Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61
    In Pursuit of #PKM UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    30,762
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    41664
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    BYU could hike the ball to an invisible quarterback every down and still go 6-6 next year. I've got at least 10 wins if Taysom Hill is healthy. That guy is going to be great.
    hahaha yes.

    Perfect zoob response.
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

  2. #62
    Senior Member CONAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Draper
    Posts
    2,175
    Rep Power
    19
    Rep Level
    1010
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    It was a subtle joke inferring that byu was the main cupcake...
    Ya my bad. Definitely underestimated your abilities there.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

  3. #63
    Senior Member CONAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Draper
    Posts
    2,175
    Rep Power
    19
    Rep Level
    1010
    Word is Anae is very involved in the weight room now. Has a coach on each station pushing the players and they are absolutely killing them.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

  4.  

     

  5. #64
    Senior Member jazzman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,233
    Rep Power
    26
    Rep Level
    3137
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    Word is Anae is very involved in the weight room now. Has a coach on each station pushing the players and they are absolutely killing them.
    Well, that's I'll I need to hear. I'm sold!

    Escpecially since I'm sure Utah, Texas, Utah State, Notre Dame, G. Tech, Houston, and Boise State aren't working their asses off during their respective offseason conditioning programs.

    Man you jump at every sip of kool-aid given to you.

  6. #65
    Senior Member CONAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Draper
    Posts
    2,175
    Rep Power
    19
    Rep Level
    1010
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzman12 View Post
    Well, that's I'll I need to hear. I'm sold!

    Escpecially since I'm sure Utah, Texas, Utah State, Notre Dame, G. Tech, Houston, and Boise State aren't working their asses off during their respective offseason conditioning programs.

    Man you jump at every sip of kool-aid given to you.
    Hyperbole much, Lil Brah?
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

  7. #66
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    9,443
    Rep Power
    45
    Rep Level
    8694
    Is Holmoe going to jump roses ass? Someone forgot to tell the rest of those schools playing in high school gyms that BYU was supposed to dominate the wcc. At least Bronco lost to good nationally recognized and respected teams.

    While I was down with Bronco being blasted by Holmoe, I also demand consistency. BYU hoops has been a tremendous embarrassment this year. Time for Rose to get off his ass and recruit. The Jimmer is gone and these lone peak/Provo recruits aren't getting it done.
    Lakers Suck.

  8. #67
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    5,006
    Rep Power
    36
    Rep Level
    5882
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Is Holmoe going to jump roses ass? Someone forgot to tell the rest of those schools playing in high school gyms that BYU was supposed to dominate the wcc. At least Bronco lost to good nationally recognized and respected teams.

    While I was down with Bronco being blasted by Holmoe, I also demand consistency. BYU hoops has been a tremendous embarrassment this year. Time for Rose to get off his ass and recruit. The Jimmer is gone and these lone peak/Provo recruits aren't getting it done.
    It would've worked out just fine if Stephen Rogers and Chris Collinsworth didn't have career ending injuries that weren't fully known until recruiting was already done for the year. Those were two top 5 players on this team. They would have been ranked right now with those guys. He gets a pass from me on the year for that reason. You can't control injuries.

    Now depth can be controlled......they certainly need to hit the JC ranks better though yearly. All the JC players they've gotten in the Dave Rose era have been late year guys that they have to scramble to get and that just aren't very good. BYU has a great history with JC guys as long as they are on them early enough and can evaluate them properly. That's the problem solver to me. You can't not recruit JC talent when you have to deal with Mormon missions. It's as simple as that. BYU football and BYU basketball do not seem to understand this and end up in talent holes sometimes. Which is why the BYU football team went and got 6 JC lineman this year or something late in the game. Maybe they'll get lucky and a few of those lineman will end up being good, but more likely they won't be because BYU didn't start out recruiting that many. 4 of them were last second recruits. You can't do that. Plan to recruit a bunch of these guys each year that you can evaluate properly and it will work out. When the JC ranks just become a last minute panic recruiting spot, you're in trouble. If I were a coach at BYU, a minimum of 1/4 my team would be JC guys that we would be evaluating throughout the year.

  9. #68
    Free at last!!! bigb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fathering Kanter's children
    Posts
    5,700
    Rep Power
    43
    Rep Level
    7850
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    At least Bronco lost to good nationally recognized and respected teams.
    San Jose State dude

  10. #69
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    9,443
    Rep Power
    45
    Rep Level
    8694
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    San Jose State dude
    11-2 with their only conference loss against Utah St.

    Despite what the haters say, San Jose St was very respectable.

    BYU had one really bad loss, it was against that team up north playing with their backup RB and without their #1 offensive weapon. there just weren't many Div I teams Utah could have beaten without White playing. They received a few gifts at the end of the game and still couldn't cash in. Utah sucked last year and yet still beat BYU. Embarrassing. If BYU couldn't beat Utah last year then I'm afraid to say they never will.

    That, and the Boise St. game where just a few offensive yards would have won it. Boise St. sucked at that time.
    Lakers Suck.

  11. #70
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    9,443
    Rep Power
    45
    Rep Level
    8694
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    It would've worked out just fine if Stephen Rogers and Chris Collinsworth didn't have career ending injuries that weren't fully known until recruiting was already done for the year. Those were two top 5 players on this team. They would have been ranked right now with those guys. He gets a pass from me on the year for that reason. You can't control injuries.

