Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Utah Jazz VS the Miami luke warms on ROOT Sports 1280 AM/ 97.5 FM at 7:00

It would be nice to get a win.. or else there will be a lot of fire and trade threads for the next week until we play again. I think the jazz stand a shot at this one. They are at home and according to 2 out of the last 3 teams we have played we are tough guys who play hard-nosed ball. That is what it is going to take to win this game. I look forward to it. I think the jazz can do it. after all WE ARE UTAH JAZZ!!!!!

It’s going to be the good guys

VS the bad guys AKA team Choke

These three guys will be there

Why you smilin bro?

Will the jazz stump the heat? Only if they can match the intensity, and control the pace, give the heat a taste of their own medicine.

Now it’s time for you Utah jazz!!!!
    He won’t play cause he is hurt Mo Williams

Coming in at 6’10 300 pounds he use to play on the girls HS basketball team!!!
    AL JEFFERNEEDSTOGOSON
    (P.S. caption this picture)

Coming in at 6’8 weight unknown he has earned his name!!!
    PAUL MILLSLAP

Coming in at 6‘8 he is are token white guy
    GORDON HAYWARD

He is our special ops guy our 007
    ALEC BURKS

“Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.

Game #40 Miami Heat at Jazz, 7pm at ESA

Ironically the Heat are in town at the same time as another frigid inversion.

Steve Luhm @sluhm According to several web sites, Miami opened as a 5.5 favorite over Utah tonight. It's down to 2.5. The game is being played indoors, right?

Yes Steve, the game is indoors, at the ESA or is it ECPA? But wouldn't it be fun to imagine....

ESPN's Heat Index says Mario Chalmers and Lebron James are HOT. Chalmers scored a career high 34 point while hitting 10 of 13 3pt attempts. Lebron James is averaging 30.4 points against Utah -- his highest career mark against any team.

But the Heat are kind of cold: They are 8-8 on the road this season, and lost 2 road games before blowing out the bi-polar Kings. Maybe they need more than hoodies to stay warm

KSL Weather says: Its going to be cold. (no freaking pictures so heres a link) and an inversion

The heat guys don't like it.--
    Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat 13 Jan Coldest temperatures here in Salt Lake in nine years, going to minus-5 tonight. Whee!

Does anyone sit courtside? Do the Jazz still flood the ECPA floor with cold outdoor air to keep the other team from warming up?

Meanwhile the jazz are the NBA's new tough guys:
    Utah's extra feisty and physical defense was a popular topic in the Pistons locker room, according to the Detroit News. Beat writer Vincent Goodwill described the Jazz as using "physical play (that) bordered on early-90's assault as they mucked up the game, preventing the Pistons from doing virtually anything on the offensive end." Forward Jason Maxiell: "They took advantage and hit us and we didn't fight back, got us into a hole." Guard Brandon Knight: "They punched us in the face and there was nothing we could do about it. "Instead of fighting back, we just kind of laid down a little bit."
    And is he the Jazz starting pg?
    Last edited by mellow; 01-14-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

excited to see more of burks tonight..... not excited to watch us try to stop lebron and the refs though.

This one is a loss.

I am pumped for this game. GO JAZZ!!!

Free Burks, Hayward, Kanter and Favors.

Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    excited to see more of burks tonight..... not excited to watch us try to stop lebron and the refs though.

This one is a loss.
    we ahve beat them before, why not now. and ill be honest, if corbin plays smart i think we can win this one. the burks hayward foye linup is a good guard SF combo lineup. hayward had an off night in detroit, he will make up for it tonight a little bit. i have a good feeling lol.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Quote Originally Posted by JGolds View Post
    we ahve beat them before, why not now. and ill be honest, if corbin plays smart i think we can win this one. the burks hayward foye linup is a good guard SF combo lineup. hayward had an off night in detroit, he will make up for it tonight a little bit. i have a good feeling lol.
    That's right Golds! Time to take down "The King"! GO JAZZ!

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    Fantastic Failure Batman!!!

Jgolds beat me to the post and his doesn't suck.

Can I neg rep meyself for this one?
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

I don't even want to think about Demarre Carrolle guarding Lebron today. That's gotta be one of the easiest matchup Lebron sees. Hopefully Marvin is back.

Great game thread....

They can be taught!!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Don't worry I'll get ya!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

only by like two minutes..... someone should merge the two game threads
    ― Jarod Kintz

In true Jazz form, they'll beat Miami and then make up for it by losing to Cleveland...and ChuckerJ Miles.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by MoTappin View Post
    In true Jazz form, they'll beat Miami and then make up for it by losing to Cleveland...and ChuckerJ Miles.
    We'll lose tonight, but cream the Cavs. The front office, and Corbin will praise the might Big Sap for their slaying of the Cavs.

Foye will be honored at halftime the next game for shutting down the great CJ Miles, and holding him to 2-9 shooting.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    We'll lose tonight, but cream the Cavs. The front office, and Corbin will praise the might Big Sap for their slaying of the Cavs.

Foye will be honored at halftime the next game for shutting down the great CJ Miles, and holding him to 2-9 shooting.
    lol... i laugh not cause it is funny, but cause it is true!
    ― Jarod Kintz

I have been waiting for this Miami game all year. I got front row seats. Its going to be a blast. Just hope Miami doesn't rest players. Haha