Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROOT sports HD?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

ROOT sports HD?

Just got a new Samsung 40'' 1080p tv that is 120hz. ROOT has always been 720p (at best) right? Also is it normal for it to have alot of pixelation? I mean the players almost look blurry at times when making fast movements. I can tell it's not to TNT or ESPN standards but come on, it's been like this for years...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I am watching it on HD thru Root

For me my HD channels are in the 500s. so instead of channel 33 it is 533...
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It's worse than espn but Its not that bad. You on the right one?

You got directv?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I bought a 43" Samsung plasma which is 600hz and it looks amazing! Although Root sports HD is no where near as good as ESPN, TNT ect.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is probably your TV. You have something like motion control or tru motion.

You need to mess with the settings so that you will not have these annoying flickerings during fast moving pictures.

I just looked online for the idea settings for my samsung tv, and used them. The picture looks much better now than out of the box.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yeah Im on the right channel. I'm talking about the quality of ROOT HD. The scoreboard looks 1080p but anything on camera that moves is clearly not up to other channels or sports in 1080p. Watching in 3D is cool though.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If I'm not mistaken all cable TV broadcasts at 720p.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by crater77 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken all cable TV broadcasts at 720p.
    Some are 1080i. Hard to tell the difference for most ppl. Also, many tvs or cable boxes will convert the incoming signal to one or the other, so possible your tv tells you everything is 720p

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by reignman40 View Post
    Yeah Im on the right channel. I'm talking about the quality of ROOT HD. The scoreboard looks 1080p but anything on camera that moves is clearly not up to other channels or sports in 1080p. Watching in 3D is cool though.
    Your issue may be that you have 3d mode on when the game is not being captured in 3d. Only a handful of sporting events a year are in 3d and are on espn3d. The guy selling you on the 3d feature of the tv probably failed to mention there's little content available in 3d. Sure the tv can "upconvert" to 3d but in reality it just makes the picture worse. Turn it off and you'll probably see improvement.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Dude, even Willy's tapatalk is in HD.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Dude, even Willy's tapatalk is in HD.
    Working on getting 3d

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWilly087 View Post
    Your issue may be that you have 3d mode on when the game is not being captured in 3d. Only a handful of sporting events a year are in 3d and are on espn3d. The guy selling you on the 3d feature of the tv probably failed to mention there's little content available in 3d. Sure the tv can "upconvert" to 3d but in reality it just makes the picture worse. Turn it off and you'll probably see improvement.

3D looks just as clear. Actually he didn't sell me on 3D. They were having a sale where the same tv I wanted in the 3D version was the same price so I went with that. Only after did he tell me you could turn anything into 3D which I was surprised about.

I will look into tweaking the tru-motion.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWilly087 View Post
    Some are 1080i. Hard to tell the difference for most ppl. Also, many tvs or cable boxes will convert the incoming signal to one or the other, so possible your tv tells you everything is 720p

This.... i have a 60 inch 600hz samsung 3d tv and i have yet to see a channel that goes 1080P... 1080i and 720p are basically the same and my cable box was set up so that everything was 720P, but i changed it so that some channels are 1080i but i cant tell a difference at all.

The quality of HD is definately affected by the quality of the cameras being used...... so espn, fox, cbs, nbc etc have better looking HD and i think it is even affected by how popular the program is too. (american idol HD is top notch due to how popular it is, so they probably use the best cameras possible)

As for 3d..... 3d basically sucks on any channel other than espn3d channel.... My tv converts 2d channels to 3d like yours but im telling you that the quality of the 3d is very bad if you compare it to an actual 3d channel like espn3d. (btw, the best things to watch in 3d are basketball and tennis.... football is not near as good as basketball in 3d.)
    Stupid espn hardly ever puts anything on thier 3d channel live though (other than x games) so they mostly just show previously recorded stuff all the time.

I played uncharted 3 video game in 3d and it kicked ass
    Last edited by fishonjazz; 01-21-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What channel is ESPN 3D on Directv?
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    David Letterman has always looked phenomenal in HD. Well, his set anyway. He still looks like David Letterman.