Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Did the Jazz Screw Up in Trading for Big Al?

Looking back the Jazz gave up plenty of value for Al. Looking backing Boozer was gone along with Kyle Korver. Suddenly a big was needed. Kosta was shipped in the deal along with a boat load of draft picks. I was just eyeballing the stat line of Kenneth Faried and Kosta and came to the revelation they would have been nice pieces on the Jazz. Also if they kept Kostas and not traded for Al perhaps they match for Wesley Matthews. Just sayin....

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by homeytennis View Post
    Looking back the Jazz gave up plenty of value for Al. Looking backing Boozer was gone along with Kyle Korver. Suddenly a big was needed. Kosta was shipped in the deal along with a boat load of draft picks. I was just eyeballing the stat line of Kenneth Faried and Kosta and came to the revelation they would have been nice pieces on the Jazz. Also if they kept Kostas and not traded for Al perhaps they match for Wesley Matthews. Just sayin....
    Based off of Deron's patience, not, they made the right move. I bet Deron is wishing that he could be playing on this team right now.

I know that it is not realistic because a good chuck of this team is from the Dwill trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Two non-lottery picks doesn't really make up a boat load....
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I wasn't much of a Big Al fan at the time, but I still thought it was a worthwhile gamble. Koufos, Montiejunas and another pick (which one?) isn't much to give up for a player who was still young and produced on a ****ty team. Not everything works out in the end.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    I wasn't much of a Big Al fan at the time, but I still thought it was a worthwhile gamble. Koufos, Montiejunas and another pick (which one?) isn't much to give up for a player who was still young and produced on a ****ty team. Not everything works out in the end.
    As long as Jefferson is gone by next season I am fine counting this as a teaching experience.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Jazz could still trade Jefferson....at least for the likes of Koufos or Buddinger.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How much can we value the offense he's taught to Kanter/Favors?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    How much can we value the offense he's taught to Kanter/Favors?
    I think that it can work for Kanter but Favors is a PNR big man.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If anything, the only error they made on the Jefferson trade is not doing it sooner. I think they held onto Boozer too long. They should have shipped him off as soon as they knew he wasn't part of the future. I wonder if they could have traded Boozer's expiring contract and a pick at midseason for Jefferson. Thereby saving Koufos and one of the picks.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    LOL - I can not believe I'm reading a thread lamenting the loss of Kosta Koufos. While he was here, he had to be the most ridiculed Jazz player in the history of this board - and that's saying a hella lot.

Everyone blew me off (at first) when I said he'd have a longer career than Fesenko.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think the Heat should have picked up Fessenko. He'd help them with defense and rebounds.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yes it was a screw up.

The word was already out on Jeffy and how he was a no defense black hole. Jazz management should have done there homework. There were people on this board who knew what Al was about. Numberica is one of them that comes to mind. Now how the **** does Numberica know more about a player than Jazz management? Its because they aren't as smart as everyone around here makes them out to be. They need to stop getting a ****ing pass on everything. Our management isn't that great. They aren't the worst, but they surely aren't the best.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NBA_Draft

Terrence Jones

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    EDIT:

I mostly agree with this, but I was livid with the trade at the time because I hated how Al played and I couldn't imagine how that lead-footed, molasses-brained loser was going to be the focal point of an offense predicated on a lot of screening, motion, and ball movement. I certainly agree with the last part after I got a bigger picture of the thing and calmed down. But it didn't pass the taste test when I heard the rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by numberica View Post
    yep.
    yep.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion
    2014AllTimeDraftFinalist