump shots, using the left hand, interior passing, rebounding anything that touches his hands, and is generally more explosive, whatever that's worth. Jefferson is the best pump fake artist in the history of b-ball, and compliments that with a nice array of short push shots, spin moves, and up and under moves, so I give him the edge as a post up player. Boozer is light years ahead of AL in passing and transition offense. Al has one speed, slow. Both make decent teammates from the standpoint of optimism, and vocally supportive of teammates. Both players are historically bad on help defense, and neither one consistently challenges shots, but I'm giving the overall edge to Jefferson defensively. SO, if I had to choose today, I'd pick Jefferson because he makes less, and comes off the books in 4 months. Then, I'd play Favors 35 minutes a game, and give Al scraps until he learned to give a %# on helping his team on defense. Honestly, for Corbin, and because of Utah's personnel, I believe our record with Boozer instead of Jefferson would be 10+ wins better. In my opinion, losing Jefferson immediately makes Utah better because of simple addition by subtraction. If somehow Brandy Foye could be gone, too, even Corbin wouldn't be able to prevent the Jazz from winning better than 50% of their games. I imagine a world where Burks, Hayward, Favors, Millsap, and Tinsley (gasp), hey he's way better than Earl Wasting (course, so am I), and I hope someday that dream becomes a reality, with or without Ty in it ( I prefer without).
    Please, for the sake of everyone here, learn how to use spaces and paragraphs. I almost had to get my reading glasses out to read your post.

Otherwise there's some good stuff in there.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would rather have Jefferson over Boozer. Though this question is like asking 'Who would you rather marry - Susan Boyle or Rosanne Barr?'

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kabenac View Post
    I would rather have Jefferson over Boozer. Though this question is like asking 'Who would you rather marry - Susan Boyle or Rosanne Barr?'
    Please tell us
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Don't forget that since Al has been here he had played almost every game for us.
    And has sucked in almost all of them. Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If their net contributions are the same, and AK got max. contracts... then I think there's a bit of resentment there as well that he didn't play up to the level we'd expected him to.

Also the fact that we drafted him and the amount of expectation placed on him added to that.
    Do you know what "net" means?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    Jefferson worked with Sloan for a couple months.

He still held the ball way more than Boozer.
    ****ing THANK YOU. I love how people have seemed to forget that Sloan was around when Jefferson came here (and Al completely botched the sets). I guess it's because Sloan bounced shortly after (and that it was totally a complete and utter coincidence).

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    BIG-AL and itīs not even close...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Please, for the sake of everyone here, learn how to use spaces and paragraphs. I almost had to get my reading glasses out to read your post.

Otherwise there's some good stuff in there.
    You read that? Props to you.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'd rather not have either. But if the money were the same I'd take Boozer. Mostly because not even Corbin could be stupid enough to put Boozer and Millsap on the floor together at PF and C. At least for long periods of time.

If I take the contracts into concideration I'd take AL. And it's not even close.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    ****ing THANK YOU. I love how people have seemed to forget that Sloan was around when Jefferson came here (and Al completely botched the sets). I guess it's because Sloan bounced shortly after (and that it was totally a complete and utter coincidence).
    You've got to give him time though to acclimatize to our system.

But yes I see arguments from both sides. Al has always been here but he hasn't been great.

Booze plays great while he's here, but he was very much absent for a lot of the games with his self imposed "injuries". Don't forget also, he pulled a similar stunt with the Bulls when he declared himself injured for apparently "tripping over the telephone cord trying to answer the door." Ask Bulls fan - they can't wait til his contract runs out neither.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    You read that? Props to you.
    Skimmed it.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion