Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think he will stick around for a long time, he seems like a level headed guy, not wanting to leave for 'big markets'. I hope he sticks around too, gotta love his game the past little bit

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JGolds View Post
    we are jazz fans we love wishful thinking!!
    sigworthy
    Chop it!!!

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by larryselbows View Post
    Locke is always saying that players are pretty much who they are after 3 years, but with Hayward I wonder if he's different. He seems to approach the game from so many different angles that maybe he's still figuring things out a bit. There are some guys that continued to improve well after their first 3 years, Steve Nash is one of them.

This! As frustrating as Hayward has been the last two seasons, he still continues to progress his game and impress me with his improvements. I think he has All Star capability at a much later stage in his career than those who usually get there. That's no lock by any means and he may stall, but we won't see any of that until next season at minimum. Plus, he'll be a good player if he gets just a little bit better yet continues making those veteran consistency improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    That is a great point. I wonder though if that can also be true of Favors, Kanter and Burks. Lightning can strike 4 times in the same place, right?
    I think it is very possible with Favors. He's showing no signs of stalling in his improvement, even if it is slow. Kanter surely has much growth left in him. I think Burks is the one of the four who might stall out in his third season, but his lack of playing time combined with the shortened rookie season probably give him an extra season to put it all together.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You just have to look at what those players are doing already and what's reasonable to expect them to get better at. All Burks really would have to do to be brushing star power is a reliable step back or pullup J. All Hayward needs is consistency, the big guys just need to keep working on their feet and learning how to avoid turnovers. All of this is reasonable and will happen if they work at it.

I don't really buy the 3 year story as a rule of thumb although it sounds good. Lots and lots of guys get better around the league after 3 years, particularly the elite players. In Utah Millsap is a very good example of somebody who seems to get a new wrinkle to his game every year.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Whenever I get depressed about Favors's mpg, I search up Jermaine O'Neal on wikipedia.

I suggest y'all do the same as well.

Always thinking of ma brodiez,

-George

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Can't wait til Paul George gets an All Star spot this year despite scoring less than 17 pts shooting 42%, which will somehow make him waaay better than Hayward. Man the east is turrible.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Always thinking of ma brodiez,

-George
    Thanks, George.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Can't wait til Paul George gets an All Star spot this year despite scoring less than 17 pts shooting 42%, which will somehow make him waaay better than Hayward. Man the east is turrible.
    While playing 10 minutes more than Hayward per game. FIREKOC!!!

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thanks, George.
    Mum always taught me to look and care after my friends.

Just looking.

And caring.

-George

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post

I don't get it. Really.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    You just have to look at what those players are doing already and what's reasonable to expect them to get better at. All Burks really would have to do to be brushing star power is a reliable step back or pullup J. All Hayward needs is consistency, the big guys just need to keep working on their feet and learning how to avoid turnovers. All of this is reasonable and will happen if they work at it.

I don't really buy the 3 year story as a rule of thumb although it sounds good. Lots and lots of guys get better around the league after 3 years, particularly the elite players. In Utah Millsap is a very good example of somebody who seems to get a new wrinkle to his game every year.
    Good post.... lebron is an example of a player getting better after the 3rd year, and i think it probably happens quite often.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Good post.... lebron is an example of a player getting better after the 3rd year, and i think it probably happens quite often.
    Like a couple of guys named Stockton & Malone. Hey, they even have statues out in front of the ESA if you wanna go take some pictures.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Burks said that he has a higher ceiling Hayward.
    Didn't Karl Malone have very high ceilings? That was one of the things that made his house hard to sell.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Locke is always saying that players are pretty much who they are after 3 years, but with Hayward I wonder if he's different. He seems to approach the game from so many different angles that maybe he's still figuring things out a bit. There are some guys that continued to improve well after their first 3 years, Steve Nash is one of them.
    Disagree, especially when it comes to bigs. The old rule of thumb is that it takes bigs 3-5 years to develop...and that was the adage back in the days when everyone stayed in school. With Hayward, yes, you can see after 3 years the type of player he is. But that doesn't mean he's not going to refine his skills: be more controlled woth his dribbling, more consistent off of curls, maybe even learn to finish dunks. We kind of know the type of player Burks is becoming. But like Hayward, he can continue to improve his ball-handling and shooting every season. Who knows, the Jazz may even turn him into a serviceable PG?

And I think we have the sanme situation with Favors and Kanter. Both were extremely raw coming into the NBA. Three years won't completely define their offensive games. Players can improve every season. Just look at Karl Malone. He had no outside game unitl well into his career. Yes, basic personality traits are set. Passive players aren't suddenly going to become team leaders. Guys that can't jump aren't going to turn into Dr. J's. But players can continue to significantly improve, especially if they were raw or underutilized when they came into the league.