Rep Level

This is a Head Coach?

From the Trib:

"
    Utah Jazz: Korver and Harris compare notes on stints in Utah

By Bill Oram

| The Salt Lake Tribune
    First Published Jan 11 2013 05:46 pm • Updated 8 hours ago

Atlanta • Kyle Korver and Devin Harris didn’t play together in Utah. They were separated by nearly a year, a head coaching change, and one moody superstar point guard.

But the two former Jazz players, who started for the Hawks against the Jazz on Friday at Philips Arena, still have a fair bit in common.
    Related Stories

"They still run the same offense," Korver said, "and today we were going through the plays and we’re kind of looking at each other like, yeah he’s going to cut this way, they’re going to run this play, it’s still called the same thing and all of that stuff."

Unbelievable. We have a HC with so little creativity and individuality that the plays still have the same names from the previous coach. What the heck? Since he first took over and had no idea of who he wanted for assistant coaches I have been appalled with Ty's indecisiveness. Other examples include naming no captain last year and no one getting starter minutes this year. Are you developing youngsters or are you trying to get all you can out of the vets? Ty cannot decide so he tries to do both at once with predictable results.

He's a smart guy, he just has no personal convictions about what it takes to produce winning basketball. I suspect he goes back often to watch tapes of Ole Jer to see what he would do.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    From the Trib:

"
    Utah Jazz: Korver and Harris compare notes on stints in Utah

By Bill Oram

| The Salt Lake Tribune
    First Published Jan 11 2013 05:46 pm • Updated 8 hours ago

Atlanta • Kyle Korver and Devin Harris didn’t play together in Utah. They were separated by nearly a year, a head coaching change, and one moody superstar point guard.

But the two former Jazz players, who started for the Hawks against the Jazz on Friday at Philips Arena, still have a fair bit in common.
    Related Stories

"They still run the same offense," Korver said, "and today we were going through the plays and we’re kind of looking at each other like, yeah he’s going to cut this way, they’re going to run this play, it’s still called the same thing and all of that stuff."

Unbelievable. We have a HC with so little creativity and individuality that the plays still have the same names from the previous coach. What the heck? Since he first took over and had no idea of who he wanted for assistant coaches I have been appalled with Ty's indecisiveness. Other examples include naming no captain last year and no one getting starter minutes this year. Are you developing youngsters or are you trying to get all you can out of the vets? Ty cannot decide so he tries to do both at once with predictable results.

He's a smart guy, he just has no personal convictions about what it takes to produce winning basketball. I suspect he goes back often to watch tapes of Ole Jer to see what he would do.
    Link?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Link?
    Obama??
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Rep Level
    This isn't news, Sloan did the same thing, the difference being that for a long time people couldn't stop it even if they knew what was coming. Hopefully as the players grow in the offence the current group will achieve that.

Anyone notice the Jazz sometimes pause after each pass trying to remember what comes next or waiting for the other guy to get into position? I think they are still learning the offence or each other. That is what happens with teams getting to know each other, so again, I hope they start to gell bettter.

Rep Level
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cctrackstar View Post
    This isn't news, Sloan did the same thing, the difference being that for a long time people couldn't stop it even if they knew what was coming. Hopefully as the players grow in the offence the current group will achieve that.

Anyone notice the Jazz sometimes pause after each pass trying to remember what comes next or waiting for the other guy to get into position? I think they are still learning the offence or each other. That is what happens with teams getting to know each other, so again, I hope they start to gell bettter.
    Don't you find it amazing that a new HC coach runs all the same plays with the same freaking names as the previous coach? Does he not have one single original idea? For this he gets paid millions?

Rep Level
    I don't usually overanalyze quotes by either coaches or players, but this is alarming.

Rep Level
    Mother ****ing jive turkey.

Rep Level
    I think the entire fan base knows the offense by heart at this point.

1. Take 10 seconds to make the entry pass into Al, who has been pushed out about 15 feet from the basket by this time.
    2. There is then a 90% chance the entry passer, usually the PG, gingerly cuts through the lane to the opposite side of the floor with no real purpose.
    3. Al usually fails to back down defender down for a good post move so contemplates three options: a)push shot b)contested jump shot c)pass back
    4. If C, there is usually only about 6 seconds left. We have no great shot creators, so are usually left with a low percentage jump shot off a half baked screen (often set by Al).

Now when Al doesn't touch the ball, the offense is much more unpredictable, there is time to run plays, and get higher percentage shots. Here is the result of the one game Al missed this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400277999

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    Mother ****ing jive turkey.
    So close to Thanksgiving.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Obama??
    Maybe Obama could use executive orders to ban TyCo from Utah.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Don't you find it amazing that a new HC coach runs all the same plays with the same freaking names as the previous coach? Does he not have one single original idea? For this he gets paid millions?
    well maybe one of Corbin's primary tasks as an assistant was to come up with names for the plays...

:wink:
    a blast from the past... http://www.freepennystockalerts.com/

Rep Level
    Am I the only one who thinks its impressive that even if the other team knows your plays, you can still put 95 points up? The ultimate strength of an NBA play is that you can run it well even if the other team knows it.
    This same thing happened in Brooklyn and we killed them.

Errr......I mean....fire Ty!!

Rep Level
    What is alarming is that people find this alarming. No team in the NBA runs a play that is a surprise. And if you think changing the name means folks would not figure out the play you must not have played any basketball before.

Rep Level
    I told you he is Sloan lite and this **** aint gonna work. Not to mention its predictable. Players not getting the ball in that play do nothing and show it with their body language so there is no point to guard him. At this point you are playing 4on5, 3on5.. ect.