Haven't read the thread, but I thought I'd drop in to declare what a giant douchehole Lance has made himself into. Every non-naive person already knew everybody was juicing, so this record of denial avalanching back onto him is just sorta funny. He should have handled this in an ENTIRELY different fashion.
(first update) Offseason to-do list:
1. Let Mo, Foyeeee3, Al (s&t?), Watson, and Tinsley go.
2. Re-sign Carroll
3. Draft McCollum, Schroeder, and Giannis (leave the latter two in Europe for a year [maybe two years for Giannis]).
4. Sign Tony Allen
5. Try to keep Millsap. If that doesn't work, explore s&t options.
6. Remove Corbin. Hire Brad Stevens or SVG.
7. Sign Calderon to a one-year (2 max) deal, or see if the cash-strapped Lakers will let us absorb Nash's last year.
Then he lied about his PED use for years, and bullied and tormented mercilessly those who accused him of cheating. Frankly, I'm less bothered by his cheating than the despicable way in which he bullied and tried to silence his accusers. He's a scumbag who doesn't deserve our compassion or forgiveness, unless and until he apologizes and tries makes amends to all of the people whose lives he tried to ruin.
I wonder whether Lance influenced an increase in cheating in the sport.
The US Postal Service is trying to get back some of the $30,000,000 they spent promoting Lance.
I am under the imporession that the 30 million was not for charity, but to sponser Lance.'s biking and bank accounts.
Did they cure cancer by the way? No.
Could they have instead used all that charity money instead to reduce cancer causing chemicals in our environment, and thereby reduce cancer cases worldwide? Yes.
No they didn't cure cancer, but they helped a lot of cancer patients and helped get closer to a cure, even if they didn't get all the way there.
I am skeptical that the world is better off because of Lance in any way. There would still have been money for cancer research, with or without him.