View Poll Results: Who would you rather have as head coach?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • scott skiles

22 57.89%
  • Ty corbin

16 42.11%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    this is a hilarious poll. guy just got fired because he hated his players and his players hated him, and he was totally unwilling to change his system to the personnel that he had... and yet 60+ percent of you would rather have him? talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water.

also, "same record" isn't really fair since skiles is in the east. fewer middling teams in the east, so 17-16 is actually a worse record, especially with the bucks having played 3 more home games than road games (we're minus 6), and our strength of sked in the last 10 games is an unreal .560.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Skiles best days were when he was on NBA Jam with Shaq.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by theNBAnerd View Post
    this is a hilarious poll. guy just got fired because he hated his players and his players hated him, and he was totally unwilling to change his system to the personnel that he had... and yet 60+ percent of you would rather have him? talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water.

also, "same record" isn't really fair since skiles is in the east. fewer middling teams in the east, so 17-16 is actually a worse record, especially with the bucks having played 3 more home games than road games (we're minus 6), and our strength of sked in the last 10 games is an unreal .560.
    He also was the coach of a team with virtually no talent. You think any fan base in the league would take their roster over ours? Or FO for that matter.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Bucks roster is hot trash. It's a miracle he got them to .500.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Izmir, Turkey and somewhere in Eastern Europe
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Do not forget that they are eastern conference team. Just think Bucks team in the west and guess their standing
    Che: I have got two things "freedom and death." If I can not have one, i wish to have the other; because noone is able to capture me alive

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    That's what I was saying. Corbin would have that team at .250 at best. The schedule makes very little difference if your still the least talented team on the floor most nights.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Izmir, Turkey and somewhere in Eastern Europe
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jennings, Ellis, Ilyasova, Dalembert may start for any team in the league and they've got some good back ups such as Dunleavy, Moute and some youngs Henson,Udoh, Sanders. Just chemistry is not there and they do not complete eachother. Otherwise their talent level is not garbage at all
    Che: I have got two things "freedom and death." If I can not have one, i wish to have the other; because noone is able to capture me alive

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There is hope for Corbin. The recent injuries are forcing him into more creative sub patterns, at least. I wouldn't take Skiles over him.... but prefer neither.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by illyasova View Post
    Jennings, Ellis, Ilyasova, Dalembert may start for any team in the league and they've got some good back ups such as Dunleavy, Moute and some youngs Henson,Udoh, Sanders. Just chemistry is not there and they do not complete eachother. Otherwise their talent level is not garbage at all
    I don't call that a ton of talent. Jennings is overrated and starts for maybe half the teams in the NBA. Dalembert is terrible and would not start for very many. Ellis is a tweener with a limited compatibility with other players. The backups don't scream great players.

All of that says to me they are seriously lacking talent. Yet they are close to .500 with Skiles.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    I don't call that a ton of talent. Jennings is overrated and starts for maybe half the teams in the NBA. Dalembert is terrible and would not start for very many. Ellis is a tweener with a limited compatibility with other players. The backups don't scream great players.

All of that says to me they are seriously lacking talent. Yet they are close to .500 with Skiles.
    Even though I think a lot of people think Ellis is a guards version of Big Al and most would also trade about anybody on the Bucks roster to get rid of Al. As well as Ellis and Jennings are better by miles then Tinsley and Watson, besides all that. Basically your saying the Jazz people have done a better job at putting together a team and it's players then right? Shouldn't we trust these same people to know coaching better then you or I?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post

Agreed they lack talent, but they have two explosive scorers and some bigs with defensive potential/ability. I think the team would have eventually sunken below .500 with Skiles anyway.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    Even though I think a lot of people think Ellis is a guards version of Big Al and most would also trade about anybody on the Bucks roster to get rid of Al. As well as Ellis and Jennings are better by miles then Tinsley and Watson, besides all that. Basically your saying the Jazz people have done a better job at putting together a team and it's players then right? Shouldn't we trust these same people to know coaching better then you or I?
    No. I hope Corbin comes around because I'm afraid this frachise is incapable of firing a head coach. Their theories about hiring from within and keeping the same staff as long as they can make them almost incapable of admitting they made a mistake hiring a coach.
    Corbin has been horrid so far. Anybody can see it. He's made enough mistakes to realize he was not ready to lead a team. He really does seem to be over his head right now.
    As far as assembing player's I have consistently praised KOC and believe he is one of, if not the best (GM/Whatever his current title is) that the Jazz could hope to have.
    But that does not mean that their approach to other areas of the franchise do not leave something to be desired.
    Last edited by gregbroncs; 01-10-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Serious question. For the people still supporting Corbin what is it that you think he brings to the bench of the Jazz?
    Not toughness-he's too soft on the players.
    Not knowledge, He has been very slow in making adjustments during a season let alone a game.
    Not a multi-dimensional offense, The offense has been very predictable and is actually worse now that he has had time to install "his" offense.
    I'm not sure what positives this guy brings to the bench at all. I'd really like to hear something from one of his defenders. If for nothing else then to give me hope. Because I don't really have a hope that this franchise will fire him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by illyasova View Post
    Oh, they have a Turk? Look out, most talented in the league.

Give me a ****ing break.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Corbin is just not a very good coach. In any other market, there would be media scrutiny on this, but since the Jazz control 80% of what gets talked about, they control the narrative. What they need to decide is whether Ty is the guy to lead the most important crop of youth we've ever had into the future. I see no signs Ty's that guy.