View Poll Results: Will the Lakers make the Playoffs?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 41.18%
  • No

20 58.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Will the Lakers make the Playoffs?

It's always fun to see the Lakers struggle, but I always thought in the back of my mind that they would eventually put it together. Now, I'm starting to wonder.

What say you?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Lot of games left to play. I say yes.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They've had a cupcake schedule thus far and they're 5 games below .500. I say no.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    It's always fun to see the Lakers struggle, but I always thought in the back of my mind that they would eventually put it together. Now, I'm starting to wonder.

What say you?
    I'm betting they don't, and in Stern's final act of complicity (remember how he facilitated the Gasol trade, allowing a "retired" player/asst coach on another team to be part of the deal), the Lakers will luck into one of the top-3 picks. What I do find amusing is the bad blood that's developing between Kobe and Howard. Bryant ain't going to win a championship without a dominant center. I don't see how the Lakers will obtain one if Dwight decides to leave as a FA.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They can get well as soon as Kobe figures out how to lead a team without dominating the ball. Still, I'm amazed and relieved they failed to woo Sloan, that team would be far, far better under him.

Short answer, yes.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If they don't, then I expect them to will a top three lottery pick.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Looking at the numbers, it's going to be very difficult for them to make the playoffs. Let's say that to make the playoffs, they would need to reach 45 wins. After the Lakers' 2 game win streak, they are 17-21, which means they will need to go 28-16 the rest of the way. That's a win % of over 63%--a percentage only averaged by 7 teams, thus far. So, the Lakers will suddenly need to play like a top-7 team in the NBA just to snag the 8th playoff spot? That's going to be pretty damn difficult.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I say yes. They'll get hot enough to make the playoffs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Looking at the numbers, it's going to be very difficult for them to make the playoffs. Let's say that to make the playoffs, they would need to reach 45 wins. After the Lakers' 2 game win streak, they are 17-21, which means they will need to go 28-16 the rest of the way. That's a win % of over 63%--a percentage only averaged by 7 teams, thus far. So, the Lakers will suddenly need to play like a top-7 team in the NBA just to snag the 8th playoff spot? That's going to be pretty damn difficult.
    The Lakers are also only 5-12 on the road, and 24 of their next 44 games are road games.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I conquer.... With nightmare!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ...hey, can you do my income taxes this year? You are fantastic at numbers! I'll be the first to admit I was WAY OFF on my expectations for the Lakers this year. I thought for sure that with the addition of Nash they would outscore everybody and win 55-60 games! Stupid me! I'm an old geezer myself and admit to losing just about all my athletic ability! The Lakers are OLD! They ain't gonna make no playoffs this year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    3 games out of the 7th/8th spot. I think they beat out the Jazz or Rockets and make the playoffs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    LA just lost in Toronto. They're seriously a worse road team than the Jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They're only a few games out. They just have to catch Houston/Portland who are shaky teams. The Jazz, meanwhile, will move up due to their lighter schedule unless they trade Jefferson.

That said, they really do seem to suck though. Nash is a shadow of his former self. Kobe has lost some mobility and is playing too many minutes. Gasol is bare there. They're going to get rolled if they do make the playoffs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They need to trade Gasol or Howard. Those two can't coexist. They have Earl Clark, who makes a great D'antoni PF, but they need some more depth.

That being said, if they snuck in as a 8th seed, who the **** would want to face them?
    :^D