Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Senior Member Zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    322
    Rep Power
    10

    Best all around game in G-times career?

    I was very impressed with Hayward's game tonight: 27 points on 14 shots, he shot the three with confidence, rebounded and passed very well, didn't turn the ball over and had some incredible blocks. He even took quite a shot from the dirty german late in the game, and responded with a sweet spin move for a layup. I've been trying to think of another game I've seen where he played better and couldn't. Thoughts?
    Hate You Can Trust

  2. #2
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Rep Power
    24
    Someone stat this thread.

  3. #3
    Senior Member jope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ogden City Limits
    Posts
    1,462
    Rep Power
    22
    for reference (other good games)

    4/13/11 - 34 pts (12/17), 3 rebs, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 to
    4/11/12 - 29 pts (9/14), 2 rebs, 6 ast, 2 stl, 2 to
    3/15/12 - 26 (9/17), 3 rebs, 3 ast, 1 stl, 1 to

  4. #4
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    662
    Rep Power
    10
    looking through Hayward's stats last year...he only had 1 double double that year.

    best ones i've seen:
    4-4-12 ---- 8/11 for 20 points, 3 assists, 10 rebounds, 2 turnovers
    3-23-12 --- 4/7 for 15 points, 7 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 3 turnovers (mentioning this one because I think it was the game where he was playing like he was gonna get a triple double during the first half and kinda cooled off during the 2nd half)

  5. #5
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,567
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by jope View Post
    for reference (other good games)

    4/13/11 - 34 pts (12/17), 3 rebs, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 to
    4/11/12 - 29 pts (9/14), 2 rebs, 6 ast, 2 stl, 2 to
    3/15/12 - 26 (9/17), 3 rebs, 3 ast, 1 stl, 1 to
    The first two were throw away games in April.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,889
    Rep Power
    31
    Like I've said many times, if you give him the ball he will get into a rhythm, instead of just using him as a spot up shooter. I believe if Ty would consistently run the offense through Hayward, he'd have more games like this, and be more consistent.

  7. #7
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,600
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Like I've said many times, if you give him the ball he will get into a rhythm, instead of just using him as a spot up shooter. I believe if Ty would consistently run the offense through Hayward, he'd have more games like this, and be more consistent.
    I hope that's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  8. #8
    BF Leauge CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Freakin' In!
    Posts
    10,716
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I hope that's true.
    My fantasy basketball team would love more consistency from Hayward.
    Buckle Up Jazz

    Tank Watch Bottom (or is it Top?) 5:

    1. Milwaukee Bucks 15-66 L2
    2. Philadelphia 76ers 18-63 W1
    3. Orlando Magic 23-58 L3
    4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5
    5. Boston Celtics 25-56 L1

  9. #9
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,600
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    My fantasy basketball team would love more consistency from Hayward.
    Always making it about you. Thanks a lot Nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  10. #10
    Senior Member dipship31's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    The first two were throw away games in April.
    The game in 2011 was obviously a garbage game, but the other two games we were still pushing for playoffs.

  11. #11
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    12,193
    Rep Power
    93
    I like that in the last 2 games he has done things that i have never seen from him before. (the floaters he made 2 games ago, and the spinning runner off the glass last night)

    Nice to see him incorporate a few new offensive moves to his game.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Rep Power
    0
    Do we still have video aces that can put together a highlight reel? Rep would flow...

  13.  

     

  14. #13
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,600
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Do we still have video aces that can put together a highlight reel? Rep would flow...
    Purch deserves all the rep for this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  15. #14
    Senior Member chawx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    17
    Yup, best all-around G-time game in his career. I've got the ticket stub from last night in a frame to show my kids and grandkids 50 years from now to prove I was at THIS game.

    ....unless, one of you guys want to buy it from me now so you can say YOU were there in person. $50.

    Come on, don't be shy. The value of this ticket is only going to skyrocket from this time forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by underKANTER View Post
    All in all, I'd be surprised if he (Trey Burke) ends up being a starter in this league.

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    7
    More and more it seems like the offense is starting to move though Hayward, and it seems to produce. I love seeing him get touches early to build his confidence and momentum. Way good game

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •