Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    bro do u srsly think AK is a MVP level player in the NBA? srsly bro?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    My experience was that they are generally very anti mormon. I speak of this from first hand experience and discrimination in the south during the 90s. I think it cooled down some after the Mormon Church sent some 70s to the SBC and Bellvue Baptist Church to talk to Dr. Adrian Rogers. Bellevue at that point in time had the largest anti mormon library in the world. It was a standing rule in the Little Rock, AR mission (it covers Memphis, TN) that the missionaries were not to talk to Dr. Rodgers. Ahh the good ole days.
    true, i was just trying to prove a slight point that muslims though usually very determined to stick to the religion they have known their whole lives will still change when the feel the spirit. i dont acredit the muslim grouth to be from conversions i think its all about who is having the most babys. mormons and cotholics have been slacking i guess we need to step it up. first on this board to have 20 kids wins salvation... now 1...2...3.. go!!
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JGolds View Post
    true, i was just trying to prove a slight point that muslims though usually very determined to stick to the religion they have known their whole lives will still change when the feel the spirit. i dont acredit the muslim grouth to be from conversions i think its all about who is having the most babys. mormons and cotholics have been slacking i guess we need to step it up. first on this board to have 20 kids wins salvation... now 1...2...3.. go!!
    I have 250 bucks on PKM!!
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Who cares? 99% of Muslims quietly observe their religion. Christians are much more annoying, in my opinion.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There are different kinds of view and philosophies in Islam. Despite of being raised as a Sunni Hanafi, I follow my own way of belief as I have my own mind to comprehend the universe as my own. You can say it's almost parallel with Nonduality - Advaita-Vedanta. I don't believe there is a God in X Dimension. I believe we all are a part of the one God forming the God himself.

If some belief is taking over as OP indicated, that should be giving what the believers need from it: relief and peace. So why people have to feel fear for it? I would fear, if I had something to loose if a belief would take over, such as financial revenue. There are very few religions which people don't have to pay because of what they believe in. Would I not be in peace if I don't have to pay? I am not paying anything to anybody, and I found my inner peace, just needed to think and read a little. People are too lazy, and don't like to think for themselves. They pay someone else to think for themselves instead.

So if there is a problem exists, problem is just about economics, not about the religion or beliefs.
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In almost every society, there is a government propaganda that raises phobia of minority immigration. Muslims are trying to be made into the minority of the world (especially the Christian world) so that what has been done and will be done could be legalized in the eyes of the world. That video is obviously made in the hands of a few conservative anti-Muslim Christians and it has been told through the lips of Muslims. To me, it's a fail attempt to raise some hate against Muslim immigrants. But to some among us, it clearly got into some minds.

I'm not saying that immigration does not have an effect on shaping societies. It has a major one. But the exaggeration part is rooted from propaganda is all I'm saying. Muslims migrate, shape some aspects of some societies, but they do not and will not wipe them out through immigration. If the majority of the world becomes Muslim one day, it will be through choice. But sociologically speaking, and I'm saying this to the Mormon friends here who had done their part as missionaries, the conversion thing does its major effect, when one of the two sides gain an incredible power against the other, hence its social context manipulating the lesser religion's people to convert to it by their own choice, but actually driven by basic interests.
    Last edited by addictionary; 01-11-2013 at 03:23 AM.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and don’t want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. You’re not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I won’t get soft. Don’t worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    21% of American Muslims are converts
    http://pewresearch.org/files/old-ass...-americans.pdf

Also conversions to Islam actually really started to increase after 9/11 ironically since many people bought a Qur'an and started reading it etc. 34,000 converted to Islam a couple of months after the attack.
    http://digitalcommons.usu.edu/cgi/vi...ext=imwjournal

But all in all it is mainly about birthrates... Secularism is also an extremely fast growing belief/nonbelief but it will never become a majority for the simple reason that secular people normally have by far the fewest amount of kids while the most religious have the most. http://www.scilogs.eu/en/blog/biolog...-draft-version

Btw secularism isn't the same as atheism. 21% of Americans are nonreligious/secular while only 2-3% are atheist. Chesterton said it best with "Atheism the most daring of all dogmas, for it is the assertion of a universal negative."
    Last edited by The Black Swordsman; 01-12-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Almost unheard of muslims to convert to different religion or abandon their faith and become atheist.
    No, it's equally common. I read a couple of blogs by Muslim-turned-atheists.

The real problem is that so many Muslims live in countries where atheists are jailed/killed for expressing their views.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post

The real problem is that so many Muslims live in countries where atheists are jailed/killed for expressing their views.
    I agree. Muslims in general are as likely to change or abandon religion as any other sect providing they have the same level of exposure to those influences.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post

really? those few I met in my life always left impression of almost fanatical devotion to their faith and views.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I agree. Muslims in general are as likely to change or abandon religion as any other sect providing they have the same level of exposure to those influences.
    hm.. Why then so many western muslim women still wear those black head to toe outfits even after living here for decades? One would think they would be influenced by western fashion at least a bit?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have some concerns about something like this happening. But I also believe that civilization inherently moves towards something resembling a humanist/secularist (which doesn't mean non-religious for those waiting to jump) viewpoint (common-sense good, for goodness sake) and will win the day if it's to ever be won.

I don't have a lot of pull in the scheme of things, so I can't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    really? those few I met in my life always left impression of almost fanatical devotion to their faith and views.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/

These two are probably the largest ex muslim forums there is (at least in English). I go on there and debate with them frequently as I cannot see a single logical/scientific/rational reason why Islam is not the truth. Also there is a show on youtube called Jinn and Tonic show that is a bunch of atheists discussing Islam and they get exmuslims on there frequently.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    hm.. Why then so many western muslim women still wear those black head to toe outfits even after living here for decades? One would think they would be influenced by western fashion at least a bit?
    Then by this logic since you see Mormon missionaries walking around in shirts and ties then all Mormons must be devot.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Then by this logic since you see Mormon missionaries walking around in shirts and ties then all Mormons must be devot.
    Do they wear it everywhere or only when they go on a mission? Sorry I am not to familiar with them missionaries, but one mormon family I know dresses like everybody else here ( rather unoriginal I must say, jeans and baggy clothes )