Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So, let me get this straight: In order for Al to become a better rebounder he needs to stop rebounding.

What a load of crap. As I already said, the rest of the team needs to step up. If Al is getting all the post rebounds, then box out further out. If your guy is trying to get a rebound instead of running the court, then box him out and get it instead, even if that's outside of the paint. I am glad that Al is trying to put the team on his back, but I really do think that the rest of the team is lazy and isn't trying hard enough themselves.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Crazy how far Dwight has fallen since he was dominating the league. Two years ago I'd have said Miami is a better team trading LBJ for him straight up. Of course James got better too but still, wow.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Crazy how far Dwight has fallen since he was dominating the league. Two years ago I'd have said Miami is a better team trading LBJ for him straight up. Of course James got better too but still, wow.
    Dominating the league? Dwight is a huge cancer without any real toughness mentally. He's Tracy McGrady 2.0 with much, much more drama and a handbag away from a princess.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    The rationale:

He then goes on with stats that show that elite rebounders do not increase the rebounding percentage for their teams, they just take rebounds from teamates seems to be the point. Thus it seems like not such a knock on BA as it is on top rebounders in general. That's what I got out of the intro. No subscrip so I did not read beyond that.
    Interesting thesis. I'd like to know how teams get better at rebounding then. Something tells me that Miami wouldn't mind Asik or Verajao "stealing" more defensive rebounds for them.

It seems there are at least two ways:
    1) Personnel (it's interesting that the teams with the most rebounds/48 minutes are Minnesota, Indiana, Denver, L.A., Golden State etc.). Each one of these teams has at least one quality rebounder if not two or three for their position (Minn.: Love; Indiana: George, Hibbert, West; Denver: Faried, Koufos, McGee; L.A.: Howard, Jordan, Gasol; G.S.: Lee). The rest of the teams seem to follow suit as well with Boston and Miami (both without Centers) coming in last.

2) Defensive balance and positioning, i.e., when someone challenges a shot, another player boxes out the man that that player left.

Types of rebounds are important as Locke showed that teams that offensive rebound in the top are often bad teams unless they defensive rebound well also, while those that defensive rebound in the top are usually top teams.

Also, how bad your team's shooting % will dictate how many rebounds you get.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    Dominating the league? Dwight is a huge cancer without any real toughness mentally. He's Tracy McGrady 2.0 with much, much more drama and a handbag away from a princess.
    I don't disagree with your general sentiment here but comparing him to McGrady isn't fair. McGrady never won a playoff series. Howard helped lead a team to the NBA Finals, albeit with great play from Turkoglu and Lewis.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    I guess you don't remember 2 years ago. Too bad cuz Deron was really, really good a little earlier than that.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    i dont think you have any stats to back this up bro. why do u choose to live this life of lies bro?
    ...it was obviously hyperbole. Lighten up! We all know Jefferson is a monster on the boards!