    Now depth can be controlled......they certainly need to hit the JC ranks better though yearly. All the JC players they've gotten in the Dave Rose era have been late year guys that they have to scramble to get and that just aren't very good. BYU has a great history with JC guys as long as they are on them early enough and can evaluate them properly. That's the problem solver to me. You can't not recruit JC talent when you have to deal with Mormon missions. It's as simple as that. BYU football and BYU basketball do not seem to understand this and end up in talent holes sometimes. Which is why the BYU football team went and got 6 JC lineman this year or something late in the game. Maybe they'll get lucky and a few of those lineman will end up being good, but more likely they won't be because BYU didn't start out recruiting that many. 4 of them were last second recruits. You can't do that. Plan to recruit a bunch of these guys each year that you can evaluate properly and it will work out. When the JC ranks just become a last minute panic recruiting spot, you're in trouble. If I were a coach at BYU, a minimum of 1/4 my team would be JC guys that we would be evaluating throughout the year.
    I stopped reading after 2 lines. Why do you think anyone would take the time to read that long of an apologist post?

    Here's the fact, BYU was supposed to dominate this league. They haven't. In 2 years they have (at best) been the 3rd banana. This year? They are quickly fading into the mid to bottom portions of the conference. Make up all the excuses you want. You still have Haws, the Limmer, and Mr. Law of Chasity himself (as a senior) and still suck. The recruiting? Not so hot. The coaching? Probably my biggest concern. Do we even run an offense or is it whoever takes the inbounds pass go 1 on 1 and chuck up a 3???

    Has Davies developed a single post move in the 4 years he's had in college?

    Time to put some pressure on Bro. Rose. Brother Mendenhall isn't the only one who needs to have his seat heated up. BOTH have been disappointing the past few years. Jimmer and Pitta ain't coming back to rebuild your programs.
    Lakers Suck.

  12. #71
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    9,443
    Rep Power
    45
    Rep Level
    8694
    Watching BYU is like watching the kings. No structure to their offense and a talented idiotic big man in the middle. Haws= Evans. He chucks and chucks and does little else to help his team. Carlino= Thomas, quick talented guard who never gets anyone else involved. Cousins=Davies, talented, stupid, rarely plays because of dumb fouls and emotions.

    No offensive structure. BYU is at its best when the stars are benched and Cusick, zylstea, and kaufusi move the rock around and actually attempt to run an offense.
    Lakers Suck.

  13. #72
    Premium Member Core4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dante's inferno
    Posts
    14,316
    Rep Power
    99
    Rep Level
    24400
    I don't think BYU was supposed to dominate the WCC. Gonzaga has been a solid tournament team for nearly two decades, with a 17-15 NCAA tournament record. Loyola has had some good years, as had USF. St. Mary's has really upped their program as of late. BYU will likely win 20 games again. They'll miss the NCAA tournament, but nearly every university has "down" seasons, unless we'e talking about the Dukes of the world. Yes, it's a disappointing season. But it's not like they're sitting at 10-13 and last in their league. Look back over the records of ANY of BYU's most succesful coaches: Stan Watts, Frank Armold, Ladell Anderson, Roger Reid, Steve Cleveland, and you'll see "down" years or outright collapses for all of them. Rose has had seven consecutive 20-win seasons (and likely 8). IINM, he had a pretty good recruiting year but most are going on missions. If his health holds, I think his job is and SHOULD be pretty safe. Certainly, there's always a danger of burnout as happend with his predecessors in Reid and Cleveland. But I don't see that right now. What I see is a tem coming off a tough loss at USD that likely cost them a shot at the NCAA's. And then they go absolutely ice cold in the 2nd half vs. USF. But they're still a respectable 18-8. In terms of winning %, he's been the best coach BYU has ever had!
    Last edited by Core4; 02-11-2013 at 12:20 PM.

  14. #73
    Free at last!!! bigb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fathering Kanter's children
    Posts
    5,700
    Rep Power
    43
    Rep Level
    7850
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    11-2 with their only conference loss against Utah St.

    Despite what the haters say, San Jose St was very respectable.

    BYU had one really bad loss, it was against that team up north playing with their backup RB and without their #1 offensive weapon. there just weren't many Div I teams Utah could have beaten without White playing. They received a few gifts at the end of the game and still couldn't cash in. Utah sucked last year and yet still beat BYU. Embarrassing. If BYU couldn't beat Utah last year then I'm afraid to say they never will.

    That, and the Boise St. game where just a few offensive yards would have won it. Boise St. sucked at that time.
    You said "nationally recognized and respected teams" (or something like that). One good year does not make a nationally recognized and respected team. San Jose State will now go back to the joke they are.

  15. #74
    Admininstrator colton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,148
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    10503
    Just hired Jason Beck as QB coach and Guy Holliday as WR coach. Anyone know much about them?

    Here's a news article:
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...n-coaches.html
    The word you are looking for is very probably "complement", not "compliment". As in "Favors and Kanter will likely complement each other nicely". Although... depending on how impressive a given play is, they may compliment each other nicely as well.

  16. #75
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    5,006
    Rep Power
    36
    Rep Level
    5882
    Looks good to me. Whoever is making the hiring decisions at this point has clearly decided that experience is more important than looking for that playcalling prodigy of the future that BYU and Utah got themselves caught up in the past few years. Now you have a former head coach as O-Line coach and two former Offensive coordinators as QB coach and WRs coach to add to the cumulative offensive brainpower.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •