Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jazz = Thugs?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Well, yeah, Cuban often does. Once was hyperbole. I just get tired of many fans here blaming the refs very, VERY often. Find a way to win in spite of the refs and Ty's ineptitude.
    All fan bases bitch about refs, the ones with lots of trophies cry the hardest when things don't go their way.

As far as players, they all bitch too. The guys who get the most favorable calls typically are a little better at coaching up the refs. Unintentional humor aside, it's hard to see a point in your post.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It's the thuggish ruggish bone

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    All fan bases bitch about refs, the ones with lots of trophies cry the hardest when things don't go their way.

As far as players, they all bitch too. The guys who get the most favorable calls typically are a little better at coaching up the refs. Unintentional humor aside, it's hard to see a point in your post.
    This is such a copout. Yes, all fan bases bitch and moan about the refs here or there. It's gonna happen. But to suggest they all do it as much as many posters do here loss after loss, their pitiful Jazz inferiority complexes shining through, is more than intellectually dishonest. As a fellow fan, it's a bit embarrassing too.

As far as your comment on the players, I don't disagree.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    NBA refereeing is probably the single most damaging wart on the league's integrity. It's worse than the ridiculous soft cap.

And no, JF does not whine any more than any other fan base. Internet fans exist to complain whether it's about their players, coaches, FO, ownership, arena, cheerleaders, referees, nachos, other fans, etc.

You are a shining example of the incredible volume of text published around the world with the sole purpose of letting everyone know how much you hate something or someone.

*Not that this behavior makes you or the next guy a bad poster necessarily, but the irony watching you sneer at fans who complain about their own pet peeve is amusing.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    NBA refereeing is probably the single most damaging wart on the league's integrity. It's worse than the ridiculous soft cap.

And no, JF does not whine any more than any other fan base. Internet fans exist to complain whether it's about their players, coaches, FO, ownership, arena, cheerleaders, referees, nachos, other fans, etc.

You are a shining example of the incredible volume of text published around the world with the sole purpose of letting everyone know how much you hate something or someone.

*Not that this behavior makes you or the next guy a bad poster necessarily, but the irony watching you sneer at fans who complain about their own pet peeve is amusing.
    Haha, okay.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

What I saw last night is the Mavs started pushing and we pushed back. And they didn't like it. Glad to see we don't back down.

As far as refs go, it would be so easy to throw a game calling legitimate calls. The game of basketball is very fast paced, and there are opportunites to call fouls or violations (carrying the ball, 3 seconds, etc). all the time (almost every possession). They key is to call it fairly on both sides and not make the entire game about whistles. I have seen games where I know the refs were biased one way (not Jazz games where I'm sure I have to much bias to make an objective judgment--I do know Dallas got screwed in the finals a few years ago against Miami...).

With that said, did anyone else think Burks had an 8 second violation bringing the ball up the court last night? I noticed the shot clock was down to 16 when he was crossing the midcourt.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hopefully players and Coaches continue to call us thugs. This is the reputation we had back when we had Stockton and Malone. More often then not we got the benefit of the calls, it seems the more aggressive teams get most of the calls there way.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It is an underhanded compliment, for sure. Carlisle is almost certainly going to berate his players in private while sticking up for them in print.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'll add that it hardly counts when you can't get a ring either. Ya know, like Carlisle has. Quit crying like little bitches Utah fans. Jordan hit the shot nearly 15 years ago.
    WTF are you talking about?

Carlisle would have never got a ring in the Jordan era either.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    WTF are you talking about?

Carlisle would have never got a ring in the Jordan ear either.
    I know that.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The two thuggiest plays of the game were committed by Dirk and Kaman. Hell, the best example Carlisle could come up with was a clean block by Foye (head was hit on follow through).
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What's up with the Mavs and officiating? Cuban and Carlisle have reduced to blaming the refs....it's a real weakness in the organization and it makes me hate Carlisle as a head coach. If there were some clear one sided calls, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt....but it wasn't.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think seeing that play from Favors is a good sign. He was not that way last year when Dirk slapped the ball away from him. He just took it then. I do not see him "taking it" anymore. For further proof: look at the way that Favors went after that guy (clippers player I think) that got in Kanters face. Favors is getting a little bit of a mean streak.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Premium Member
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They don't point fingers...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    The two thuggiest plays of the game were committed by Dirk and Kaman. Hell, the best example Carlisle could come up with was a clean block by Foye (head was hit on follow through).
    This was straight up gangster, and I like it.

Freckle Liiiiiip.