View Poll Results: How much would you be willing to give Gordo on a 4 year extension?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • < $8mm per year

10 16.95%
  • $8mm - $8.9mm per year

18 30.51%
  • $9mm - $9.9mm per year

10 16.95%
  • $10mm - $10.9mm per year

16 27.12%
  • $11mm - $11.9mm per year

2 3.39%
  • $12mm - $12.9mm per year

1 1.69%
  • $13mm - $13.9mm per year

0 0%
  • $14mm+ per year

2 3.39%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Not even slightly. If he can have games that were 75% of what we saw last night but he has them every other game or so then he will be the reason this team gets through hard games. The offense runs about a million times better when it goes through Hayward.
    1. You could easily see him getting $11.5mm per.
    2. You wouldn't be willing to give him more than $8mm per in an extension.
    3. You wouldn't trade him.

Am I missing something?
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

I agree with you but rookie contracts are for potential, your second contract is for your actual production. For Hayward's actual production is is in between 6-8 million.
    Hayward brings in many things that do not show up on a stat sheet. I say 8-10 mill.

Edit: I voted 10 - 10.9 mill. I would be willing to go up to that if he maintains his production from December.

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    1. You could easily see him getting $11.5mm per.
    2. You wouldn't be willing to give him more than $8mm per in an extension.
    3. You wouldn't trade him.

Am I missing something?
    Yep, that I am cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Half of AK money, yes.
    And the other half for Burks!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Now that there is a poll, I said 10-10.9 million!!!

Give this boy his money!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Yep, that I am cheap.
    Uh...Seems more stupid than cheap. What would you do if he signed an offer sheet for $10mm/year, given similar per minute production next season (with a bump in minutes)?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Now that there is a poll, I said 10-10.9 million!!!

Give this boy his money!!

Uh...Seems more stupid than cheap. What would you do if he signed an offer sheet for $10mm/year, given similar per minute production next season (with a bump in minutes)?
    Match.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Match.
    How likely do you think it is that Gordon regresses? How likely do you think it is Gordo signs an offer sheet worth less than $8mm per season if he doesn't regress? Less than $9mm per season?

How likely do you think it is that Gordon regresses? How likely do you think it is Gordo signs an offer sheet worth less than $8mm per season if he doesn't regress? Less than $9mm per season?
    I don't think it is likely. As I stated at the beginning, my number is based off of what he has done up to last night and not off of potential. Does that clear anything up?

Awesome to see Gordo hits his stride 2 months earlier this season!'

I don't think it is likely. As I stated at the beginning, my number is based off of what he has done up to last night and not off of potential. Does that clear anything up?
    That's built into the question. Up to last night, Gordo is the Jazz's leading per minute scorer, second most efficient scorer among regulars (by TS%), best wing defender and leader of one of the league's best second units.

You think it's unlikely he regresses. You think it's unlikely he gets offered less than your max figure in free agency. You'd match a contract $2mm over your max extension salary. Do you just like throwing money away?

That's built into the question. Up to last night, Gordo is the Jazz's leading per minute scorer, second most efficient scorer among regulars (by TS%), best wing defender and leader of one of the league's best second units.

You think it's unlikely he regresses. You think it's unlikely he gets offered less than your max figure in free agency. You'd match a contract $2mm over your max extension salary. Do you just like throwing money away?
    When it is stuff that I like I throw money at it. So, yes, I like throwing money away.

When it is stuff that I like I throw money at it. So, yes, I like throwing money away.
    So if given the opportunity to pay $9 today or $10 tomorrow for something you'd be willing to pay $10 for, you'd wait until tomorrow?

If it came down to it I wouldn't want to lose Hayward. I am not going to be like Memphis and overpay to keep someone on the team though. Try a small amount first and if he doesn't bite then be willing to match what the market brings to a certain extent. My breaking point is anything more than 12 million a year.