Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Level

All thing Hayward (Dirk said it so let it be done)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk N.
    "Is Gordon Hayward a "mini-me" version of Dirk Nowitzki? Not exactly, Nowitzki said after Hayward popped in 27 points and had six rebounds and five assists in a performance that had all the elements of a vintage Dirk game. "Oh, man, he's way more athletic than I ever was," Nowitzki said. "I like him. He plays hard, goes 100 mph all the time, sticks his nose in there and goes to the glass. And he plays physical for his size. He's not scared and the sky's the limit for him, especially if he shoots the ball like that. It opens up the drive for him." Before Monday, the most vivid memory of Haward that the Mavericks had was last season when Delonte West gave the 6-7 swingman the infamous "West"

also just for FYI
    http://www.fleaflicker.com/nba/news?...tableOffset=14
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Rep Level
    i like to think that hayward has a really high ceiling, if he can keep puting games together like he has since late December he is going to be good.

he is a great asset on our team!
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JGolds View Post
    i like to think that hayward has a really high ceiling, if he can keep puting games together like he has since late December he is going to be good.

he is a great asset on our team!
    Burks said that he has a higher ceiling Hayward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    If he can continue to shoot the 3 at 40% and overcome whatever mental issues he has, then we really could have an All-Star on our hands. But what's with the Dirk comparison?

Rep Level
    Burks is a legend in his own mind.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Burks said that he has a higher ceiling Hayward.
    When did he say that?

Rep Level
    Hayward can do things Dirk can't but he'll never be the scorer that Dirk is/was.

Dirk was born with a inante feel for the basket like Hornacek and Ray Allen did before him. He's literally a one in a million type pure shooter.

Hayward clearly doesn't have that kind of scorer's instinct or mentality.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    When did he say that?
    At Best Buy last night. Just to me. And no, I did not record it.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Hayward can do things Dirk can't but he'll never be the scorer that Dirk is/was.

Dirk was born with a inante feel for the basket like Hornacek and Ray Allen did before him. He's literally a one in a million type pure shooter.

Hayward clearly doesn't have that kind of scorer's instinct or mentality.
    Burks does.

Rep Level
    this was a question a reporter asked dirk after the game about haywards game. sorry orange... dirk didnt give a shout out to burks.
    ― Jarod Kintz

Rep Level
    If he can continue to shoot the 3 at 40% and overcome whatever mental issues he has, then we really could have an All-Star on our hands. But what's with the Dirk comparison?
    all white players must be compared... because one is white and the other dude is white. White dudes.

Rep Level
    Hey, has anybody noticed how much Hayward actually reminds you of David Lee? Spooky.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post

Dirk was born with a inante feel for the basket .
    Too bad Dirk didn't talk to you a long time ago, he could have avoided wasting those 10s of thousands of hours he spent working on his shot and the money wasted on his personal shooting coach.

Rep Level

Rep Level
    When did he say that?
    Im pretty sure he didn't..... i would like to know where orange heard that too.

Edut: Should have known it was at best buy.