Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    Your Mom is unradable.
    Pics or it didn't happen

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If he's already Rad then yes.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Tough but not improbable. However your not going to get fair value, because the only way a team will take on Al for a rental, due to him being a FA. at years end is if you take on a bad contract the other team wants to get out of. I'd almost rather have him expire then take on a bad contract.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If Utah is securely in the playoff picture or fighting for a spot still come trade deadline, Millsap and Jefferson will still be with the team. The only way they go into rebuilding mode and trade them for players or picks is if the Jazz are clear out of the hunt. It is the same situation that happened with Boozer.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My only concern with keeping Big Al through this season is the chance that he gets resigned. The combo of Big Al and Corbin is getting to be too much to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    mellow's right, there are some challenges but he's not untradable. i think the problem is that right now the asking price is a little too high. as the next 8 weeks pass, the hope is that the jazz will get more realistic about what two months' worth of al jefferson will get them, or one of the current bidders will up the ante. probably some combination of the two.

the thing is, only certain kinds of teams are going to want big al - a team with no post scoring that doesn't mind that he's only a two-month rental (but in this case they're not going to give up long term assets) or a team that wants to create flexibility this summer so a 15M expiring is nice (but in this case they'll want us to take salary back). it only goes two ways - we can get crap for him, or we can get value but compromise some of our future flexibility at the same time. so the guessing game for KOC/DL is this: will that cap space be more of a commodity in the next 8 weeks, or later this summer?

as to the question of whether or not the jazz can generate a trade exception by S&Ting him if he leaves - i double checked, but i'm pretty sure this loophole is still open to NBA teams. in other words, we could pull a boozer/bron if another team decides to sign him for, say, 12M.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.