Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have to say, I'd almost mailed in the season emotionally until I saw the 4th quarter of Dallas. Absolutely shocked Ty went with Burks at the backup 2, and liked seeing it again tonight.

Burks might not be able to handle the job. But he can do things on the floor with the ball that no other player we have will ever be able to do. Committing to letting him learn or fail is crucial.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Honestly, if we're just going to trade Al and Sap, do it now. Favors and Kanter can't possibly score reliably in the post. So if we're not going to go for it, then just get the losing started.

I'm not advocating anything actually. And I think it's pointless to have Ty coach Favors or Kanter. So I guess I'd rather have as much ammo as possible built up to getting Ty canned so we can move into the future with those two being coached by someone competent.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Foye's averaging 27 minutes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Foye's averaging 27 minutes.
    I am fine with that as long as he gets a lot of those minutes playing with Burks and Hay. If he is taking away minutes from them then thats way to many

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben10 View Post
    I am fine with that as long as he gets a lot of those minutes playing with Burks and Hay. If he is taking away minutes from them then thats way to many
    Foye needs to be down to 20 minutes at least. He's the classic player you leave on the floor if he's hot, yank if he's not. His "value" has little to do with who else is on the floor.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Foye needs to be down to 20 minutes at least. He's the classic player you leave on the floor if he's hot, yank if he's not. His "value" has little to do with who else is on the floor.
    I can agree with this. I do like the way he has played with Burks at the point though.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I can agree with this. I do like the way he has played with Burks at the point though.
    yeah, if burks is at point they're limited with options at the 2, especially with marvin out and gordon playing the majority of his minutes at 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If this sticks, it's a monument to how poor of a brain Ty has that he used it in the pre-season, only to dump it stricly because of tenure (has anyone yet devised a real reason he benched Burks to begin with?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm just glad the asinine "Burks hasn't earned it" or "Burks has proved nothing" comments have (at least temporarily) stopped. I think its pretty clear whenever he plays extended minutes that he easily already is a rotation player in the NBA, in some capacity. That its evident in his second year (though I thought it was after his first) is what's promising.

(Knocking on wood... don't want a stupid I told you so post to derail the general consistency we're seeing from him) Like any youngn' I expect there to be plenty more ups and downs. FT shooting is paramount.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How about Al with 4 And 1s. I know it was against the Bobcats, but still, that's awesome.

And damn near 8 guys were in double figures. A great complete team effort tonight.

And nothing against Earl, but he just played his way to the deep bench IMO.

Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    How about Al with 4 And 1s. I know it was against the Bobcats, but still, that's awesome.

And damn near 8 guys were in double figures. A great complete team effort tonight.

And nothing against Earl, but he just played his way to the deep bench IMO.
    Big Al has been playing more physical lately, even guarding the pick n roll better as of late.
    :^D

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Big Al has been playing more physical lately, even guarding the pick n roll better as of late.
    Did you miss the first 3 1/2 quarters of the Mavs game? Dude has shown that he can move his feet when he wants to. On defense, he only wants to move his feet about 20% of the time.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Late Stage Rebuilder BabyPeterzz's Avatar
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks' game has not grown at all and he's playing exactly like he has since he was drafted. He started this year playing amazing team ball, showing exceptional court vision and passing, and adding solid FT shooting. Ty and the coaching staff have done nothing to shape his current game. He's looked like a PG from day one, like he does now. I can't believe he hasn't got more PT until now.
    Freckle Liiiiiip.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I'm just passing through St George. If I was the one driving I would stop someplace and finish watching the game.
    Iggys and Wingnuts probably had the game on.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Did you miss the first 3 1/2 quarters of the Mavs game? Dude has shown that he can move his feet when he wants to. On defense, he only wants to move his feet about 20% of the time.
    Man I was getting so mad at Al. I agree that he can move his feet on D. He just gives up and it pisses me off.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy