View Poll Results: Will the Lakers make the Playoffs?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 41.18%
  • No

    20 58.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Will the Lakers make the Playoffs?

  1. #16
    Modstapo Lite Nate505's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    6,954
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    13993
    Rep Adjustment Power
    70
    I don't think they have the bench or coaching to pull it off.
    In Lindsay We Trust

  2. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7119
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    I'm betting they don't, and in Stern's final act of complicity (remember how he facilitated the Gasol trade, allowing a "retired" player/asst coach on another team to be part of the deal), the Lakers will luck into one of the top-3 picks. What I do find amusing is the bad blood that's developing between Kobe and Howard. Bryant ain't going to win a championship without a dominant center. I don't see how the Lakers will obtain one if Dwight decides to leave as a FA.
    we can send them big al jefferson.
    if there is one thing Jefferson is good at is being dominant.

    ooh wait think i'm confusing dominant center with ball dominating center

  3. #18
    Senior Member underKANTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1098
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    as long as kobe continues to ignore his teammates and takes 30 shots per game with bad percentages while gasol, howard and nash get 7-10 shots per game each, no.

  4. #19
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    15,680
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    36615
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    The Lakers have the longest active losing steak in the NBA. They are 1.5 games ahead of the Kings.

    I'm telling ya, they're not making the playoffs.


    #ExumHomer


  5. #20
    Senior Member carolinajazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,608
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1118
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    ...make the playoffs? They may not win ANOTHER GAME!!! I have never seen a team disintegrate faster on paper and on the court than this Laker team! In addition to that, I laugh and puke my guts out now every time ESPN or TNT push the next televised Laker game as "must see" TV! Who wants to watch this pathetic team anymore? They are headed faster to 10 games under .500 than a forced shot by Allen Iverson!!! There are so many things wrong with this team that one does not know where to start! Maybe we can start! 1) Bad coaching! (who can continue this?)

  6. #21
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    15,680
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    36615
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    ...make the playoffs? They may not win ANOTHER GAME!!! I have never seen a team disintegrate faster on paper and on the court than this Laker team! In addition to that, I laugh and puke my guts out now every time ESPN or TNT push the next televised Laker game as "must see" TV! Who wants to watch this pathetic team anymore? They are headed faster to 10 games under .500 than a forced shot by Allen Iverson!!! There are so many things wrong with this team that one does not know where to start! Maybe we can start! 1) Bad coaching! (who can continue this?)
    2. No depth

    3. Bad chemistry

    4. Old

    5. Injury prone

    6. ****ty defense

    And that's just how screwed they are for this season. Then you factor in their inability to rebuild do to lack of draft picks (they don't even have their own this year or in 2015, I believe), and Nash retiring soon, the possibility of Dwight leaving in the summer, and you have a truly ****ed franchise.


    #ExumHomer

  7. #22
    Senior Member carolinajazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,608
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1118
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    factor in their inability to rebuild do to lack of draft picks (they don't even have their own this year or in 2015, I believe), and Nash retiring soon, the possibility of Dwight leaving in the summer, and you have a truly ****ed franchise.
    ....couldn't happen to a nicer franchise! It's pay back time for all the years they kicked everybody's butt!

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pearl of the Orient Seas
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    80
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    If they do make the playoffs they have to send the Jazz something big for breaking their losing streak and giving them confidence.
    A first round pick in 2016 plus cash or a percentage of their profits =)

  9. #24
    Senior Member jazzrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    869
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1403
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Based on watching the ref ignore Millsap getting his arm grabbed turning him sideways for a turnover on a baseline drive to the basket at the start of the Lakers game I would bet they make the playoffs. Stern wants it, so it is probably a done deal. Did you see Millsap turn and stare at that official later on after he dunked? He was so angry he had daggers coming out of his eyes.

  10. #25
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    15,680
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    36615
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzrule View Post
    Based on watching the ref ignore Millsap getting his arm grabbed turning him sideways for a turnover on a baseline drive to the basket at the start of the Lakers game I would bet they make the playoffs. Stern wants it, so it is probably a done deal. Did you see Millsap turn and stare at that official later on after he dunked? He was so angry he had daggers coming out of his eyes.
    **** you're right.


    #ExumHomer

  11. #26
    Late Stage Rebuilder BabyPeterzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12182
    Rep Adjustment Power
    63
    The sleeper has awakened.

    They'll finish ahead of the Jazz, 4th - 5th seed.
    #Bakkthoscakks&piis

  12. #27
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    32,651
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    51658
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Consider me weird, but I'm rooting for the Lakers to get hot.

    That's our best chance of GST falling out of the playoffs.
    #BringBackUGLI

  13. #28
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    15,680
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    36615
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Consider me weird, but I'm rooting for the Lakers to get hot.

    That's our best chance of GST falling out of the playoffs.
    I've accepted that the GS pick is gonna suck. The only way it doesn't is if Curry has a season ending injury, and has it soon.


    #ExumHomer

  14. #29
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Offseason
    Posts
    13,535
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    49745
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    I've accepted that the GS pick is gonna suck. The only way it doesn't is if Curry has a season ending injury, and has it soon.
    Sad but true.

  15. #30
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    15,680
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    36615
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    They're currently 3.5 games behind the 8th spot.

    Pau is out 6-8 weeks.

    The NBA, where karma happens?


    #ExumHomer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us