View Poll Results: How much would you be willing to give Gordo on a 4 year extension?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • < $8mm per year

10 16.95%
  • $8mm - $8.9mm per year

18 30.51%
  • $9mm - $9.9mm per year

10 16.95%
  • $10mm - $10.9mm per year

16 27.12%
  • $11mm - $11.9mm per year

2 3.39%
  • $12mm - $12.9mm per year

1 1.69%
  • $13mm - $13.9mm per year

0 0%
  • $14mm+ per year

2 3.39%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Gordo: Jazz Leading Per Minute Scorer. Extension?

Gordo just moved ahead of Al in per minute scoring at 18.6 pts/36. Dude's TS% stands at a respectable .559 (17th of 64 qualified SGs per Hollinger/ESPN).

Dude's eligible for an extension in the Summer. How much would you be willing to give him per season on a 4 year extension (that is, if he's not designated as the Jazz's 5 year extension player)?
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    AK money!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The problem is that he is still not consistent. The month of December was amazing for him. He usually has that month at the end of the season. I hope that it is a sign of things to come, but if I was basing it off of current play and not what might be there at the end of the year I would say about 6 to 8 million a year. He could get that number closer to 10 if he keeps this up the rest of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    AK money!!
    Half of AK money, yes.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Matt Harpring money is about right on this extension.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Matt Harpring money? Like Mid-level-ish? Seriously? Dude's a way better defender, more efficient scorer, better playmaker, and only 22-years-old.

Do y'all actually think he could possibly be locked up for less than $8mm per season this summer?

FWIW, I picked the $9mm - $9.9mm option, although I wouldn't freak out over an extension a little over $10mm per. Nic Batum got about $11.5mm per year on his extension.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    The problem is that he is still not consistent. The month of December was amazing for him. He usually has that month at the end of the season. I hope that it is a sign of things to come, but if I was basing it off of current play and not what might be there at the end of the year I would say about 6 to 8 million a year. He could get that number closer to 10 if he keeps this up the rest of the season.
    I don't disagree but for some reason, to me, Hayward's the type of guy who will age like fine wine, becoming much more comfortable in his shoes, knowing he belongs, as he ages.

Given his ability to play both ends of the court, his age, and what I stated above, yet knowing his natural limitations athletically, I'd say 8-8.99M. I'd strongly consider going higher at around 9.5M and find it would be tough to sign off on that if the deal were frontloaded.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How much do you think he'll get if he hits free agency in 2014?

If you're not willing to go higher than 8 on an extension, what do you do when he signs an offer sheet worth 10+ per season? Let him walk?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    I don't disagree but for some reason, to me, Hayward's the type of guy who will age like fine wine, becoming much more comfortable in his shoes, knowing he belongs, as he ages.

Given his ability to play both ends of the court, his age, and what I stated above, yet knowing his natural limitations athletically, I'd say 8-8.99M. I'd strongly consider going higher at around 9.5M and find it would be tough to sign off on that if the deal were frontloaded.
    I agree with you but rookie contracts are for potential, your second contract is for your actual production. For Hayward's actual production is is in between 6-8 million.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post

If you're not willing to go higher than 8 on an extension, what do you do when he signs an offer sheet worth 10+ per season? Let him walk?
    At the rate he is going I could easily see Batum money.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    At the rate he is going I could easily see Batum money.
    So the Jazz should be looking to trade him?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Like I said, I'd personally go higher than 8 and the more I think about it, given his age and work ethic too, I think I'd be willing to go as high as 10.25M if the deal were frontloaded. It's not an absurd amount and four years isn't nearly as bad as five should he earn more than he deserves.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    6-7 milions....

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So the Jazz should be looking to trade him?
    Not even slightly. If he can have games that were 75% of what we saw last night but he has them every other game or so then he will be the reason this team gets through hard games. The offense runs about a million times better when it goes through Hayward.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Like I said, I'd personally go higher than 8 and the more I think about it, given his age and work ethic too, I think I'd be willing to go as high as 10.25M if the deal were frontloaded. It's not an absurd amount and four years isn't nearly as bad as five should he earn more than he deserves.
    I could make the case for about 10 million. I think that is a little high but the market is completely messed up right now.