View Poll Results: What should Favors average in points?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10-15

    10 37.04%
  • 15-20

    17 62.96%
  • 20-25

    0 0%
  • 25+

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Senior Member Beantown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look outside your window
    Posts
    6,932
    Rep Power
    37
    Rep Level
    6234

    Where do you expect Favors PPG to be at?

    I was surprised to see he hasn't scored 20 points once this season. He clearly will never be a huge offensive threat but just seeing where everyone's expectations are offensively.





    This poll is based on what his max PPG will be for his career or about what his career average should be.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

  2. #2
    Premium Member Vermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Set twerking dizzy.
    Posts
    5,224
    Rep Power
    53
    Rep Level
    11010
    I see no reason to doubt that given minutes he can avg 18 points a game. He is raw, but really has not been given time to develop.

  3.  

     

  4. #3
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,500
    Rep Power
    36
    Rep Level
    6312
    I said 10 to 15. Kanter is a better offensive player, so I don't think Favors needs to score a lot, just rebound and be a defensive force, with Kanter backing him up with his offense.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Hotttnickkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,835
    Rep Power
    82
    Rep Level
    19239
    I'd be happy with (eventually):

    Favors: 16
    Kanter: 18
    Hayward: 17
    Burks: 18
    Burke: 16

    Total: 85

    If we can get that. That's a pretty good team.
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk

    #LoveYourNeighbourHOOD

  6. #5
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,297
    Rep Power
    16
    Rep Level
    2722
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    I'd be happy with (eventually):

    Favors: 16
    Kanter: 18
    Hayward: 17
    Burks: 18
    Burke: 16

    Total: 85

    If we can get that. That's a pretty good team.

    Burks doesen´t seem like an high-percentage guy to me, with 18 points per game he would be on 39-41 FG% like Brandon Jennings. Favors would score low percentage, too. He doesn´ have a consistent move to score and he also is´not a good finisher under the rim. Hayward is actually inconsistent but he and Kanter could score even more than that.
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

    "In practice I’m going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever I’m on the court with other big men it’s much easier."


    No Kanter ,but more AL

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
    I see no reason to doubt that given minutes he can avg 18 points a game. He is raw, but really has not been given time to develop.
    This.

  8. #7
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,432
    Rep Power
    65
    Rep Level
    15307
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Burks doesen´t seem like an high-percentage guy to me, with 18 points per game he would be on 39-41 FG% like Brandon Jennings. Favors would score low percentage, too. He doesn´ have a consistent move to score and he also is´not a good finisher under the rim. Hayward is actually inconsistent but he and Kanter could score even more than that.
    He also doesn't have a PG that makes an honest effort to find him on the pick and roll. Ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  9. #8
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,297
    Rep Power
    16
    Rep Level
    2722
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    He also doesn't have a PG that makes an honest effort to find him on the pick and roll. Ever!
    hmm Yes they´re trying to post him up every time like AL, but thats obviously not his game.
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

    "In practice I’m going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever I’m on the court with other big men it’s much easier."


    No Kanter ,but more AL

  10. #9
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,432
    Rep Power
    65
    Rep Level
    15307
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    hmm Yes they´re trying to post him up every time like AL, but thats obviously not his game.
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  11. #10
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,622
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44548
    16/17
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    3775
    I think 15-16 is fair, with a few big 30 point games a year scattered throughout.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    9,464
    Rep Power
    75
    Rep Level
    18773
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    16/17
    The sixteenth day of the seventeenth month??
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

  14. #13
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    9,464
    Rep Power
    75
    Rep Level
    18773
    Just came from the future....

    18.6ppg!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

  15. #14
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    6,087
    Rep Power
    50
    Rep Level
    10134
    This should depend on the quality of scorers in general on the team, the quality of the point guard on the team, and the style of play. With that said, unless he finds better hands or plays with the best fast-break/pick and roll point guard ever, he probably shouldn't score more than 15 on a good team.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  16. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    This should depend on the quality of scorers in general on the team, the quality of the point guard on the team, and the style of play. With that said, unless he finds better hands or plays with the best fast-break/pick and roll point guard ever, he probably shouldn't score more than 15 on a good team.
    Is he getting too many touches now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •